Is there any cure....

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Mom B, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Mom B

Mom B DIS Veteran

for this Disney obsession? We're not even members yet, though I/we hope to be someday...but I have a feeling that joining DVC will not help and will likely make it worse. What's a person to do?:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Dizzy4Dizney

Dizzy4Dizney Mother to the Princess

The only cure is to keep going to Disney!

4. dsmith

dsmith "There's no such thing as Tag Fairies." ;)

Sorry, there is no cure... but it is treatable! The best ways to keep it from getting too bad are to: visit this site every day to talk about it with other sufferers and make plans many months in advance to get your next fix.

5. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

It is a bad bad thing to be Disney obsessed. But you can come here and be obsessed with lots of others. I know I usually am planning out at least 3-4 trips, and since DVC, I go about 3x a year. Never would have been able to do that without DVC. (and the DIS, where I learned all about DVC)

6. disny4ever

disny4ever dvc member

Trembling before an upcoming trip, constant babbling about what you are going to do each day, planning were to eat 6 months ahead of time, pointing at the tv every time a WDW commercial comes on, these are just a few. This affects everyone differently and there is " NO CURE ", you can only treat the symptoms and occasional keep it in check !!

7. Boo

Boo <font color=purple>aka Katie Neelin DVC Gold

Disney obsession is not a bad thing to have;) There are much worse obsessions to have like counting carbs, those out there who love attending insurance seminars, and people who can't watch enough Matlock reruns.
    I'll take this one! At least my Disney obession puts a little bounce in my step and a smile on my face. :bounce:

8. mbb

mbb <font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli

you join DVC...

'cause then you get Add-on-itis...:earseek:

Enjoy!:sunny:

9. tlotgg

tlotgg Mouseketeer

Years ago, someone (Pete I think) posted a message about the twelve steps of Disney Anonymous based on the twelve steps of A.A. It was quite clever. I'm not sure how you would find this post again but maybe someone more clever than I am could help. It certainly helps me with my Disney addiction.

10. lenshanem

lenshanem <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I have to admit it gets worse once you join DVC. Before, I used to talk about my upcoming trip and drive everyoen insane. Now, when i talk about it, they are liek and what year is this trip?!?
    (You end up having like a million trips all palnned out that are actually already booked or at least in your head.)I actually try to see if I can go without mentioning anything Disney when I'm out. I never succeed.

11. Timon 50

Timon 50 SSR HOMEOWNER

I don`t understand the problem
    please what`s wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave: :wave: :wave:

12. diskat

diskat Mouseketeer

When I joined Dvc I think it only made me more obsessed. Now I have to go every year to use those points. I run to see the tv if I hear any kind of disney music. I love to talk about disney to anyone that will listen and sometimes not listen. I LOVE these boards and visit every day. There may not be a cure but it is a great and fun obsession. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

13. mamarobin24

mamarobin24 <font color=red>Disney Nuts of the DIS unite!!!!!<

alcohol, drugs, running around on your spouse, listening to political candidates, cleaning up dirty diapers, scrubbing toilets . . .

you get the idea. Personally, it's kind of fun being known in the entire county as the woman to come to who knows about Disney.

. . .and yeah,it gets worse once you belong. . . .

14. Deemarch

Deemarch DIS Veteran

DVC and planning trips have become my passion...Let's not call it an obsession. It's my joy in life!!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

15. OKW91

OKW91 Guest

We were there 5 days ago, and it already seems like 5 months since we left!!! It's a nice obsession, just keep planning those trips! It's the only none cure for it!

16. tinkgrl

tinkgrl Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein

Hi,

I agree with the people here. No cure...just keep planning trips!!!! It's a good addiction!!! :wizard:

Allison an associate

17. jimh13432

jimh13432 Mouseketeer

I hope not. I love this addiction!:earsboy:

18. Doc and Family

Doc and Family DIS, DVC, and Disney...To Infinity and Beyond...

Mom B,
    There is NO cure--I repeat, there is NO cure.
    Trust me, I'm a doctor (and like to think I know what I'm talking about)
    There is treatment--but it takes many, many, many sessions with one certain Mouse and his friends to impart some level of stability that will allow you to function (just barely, though) in everyday life.
    Often times my beeper disrupts my life--but lately it has been worse. Not work related though, it is colleagues and sometimes patients asking me for advice relating to WDW. I would prescribe multiple trips as often as economically feasibe to see this Mouse. He has magical healing powers (and an uncanny ability at removing any form of monetary representation you may have).
    Welcome to our world, and warn your family and friends, it is contagious--which again requires treatment from the Mouse.
    See you in therapy.:teeth:

19. Mom B

Mom B DIS Veteran

I need my next "treatment" ASAP!::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

20. STEAMBOAT209

STEAMBOAT209 DIS Veteran

I never want a cure from this. This is just too much fun. We constantly have at least too trips booked and one waiting to be booked. So we can conctantly be planning all the time. And inbetween that, we are on the boards getting our fix just about everyday. I know I never want to change that.

21. justloveit

justloveit Mouseketeer

My addiction and planning vacations is the only thing that has helped me survive this miserable winter in nj. i don't want to be cured!