• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is There Any Discounts For Deluxes Out There?

beebles

Mouseketeer
considering staying at the poly, but my goodness, 350 a night in VALUE season is crazy! Then I have heard of not so great service at GF and that is just ludicrous for that money! Where are the serious discounts, if ANY?

I know what you mean! I tried to get a room at the Poly with my AAA discount but was told there were no discounted rooms available for my time period; only nondiscounted rooms were available. I considered going to the Contemp where I could use my AAA discount, but for the same money (a room in the Tower), I could stay in a garden view room at the Poly. (I wasn't interested in a room in one of the Wings at the Contemp., which would have been less $).

We stayed at the Poly about 12 years ago and really loved it. The atmosphere is so relaxing when you return from a busy day at the park. So I decided to go for it. Plus the pool area has been redone since we were there, so that'll be fun.

Have you considered the WL? It is absolutely beautiful (we've stayed there twice). It is a good value for the money.

Good luck with your decision making!

The resorts are running at a very high level of occupancy this year -- discounts are going to be a lot fewer and farther between than in past years, as there are many more folks willing to pay the regular rates this year.

I just booked AKL through a travel agent for 12/4 through 12/10. We're staying 6 nights in a Deluxe Savannah view room, with 7 day park hopper for 2 adults. Priced on the Disney site, it would have been ~$2700. We got it for $2067. I know she played around with a lot of things and our AAA membership came in to play somewhere along the way and there was talk of 'suppliers'. Point is that there are still discounts out there. I also got all three of our air tickets for only $346 total and the rental car for free, so it's ending up being a much cheaper vacation than we had budgeted for.

I agree. Why discount rooms when you can fill them at rack rate. PJV57, when are you going and when did you check for the AAA discounts. Usually, if you call far enough ahead, you should be able to get the discount. I'd keep trying. Maybe someone will cancel.

I made my reservations late July through a TA, who has said she will be checking continuously for any possible discounts.

We booked through a TA (Magical Memories Travel) and we got 2 court yard view rooms at WL for $204 a night first week in December. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter