• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there an internal bus at Art of Anim to get to food court?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
My sons will be going to here, and they're out in Little Mermaid section and will not have a car. Can they hop a bus to get to the food court?

I know people complain that it's a really far walk from the Little Mermaid section to the main building, but honestly it's not that far! Maybe 10 minutes walk at most from the farthest buildings to the food court.
Yep, totally agree and I am totally out of shape:drinking1Stayed at other resorts, including deluxe, that also can have about a 10 minute walk, especially those loooong hallways:)

We stayed in Little Mermaid once and never again! Granted, we were in the building farthest from the food court, but by Day 3 of our trip, we were hopping in the car and driving to the main building for food and buses! The walk can be deceptively long, depending I guess on how much walking you’ve already done (or will do) that day.

I know people complain that it's a really far walk from the Little Mermaid section to the main building, but honestly it's not that far! Maybe 10 minutes walk at most from the farthest buildings to the food court.

10 minutes to the foodcourt, 10 minutes back to your room.....oops, forgot my fork and knife.
Back to the foodcourt I go. Yep. It gets old, fast!
It's far.

You realize 10 min is half a mile. Don't know about you but that's far for a walk to your room, and back, over and over during a trip. Want a drink, walk half a mile. Need to ask a question in the lobby, walk half a mile. Then back again.
Yeah, IT'S far! And you pay the most for the room as they are never discounted. Crazy stuff! I can't believe they ever have anyone do that twice, LOL

You realize 10 min is half a mile. Don't know about you but that's far for a walk to your room, and back, over and over during a trip. Want a drink, walk half a mile. Need to ask a question in the lobby, walk half a mile. Then back again.
Yeah, IT'S far! And you pay the most for the room as they are never discounted. Crazy stuff! I can't believe they ever have anyone do that twice, LOL
I really think Disney should have a CM on a Pargo dedicated to transporting Mermaid Guests back and forth to Animation Hall!

But I am sure they think that is too labor intensive.:)

I can see it would be annoying if you had to go back and forth! When we stayed at AoA we stayed in the Cars section so I can't say I did the walk multiple times every day but we did walk over to the LM section a few times and I didn't think the walk was too far. I guess when we went to the food court, we just sat there and ate and usually went there from the pool, and if we needed to stop at the front desk we did so on our way back in from the parks so we were never making special visits to and from the main building. I guess it probably depends on how often you go back and forth and if you have the refillable mugs, etc, how annoying you find the walk!

OP, to shave off a few steps you could tell him to call Disney reservations and request buildings 7 or 9, closest to Lion King section, 1st floor. There are 3 buildings in Mermaid (7,8,9) with 8 being the farthest. Pull up a map and you’ll see what I mean. We had those same requests and got building 7 with room sort of in the middle, but with a lake view on the top floor. You dont always get exactly what you want, but it was a little better than being the farthest away. In all honesty, it’s not a horrible walk, however if I had to do that for a week multiple times a day it would get old. We were only there 3 days.

You know if they did that it would be $10 one way or $18 roundtrip per person plus tip. :-)
LOL..... maybe.
Though in all fairness, they do offer a shuttle at AKL and it's free
And last time I stayed at CBR there was one and it was free too
So, they haven't charged for these things yet, just don't offer them everywhere.

No, there isn't a bus. I'm a runner and when I stayed at LM it seemed like a HIKE (and I'm very used to the All Stars.) A 20-25 minute round trip walk made the refillable mugs downright laughable. Gorgeous themed resort though!
Same! We stayed for a couple nights on a spontaneous trip and our whole family said nope, AoA is a one and done on our list.

I guess i'm the odd one out, I love AoA and don't mind the walk at all. But it was pretty convenient when we stayed at Pop 60's section to walk right out to the main pool/eating area.

LOL..... maybe.
Though in all fairness, they do offer a shuttle at AKL and it's free
And last time I stayed at CBR there was one and it was free too
So, they haven't charged for these things yet, just don't offer them everywhere.

See I'd chalk that up to those being higher category hotels. AoA is "technically" still a value resort, which means fewer amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter