Is there a ride you're scared of/refuse to go on?

I don't like ToT, but I have been on it 3 times. I also don't like water rides due to the getting wet part. I'm afraid I'll have to suck it up this time since DS4 will be tall enough and can't wait to ride them all.

Big Thunder Mountain-I just can't work up the bravery to go on it. I was there years ago when the death on it happened. It was fairly new then, and I remember assuring my son about how safe it was, and he rode it and said it felt like you could just fall out because there isn't enough safety restraints, and right after that is when the young man fell out of it. If it had a much better safety restraint bar or seatbelt, I would probably try it.

Not to be judgmental, but there's no legitimate reason to be fearful of safety on BTMRR. This attraction runs every day for 10-16 hours and hundreds of thousands of people ride it every year. The accident that happened a few years back had nothing to do with the safety restraints...the man didn't fall out. The train derailed and even with "better" safety restraints the passengers would have died still. Disney does everything that they can do to ensure the safety of their guests.

LizzyS....if you plan on conquering your fear of BTMRR in February, you may be out of luck. Rumor has it that it will be closing for an extended refurb in January and be closed for most of 2013.

I'm a big E-ticket junkie....bring on the rollercoasters and TOT! The drops in POTC and Splash Mtn. are my favorite parts! The only ride I avoid is the teacups. I did them during a trip back in 1998 and felt a little queasy for about an hour afterward.

Darn! Well, there's always next time!

More time to have anxiety about it, I guess! :(

The only ride I won't go on is ToT.

I also have a huge fear of drops - even with POTC - but over the years I have been able to work through it. I just don't want to even try with ToT though.

this will be my first ever trip to Disney and you wouldn't even catch me on the swinging cages even if someone offered me a million dollars. well maybe a million but certainly nothing less than that. just looking at them terrifies me

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Not to be judgmental, but there's no legitimate reason to be fearful of safety on BTMRR. This attraction runs every day for 10-16 hours and hundreds of thousands of people ride it every year. The accident that happened a few years back had nothing to do with the safety restraints...the man didn't fall out. The train derailed and even with "better" safety restraints the passengers would have died still. Disney does everything that they can do to ensure the safety of their guests.

No worries about being judgmental--I am the first to admit I am neurotic about it!:) And I know it is most likely almost 100% safe. I just like the "feeling" of being more buckled in.

The train derailing was a very shocking accident and it was just by chance that we were there that day and rode it right before it happened. I know it was a terrible accident. From what I read it was partially operator error. It is probably more safer than ever since that ride, but I have a pretty intense memory about the ride.

I use to go to Six Flags (actually it was Marriots Great America then) as a teenager and did ride every ride there, just because my friends did it. I didn't enjoy it, but I did it! Now as I am older I find I can have so much fun at Disneyland despite not riding certain rides. There really is something for everyone there.

One bit of good news on the potential BTMRR refurb is that it's rumored they just might change the restraints to be a little safer.

Personally, I've never ridden Tower of Terror because I don't like drops. (I'm not fond of the Splash Mountain one either, but I still ride.) I'm not sure if it'd make me kind of sick to ride it or not.

And I rode California Screamin' once...people on the DISboards in general often say it's a mild/smooth roller coaster. Yes, but not if you don't like drops and heights! I felt a bit weak afterwards and it took a minute to recover. I hear it is better (or at least easier) at night. My next trip is with someone who is really into thrill rides, so we MIGHT possibly ride together when the sun's gone down. Haven't decided yet. If not, she will avail herself of Single Rider at her leisure.

I've never dared to do the swinging cars of Mickey's Fun Wheel, but I'm OK with the stationary ones, so I don't feel like I "can't do" that ride.

I am afraid of the Silly Symphony Swings (always have been afraid of those swing rides) & the tea cups (rode them once & was nauseaus for hours afterwards). That's it! :)

I get motion sick easily so I take two Bonine before I go. Saying that though, I still won't go on Space mountain any more. I want to see where I'm going to die :lmao: I also don't like the big drop at splash mountain. I've done it three times, I'm over it. I love love love Thunder mountain and will go over and over. I also like Matterhorn. I do wish it wasn't so bumpy. Teacups....forget it, there isn't enough motion sickness pills in the world to get me back on those.

I'm afraid of ToT. I've been on twice, but now I think about it and it makes me anxious and nervous. My mom is going to make me ride it though otherwise she won't ride Cali Screamin' with me

I used to be scared of ToT, but now it's one of my favorite rides. I can handle the drops, its the spinning motion on rides that get me. So I am only good for SM or BTMRR once, and the teacups are totally out of the question. LOL

I'm not scared of any rides but I refuse to go on the canoes and the tea cups. The first because I'm simply too lazy to work that hard and the latter because it makes me too dizzy.

Tower of Terror-love the themeing, but afraid of the drops. I hate the feeling of dropping--whether in mid air or in water (like on Splash).

I feel your pain! :goodvibes Never been on ToT and I don't think I ever will. Used to LOVE drops like that, but just can't do it anymore. I haven't been on Splash for years because of it. I will probably be talked into it when the kids decide to go on for the first time. We'll see if I ever return.

Grizzly River Rapids, because I hate hate HATE getting wet

Never been on GRR either. Getting soaked just doesn't appeal to me. At all. I'm not necessarily opposed to trying it, but it would have to be a pretty darn HOT day to convince me.

Mickeys swinging cages of death...or the Funwheel in general.

Um Yeah. Me, too. In general I do not have a fear of heights, but there's something about ferris wheels (even little ones) that freak me out. Add to that the swinging cages. I'm out. Have no desire to even try this one (unlike the part of me that wishes I could get myself on ToT just to see it once).

I am scared of ToT. But this next trip my 5yo wants to ride it. On average how many times does it drop? And are they huge drops?

I have no problems riding anything else at DL.

The only rides I won't go on is because, of my cat costumes during MHP, BTMRR, Splash, IJA, SM, and Matterhorn bobsleds. If it's not during MHP I would go on all the rides with now problems

Pinnochio - severe fear of being turned into a donkey.

We also don't do Roger Rabbit or Mr Toad; but they don't invoke childhood nightmares for me like Pinnochio does.

Im off to disneyland 11th to 17th of October been twice before and never done ToT so i would say that would be the ride i am scared bout going on so at this stage i am planning on doing ToT this trip

At DCA......Silly Symphony Swings (The only type of ride that I actually get sick on), Goofy's Sky School (transferring from the stationary platform to a moving vehicle is very difficult for me and the bump in the middle of the seat that they added makes it quite uncomfortable for guys).

At DL...Astro Orbiter (Hard for me to climb in and out of) and the Teacups (ever since my sisters wanted to do Dumbo, then the Teacups right after at WDW, I can't handle them).

As for ToT, on ours, the number of drops are set and do not change, I am unsure of the exact number though. Honestly, it is a fun ride to me, but I do like the WDW version a little better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!