• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there anyway we can still qualify for the free dining?

HeatherPage

<font color=darkcoral>Proud mommy, wife and WDW fa
Here's the situation, my dad booked two rooms at the Swan/Dolphin for the gov't rate of $99/night, my husband, son and I will be staying in one room, the parents in the other, for 7 nights. We've already purchased 6 day hoppers through the Disney store for our trip. If we move our reservation to say an All Star Resort and and buy a one day pass each (as part of the package) will we then qualify for free dining for the entire 7 day stay? I thought I had read someone was doing something similar to this on one of the other boards but I wasn't sure if I was reading it correctly. Is the dining plan linked to the number of days your staying at your hotel or the number of days on the passes you purchase through the package? Anyone in the know I would be extremely grateful for some quick information.

Thanks in advance!

Got this from Mousesavers.com:
It's back! If you missed out when this package was offered in June, now's your chance to grab a fantastic deal.

Check in between 8/21/05 and 10/4/05 for a Magic Your Way vacation package of 3 nights or longer at a Walt Disney World resort and get the Dining Plan added at no extra cost!

It is also listed on Disney's website.

Thank you but it still doesn't answer my question...

It is tied to the number of days you are staying at the hotel.

I have a package booked for seven nights at CSR, with one day MWY base tickets for the entire party and we are getting the free dining for all seven nights.

Hope this helps!!! The free dining is a great promo, it made me want to go to disney.

Warning.. I had a hard time booking with CRO, twice I was told no I couldnt do one day tickets by two different CM's. I know I could because I had read on the DIS people were doing it. One actually put me on hold to ask guest services. Finally, I went through DU and they have taken away all of my frustations. SueEllen from DU was able to get the one day base tickets with the package and free dining. Moral of the story... if they say NO, keep trying.

Awesome, thank you! Now I have to decide (and if there is availability those same dates) if we want the convenience of staying at the Swan but paying for dining or switch to an All Star with the free dining.

Sorry two more questions, would we only have to buy the one day myw base ticket for my husband and I or would we have to get one for my 3 year old a
as well? And lastly, since it would technically be a "package" deal I assume it's not the one nights deposit put down at booking and pay the remainder when you check in but a deposit when you book and pay the remainder so many days out from the trip?

Thanks again!

HeatherPage said:
Sorry two more questions, would we only have to buy the one day myw base ticket for my husband and I or would we have to get one for my 3 year old a
as well? And lastly, since it would technically be a "package" deal I assume it's not the one nights deposit put down at booking and pay the remainder when you check in but a deposit when you book and pay the remainder so many days out from the trip?

Thanks again!
If you book the package you can choose to just "hold" it for a week I believe before you are required to put the $$200.00 deposit down (I would put the deposit down right away to avoid getting bumped...it has happened) After you pay the deposit you must pay the remaining balance in full 45 days before check in. You only need to buy 1 day tickets, but every person in the party has to have the same number of park tickets. BUT, once you get to Disney, you can change the tickets in any way that suits you. For example, our son has an annual pass (none of the rest of us do) so we are going to take the remaining tickets, "bulk" them together and get the 10 day passes just for the 3 of us...saving lots of$$. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter