Is there an updated allergy-free foods list??

Anya22

Mouseketeer
I know that a lot of changes have been happening with various products at Disney that cater to people with food allergies/intolerances. I know they used to send a list of foods that could accommodate certain allergies but I haven't heard of anyone getting a recently updated version? Has anyone gotten one? Or are they no longer giving that out? (Which I imagine is just them trying to cover themselves if they abruptly change suppliers)
Thanks!

I am also interested in hearing the answer to this. I have the list from three years ago, but obviously that is no longer accurate.

I have actually approached the special diets group several times on this question. They are unfortunately no longer offering this form. Their reason is that the products change too frequently, so we should just check the ingredient list when we check into a restaurant. I have been trying to explain that we need that list in advance in order to contact manufacturers for more detail than we can get from an ingredient label (cross contamination, etc.). Even if some products change between receiving the list and the visit to the park, at least it would give allergy families a start. I'm trying to encourage other parents trying to plan a trip to Disney to communicate back to Disney just how essential that list is to us.

I requested a list, sometime in the last 6 months and received one via email. I think I still have it saved in my emails...

I was trying to get a list and received this information (which didn't address the list, so I sent another e-mail). If I don't get a satisfactory response, I will call to speak to them and explain that the list helps us to plan. I mean how will I know where to eat and be able to find say the "allergy free chicken tenders" if I don't have a starting point?

It seems like eating in the parks/on-site is getting complicated!

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note we have recently modified our process based on feedback from our Chefs and Guests. For future reference please know, Guests no longer need to fill out the Guest Allergy Dietary Request Form unless there is a member in the party with requests associated with the list below:

- PKU

- Metabolic disorders

- A single Guest with 4 or more allergies/intolerances

When booking your dining reservations, please be sure to advise the Cast Member of your special dietary restrictions. If you book online, please make sure you include your dietary restrictions on each reservation. If you have already booked your reservations and you are not sure you included the restrictions, please contact our Disney Reservation Center at 407-WDW-Dine or 407-939-3463. We stress that you ask to speak to a Chef or a Leader at each location in which you dine.

I hope your visit is an enjoyable one.

Does every place have an allergy list at the door? My son can only have 5 foods and I'm getting worried where I can feed him. Fries are easy, but they have to be free of dairy.

This is the reply I received after requesting a list. I totally understand what they are saying, but most FA people don't just rely on the list, they would ask when they got there, but it at least gives a starting point. I think the list really help us in the past with quick service and snacks so I could sort of know what might be OK.

Thank you for your reply and for your request.
Due to the large volume of meals we serve, vendors and suppliers frequently substitute products and update menu items and preparation methods. Therefore, to receive the most current information, we ask that you speak to a Chef or Manager when you arrive at each location. They will be happy to assist with your selection and provide product labels and ingredients for menu items.
We look forward to future opportunities to entertain you.
Sincerely,

Special Diets Team
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort
]

I have the ones from last year, they are word documents. If someone can walk me through the best way to post them I will, or can e-mail to anyone that wants to PM me their address.

I have the ones from last year, they are word documents. If someone can walk me through the best way to post them I will, or can e-mail to anyone that wants to PM me their address.

Please don't post a list from last year. Way too many things have changed. Probably half the stuff on that list would be wrong and would cause a lot of confusion. When people are asking for an updated list, they're asking for what Special Diets has refused to do, create a list of what is actually in the parks since they completely overhauled their suppliers.

Didn't realize they had changed so much guess I will be preparing and packing DD a meal everytime we leave our room. It was so nice having the lists for every park last year.

We just spent a week at an all inclusive resort in Mexico with her. I ended up packing a toaster oven in a checked bag and chiecking a cooler full of GF foods I could prepare in it or the microwave we had in our suite.

If you're only Gluten Free and not needing to avoid anything else then please do not interpret my post to mean that there aren't lots of gluten free options. There are. WDW is still one of the best places in the world to travel when gluten free. There are LOTS of options and you should still be able to find the same kinds of options though different brands of GF goodies at pretty much the same places (meaning if they served GF pizza then they'll still have GF pizza though it could be a different brand). Really, it'll be ok. People with milk allergies are a bit more affected by the changes and people with egg allergies are significantly more affected by the changes. People who are GF just need tp be prepared for different brands and that's about the only impact. At least that's how I've seen it.

I have severe food allergies and carry and epipen. For what its worth I'd say Disney makes a 99% effort to work with this. Have I had flaws yes but only at one location and that was at Jiko's where I will never ever go again. I was served an item I am allergic to after giving them a list. Then told I should have printed a list vs listing them with my reservation. Both df and myself had food poisoning for 3 days after dinner at Jiko with poor df having the worst of it and he has not food intolerance or allergies. I know I love AKl love Boma and Sanaa's but will never go back to Jiko's.

Back to the good, Most chefs at Disney truly care about your needs. You will have the most success at sit down dining establishments and if you are willing to keep adr's and not expect to just walk in. With your Adr's you can call the restaurant in advance and let them know what your allergic to. If it is something minor like one food group you should not have a problem. When its something larger like a severe nut allergy this could get tricky. One of my allergies is to soy beans including oil and lecithin. It has never been a problem even with fried items and breads disney always come through. I have crazy allergies and one of the reasons I love Disney is I can go on vacation without worrying about getting sick. (jikos being the exception)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter