Official DL July 2015 thread

alicat8

DIS Veteran
I used the search and went in a few pages of the boards and didn't see one. Anyone else planning to go right around the 60th anniversary?

I haven't been since 2007, and this will be my first trip to CA and my first that's longer than 1 day. Like to chat about hotels and planning!

**Height and pregnancy restrictions on pg 7

CHARACTER DINING info added to pg 8

**Nighttime July show times added to pg 17
60-years-diamond-anniversary-celebration-00b-full.jpg

Last edited:
We are going during that last week of June as well! Was at DLR 2 years ago during the 4th of July week. Crowds were very manageable EXCEPT for the night of the 4th:scared1:

July 6 - 13 here. Plane tickets are bought so it's official! Now just gotta decide on a hotel.

DD (13) and I will be on our annual DL trip from July 16 - 23. We know that it will be a busy time with the 60th but we can't wait! Plane tickets bought and hotel booked plus we already have our APs.

Yay! We'll probably get there around the 28th. I've heard some good things about the "good neighbor" hotels, so I think that's what I'll check out. Walking distance would be a plus too, since we'll have 2 2 year olds and a 5 year old. Anyone know where they're staying?

I'll keep it bumped for a few days and if no one directs us elsewhere, I'll rename it "official".
:)

I made my disney side sticker today and ordered my planning DVD. Taking my mind off of going back to work tomorrow.

We will be there for a visit from July 1st through July 6th for family fun and a celebration of our wedding anniversary. We usually stay at hotels that are a bit further out, so this trip we have ressies at a hotel at the crosswalk for a close walk in to the park. We are looking forward to being so close for easy early mornings and afternoon breaks.

Sweet! I am going July 11-21. Will be in the parks July 12 - 17. Decided to go the week before the anniversary in the hopes that it won't get mega-crowded until the weekend of the anniversary. Planning to make July 16 a rest day in preparation for a crazy July 17.

I have just been plotting and planning and it looks like with a bunch of credit card applications, we can really trim down the cost of this trip. Still jumping through the hoops but all should fall into place within 2-3 months.

Flights (Southwest) - free
Fairfield Inn Anaheim, 7 nights - free with Marriott points (so excited to stay across the street!)
Four 5-day hoppers - 3 will be free with Airmiles (Canadian), will pay for 1.

Then we just have food to think of - expecting it to cost less than what we typically spend in WDW.

We just got back from Christmas at WDW and now we are so excited for our family's first visit to Walt's original :cool1:

We'll be there July 15-19. My birthday's on the 16th and then the anniversary on the 17th! So excited! :cool1:

this is where I am staying myself

Sweet! I am going July 11-21. Will be in the parks July 12 - 17. Decided to go the week before the anniversary in the hopes that it won't get mega-crowded until the weekend of the anniversary. Planning to make July 16 a rest day in preparation for a crazy July 17. I have just been plotting and planning and it looks like with a bunch of credit card applications, we can really trim down the cost of this trip. Still jumping through the hoops but all should fall into place within 2-3 months. Flights (Southwest) - free Fairfield Inn Anaheim, 7 nights - free with Marriott points (so excited to stay across the street!) Four 5-day hoppers - 3 will be free with Airmiles (Canadian), will pay for 1. Then we just have food to think of - expecting it to cost less than what we typically spend in WDW. We just got back from Christmas at WDW and now we are so excited for our family's first visit to Walt's original :cool1:

We"ll be staying at Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites. It's where we usually stay because the mini suite size works well for our family of five. We also use rewards points so that helps with the price. We love the location!

I know the trip is a ways away, but I have a countdown app on my phone and check it when I need a little Disneyland boost! I put a picture of the castle on it...it always makes me smile. :)

We really like it. So close, and it has always been clean and quiet when we've been there. Comfortable beds, and we haven't had trouble with the wifi, either. That said, it is a typical Best Western...nothing super fancy, but that is really typical of all the places on Harbor right across from the parks.

I think you'll be happy with your choice!

We will be there June 28-July 2 staying at BW Anaheim only 2 of us so we do not need a suite

*EDIT* I guess the correct name is BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim for my trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter