Is there a way to find out which, if any, conventions are being held at CS

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ncbyrne, Jan 23, 2005.

1. ncbyrne

ncbyrne DIS Veteran

We will be in WDW Oct 15-23. I would really like to try staying at Coronado Springs, but after reading some posts about this resort, I'm afraid conventioneers might be disruptive to our adult, quiet vacation. Is there a way to find out which conventions, if any, will be held during our time frame? Librarian convention? Fine with me! NASCAR convention? May have to think about it. :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. F1Julie

F1Julie Mosquito Magnet

I don't know how you would find out, but I wouldn't worry about conventioners disrupting your vacation. If there's a convention going on while you're at CSR, you'll be in luck. The buses and pools will be empty all day while the conventioners are stuck in meetings. Plus, conventioners are a lot quieter than most families with kids on vacations. I wouldn't let the fact that CSR is a convention resort deter you from it. If anything, it's a big plus.

4. ncbyrne

ncbyrne DIS Veteran

I'm only concerned because of other posts I've read here on the DIS. One said that her DH would be attending a very large convention in June and she added "watch out!" Doesn't sound like a quiet conservative group!

5. Rootskate

Rootskate <font color=red>Oh what I wouldn't give for a Zagn

We (two adults) stayed at CSR for the first time this past November. I honestly had no idea that there was even a covention going on until I noticed a little sign in the lobby saying "Welcome so and so convention". I wouldn't be put off on this resort. It really was beautiful.