Is there any reasonably inexpensive food in UNI?

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)

DIS Veteran
We will just be there for 2 days. Going on a cruise (where I am sure we will eat WAY too much, LOL).
While at UNI, we don't want to eat huge meals, and are looking for ideas for decent counter service meals. There are 5 of us, 2 are teenage boys, DS10, DH and I. Staying at HRH.

I need suggestions for IOA, USO, and evening food (we won't have a car). I know the food is always expensive at the parks, just looking for suggestions of lesser priced good tasting food.

I have checked the online menus, but I have not been to UNI for over 13 years, and I'd rather have current opinions.

Thanks much!

My favorite is Enchanted Oak and Burger Digs in IoA and at Universal, Richters and Boulangerie. But the cheapest is probably Mel's Diner for hamburgers.

and you get a lot of food for the money. the smoked chicken platter at Enchanted Oak is a 1/2 chicken, fries, corn on the cob, and a corn muffin.

Boulangerie and Croissant Moon have great lunches at a good price if you are looking for sandwiches with salads. Hard Rock Cafe serves huge portions that can easily be shared for a reasonable price. Mythos sells very yummy food and park prices (which actually are very reasonable considering the kind of food you are getting).

At IOA, we like Captain America or Burger Digs (if I'm remembering right, the toppings bar is better at Burger Digs) for burgers or chicken sandwiches and Cafe 4 for pizza. At US, we love Cafe La Bamba, which has burgers, chicken, ribs, and more.

How could I forget about Louie's?

We used to get one large pizza there and share it.

Just wanted to add that many of the counter service restaurants offer AAA discounts, if you're a member (just show your card). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please, and this changed recently.

My favorite is Enchanted Oak and Burger Digs in IoA and at Universal, Richters and Boulangerie. But the cheapest is probably Mel's Diner for hamburgers.

I second the enchanted oak:cool1: we had a very tasty burger with roasted corn on the cobb and I considered it reasonably priced by park standards

Pastamore in City Walk has a very reasonable breakfast option of a side of scrambled eggs and a side of bacon or sausage for $1.99 each. We ate breakfast there each day and really weren't hungry for a big lunch.

Have fun!

Most limo services offer a grocery store stop. Visit Publix, pick up a styrophome cooler in the beer isle (they're only like $7), and buy milk, juice, cereal, doughnuts, chips, subs from the deli, and of coarse, beer. Eat breakfast in your room each morning, that will save you time getting to the parks. Leave the cooler next to the ice machines when you leave.

At night you can order pizza in from Flippers, just need to tip the driver $5. Scroll to the middle of this page for the menu.
Flippers
Here's the Kitchen menu at the HRH
The Kitchen
Here's the menu for Mythos inside of IOA.
Mythos Menu
This is a sit down restaurant, but the food is really good. They give you free bread to start. The adults can share a wrap of the day. The teenagers can share a cowboy burger. The youngest can have a pizza. Go here at 11:30am for an early lunch.
Mythos
The servers don't care if you share a meal, just say you're saving room for desert and tip them well.

If you like Nacho's the Volcano Nacho's at Margaritaville can EASILY feed two (or three)....they are HUGE, and yummy.

I also agree that for the money, Enchanted Oak is a great option. Tons of food at basically counter service prices. Really tasty food and a great atmosphere. (Don't forget to look UP if you decide to eat there...they have a beautiful stained glass window in the ceiling).

HAVE FUN!:cool1:

IOA

CS-Enchanted Oak
TS-Mythos

US
CS-International Food and Film Festival
TS-Finnegan's

Sal's Pizzeria at the Portofino Bay Hotel is another good option for delicious pizza and salads. You could just take the boat to PBH.

If you wouldn't mind about a 20 minute walk, you could technically hit the Golden Corral that's right across Kirkman from the Universal Entrance (Major Blvd.) That'd be your best value.

At IOA my favorites are:

1. Thunder Falls Terrace (only open seasonally now :mad: )
2. The Enchanted Oak
3. The Burger Digs

At Universal my favorites are:

1. Louie's
2. Monster Cafe
3. Mel's

Pastamore in City Walk has a very reasonable breakfast option of a side of scrambled eggs and a side of bacon or sausage for $1.99 each. We ate breakfast there each day and really weren't hungry for a big lunch.

Have fun!

This sounds good. I will be at HRH at the end of April. What times does Pastamore's open? TIA

This sounds good. I will be at HRH at the end of April. What times does Pastamore's open? TIA

During Christmas week they opened at 8:00 a.m. They have other breakfast things too, and good coffee.

Nan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter