Is there an orange grove near Disney?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by WDW4us2006, Mar 5, 2013.

1. WDW4us2006

WDW4us2006 DIS Veteran

We are heading to WDW for a sports tournament next week, and I was wondering if there were any orange groves nearby where we could purchase citrus and the like..... ?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SarahKate

SarahKate DIS Veteran

Showcase of Citrus! This place is a yearly tradition for our family and is an easy drive from the WDW area, about 20 minutes or so. It's a great roadside place and just has a nostalgic feel to it. I'm not sure what will be in season when you go but I think some of the oranges are getting to be out of season. We spend a good few hrs here and not even picking oranges! We walk around and watch for critters, they're everywhere. They have kittens running around, chickens that you can feed, goats, etc.

There's a creek that runs through the property and gators are there but we haven't seen any yet.

Then we sit down for some boiled peanuts and an orange slushy. The blood orange slushy is THE best but they'll let you try them to pick your fave. They also have local products such as honey and BBQ sauces. Love, love love this place! It's just a great way to spend part of a day and is a must do for us!

We do buy a few oranges but its really not our main reason for going!

4. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

5. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

here the website
    http://www.showcaseofcitrus.com/

It is less than an hour from WDW. would say about 35 minutes?

google claims it is less than 20 minutes - but have never gotten there that fast

6. pattibehan

pattibehan Mouseketeer

We went to Showcase of Citrus in December, and we loved picking our own oranges, would definately go back !

7. SarahKate

SarahKate DIS Veteran

It takes us about 20-25 minutes depending on the traffic and time of day. Probably also depends on where you're staying since WDW property is so big.

Missing the orange slushies now. Gee thanks, OP! :)

8. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

If you are looking to go to a orange grove and your trip is in Aug. the groves will be closed. Their growing season ends in May.

Orange growing season is Oct - May.

9. SarahKate

SarahKate DIS Veteran

@Shelly, Showcase of Citrus is actually open all year round. They may not have much in the way of oranges! But they do stay open. We were there last October and they didn't have that many oranges ready yet but still had their yummy slushies going and lots of other FL products.

10. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

when it is open they sell more than just oranges. (that my favorite)

really do miss their calendar - it was great - you could see what was growing when and plan your trip

11. mamabear0222

mamabear0222 Countdown to 2014 trip

I found this place researching. Can't wait to go!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards