Is there a ride you're scared of/refuse to go on?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to California Adventure yet, but will in February. Tower of Terror seems terrifying, so I'll be skipping that one!

I will probably try this next time, but am nervous about it- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I don't know why, but it intimidates me! Does it really jostle you around bad? Funny story, but when we went last year there was this frat boy lookin' dude riding it when we were walking behind it and he looked straight over in our direction and let out the girliest, most hilarious scream ever and we will always remember that and still talk about it! :rotfl2:

I have a rule that if it goes upside down, this gal doesn't get on it! Is the roller coaster in DCA California Screamin' that goes upside down? Won't be going on that one!

I was curious what rides are no-nos for other people and for what reason!

I love DL because most of the rides are fairly tame by today's standards, but enormously fun.

The only rides I refuse to go on are ones with ridiculous lines. I have to admit I didn't like the Nemo ride much, being a little claustrophobic. And the Matterhorn bangs you up too much for my tastes.

BTMRR is terrific! My daughter fell in love with it around age 5. :)

I seem to have developed claustrophobia in my "old" age so I refuse to ride California Screamin or the Sun Wheel. The thought of being trapped with the shoulder harness around my neck or in the cages is just too much to bear! I also avoid Star Tours due to motion sickness. For both of these reasons I avoid Mission Space at WDW like the plague!

ETA: Ditto the subs! I would have a major panic attack in there!

I don't ride Star Tours - Nausea. And I don't ride Indy, I always end up with a headache after that lasts for 2 days.

None for fear. Love ToT. Screamin' is good once, but I usually feel queasy after, so I let the kids ride over and over..

I don't ride California Screaming because I don't go upside down! lol!

I've done Tower of Terror and hated the dropping sensation so thats a no go for me now too. I wish I could because I love the themeing of the ride but that drop just wasn't fun for me. :sad2:

I am such a big chicken. I won't go on many rides. Some of them I do go on, but only because I don't want my youngest to miss out (she loves Splash Mountain and Matterhorn, so when she is with us I always go on them).

So here is my list:
Splash Mountain -will go on if my kids want to, but hate every minute of that drop. I LOVE the themeing of the ride--so darling with the Songs of the South characters. I love everything about the little creatures and scenary. I feel such anxiety on this ride, dreading that darn drop, though. In the pictures I look like I am being tortured to death.

Matterhorn -hate the drops and getting banged around but will go on it if I must.

Big Thunder Mountain-I just can't work up the bravery to go on it. I was there years ago when the death on it happened. It was fairly new then, and I remember assuring my son about how safe it was, and he rode it and said it felt like you could just fall out because there isn't enough safety restraints, and right after that is when the young man fell out of it. If it had a much better safety restraint bar or seatbelt, I would probably try it.

Space Mountain-I wish I could try it. I am afraid of getting motion sickness from it (from not being able to see where I am going), as well as the roller coaster aspect. But it is such an iconic ride, and I know I *should* go on it. Maybe next trip I will.

California Screamin-actually, it doesn't look so scary to me because it has great restraints (you see the theme here)--but I just haven't done it yet. I have one daughter who hates roller coasters, so I always stay with her when the others do this ride.

Tower of Terror-love the themeing, but afraid of the drops. I hate the feeling of dropping--whether in mid air or in water (like on Splash).

Rides that I conquered my fear of and now love:
Soarin' over California-this is now my favorite all time ride. My husband told me that I wouldn't like it because he knows I have a fear of heights, so I avoided it for years. I finally worked up the courage to go on it, and it was the most relaxing, pleasant ride. It is like a spa experience! There is nothing scary about it to me. Granted, it took me a year of riding it to stop using the middle strap designed for little kids on the seatbelt, but now I don't even hold on when I ride it, and the little middle strap is no longer my friend.

Pirates-Don't laugh. I use to be scared beyond all reason over the drops. I know, they are not that big. I hated them! When this ride became my daughter's favorite ride, we rode it like 10 times in one night when there was no line, and I cured myself of my fear of it. By the last few times we were all putting our hands in the air--I wasn't even holding on to the safety bar! This is huge for me.

Silly Symphony Swings- I thought I would be afraid of the height aspect, but this ride is refreshing and fun and not scary at all--much like Soarin'. I only wish it lasted longer. It is great to ride at night when all the lights are on around the park.

This summer I finally worked up the courage to ride Indiana Jones. It wasn't scary at all to me, but I didn't really like it that much. It just isn't my cup of tea.

I use to not go on Star Tours due to motion sickness, but since the re-did the ride, I am pretty much fine on it. I love what they did to the ride, including the line.

I am founding member of the neurotic Disneyland lovers club.:goodvibes

I will try every ride once. I don't get scared on rides, but I do get sick. So after riding once, the ones I know I can't go on again are Space Mountain and Star Tours. Spinny rides like the tea cups and Merry Melody Swings, make me sick, but if my kids need someone to go with them and I'm the only option, I will go. Same with California Screamin' but my oldest refuses to go on anything that goes up and down fast or upside down and my youngest loves roller coasters but it too small for it so I am off the hook for a couple more years.

BTMRR is our favorite by the way. We scream like little girls on it, but only because it's fun to do it.

Not at Disneyland/ CA they are all pretty tame.

I can't go on spinny stuff a lot though, and I can't do star tours more than one time or I get a little woozy.

I will ride then all, and my 4 year old will ride anything she is tall enough for...she is 43in.
There is one ride I refuse to ride...Mickeys swinging cages of death...or the Funwheel in general.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I am such a big chicken. I won't go on many rides. Some of them I do go on, but only because I don't want my youngest to miss out (she loves Splash Mountain and Matterhorn, so when she is with us I always go on them).

So here is my list:
Splash Mountain -will go on if my kids want to, but hate every minute of that drop. I LOVE the themeing of the ride--so darling with the Songs of the South characters. I love everything about the little creatures and scenary. I feel such anxiety on this ride, dreading that darn drop, though. In the pictures I look like I am being tortured to death.

Matterhorn -hate the drops and getting banged around but will go on it if I must.

Big Thunder Mountain-I just can't work up the bravery to go on it. I was there years ago when the death on it happened. It was fairly new then, and I remember assuring my son about how safe it was, and he rode it and said it felt like you could just fall out because there isn't enough safety restraints, and right after that is when the young man fell out of it. If it had a much better safety restraint bar or seatbelt, I would probably try it.

Space Mountain-I wish I could try it. I am afraid of getting motion sickness from it (from not being able to see where I am going), as well as the roller coaster aspect. But it is such an iconic ride, and I know I *should* go on it. Maybe next trip I will.

California Screamin-actually, it doesn't look so scary to me because it has great restraints (you see the theme here)--but I just haven't done it yet. I have one daughter who hates roller coasters, so I always stay with her when the others do this ride.

Tower of Terror-love the themeing, but afraid of the drops. I hate the feeling of dropping--whether in mid air or in water (like on Splash).

Rides that I conquered my fear of and now love:
Soarin' over California-this is now my favorite all time ride. My husband told me that I wouldn't like it because he knows I have a fear of heights, so I avoided it for years. I finally worked up the courage to go on it, and it was the most relaxing, pleasant ride. It is like a spa experience! There is nothing scary about it to me. Granted, it took me a year of riding it to stop using the middle strap designed for little kids on the seatbelt, but now I don't even hold on when I ride it, and the little middle strap is no longer my friend.

Pirates-Don't laugh. I use to be scared beyond all reason over the drops. I know, they are not that big. I hated them! When this ride became my daughter's favorite ride, we rode it like 10 times in one night when there was no line, and I cured myself of my fear of it. By the last few times we were all putting our hands in the air--I wasn't even holding on to the safety bar! This is huge for me.

Silly Symphony Swings- I thought I would be afraid of the height aspect, but this ride is refreshing and fun and not scary at all--much like Soarin'. I only wish it lasted longer. It is great to ride at night when all the lights are on around the park.

This summer I finally worked up the courage to ride Indiana Jones. It wasn't scary at all to me, but I didn't really like it that much. It just isn't my cup of tea.

I use to not go on Star Tours due to motion sickness, but since the re-did the ride, I am pretty much fine on it. I love what they did to the ride, including the line.

I am founding member of the neurotic Disneyland lovers club.:goodvibes

Your description of BTMRR is NOT helping me! :rotfl:

We rode Space Mountain first thing in the morning because I knew the line got pretty bad later in the day and I got a little dizzy because we hadn't eaten much and it was super early after not sleeping well at the hotel, but we WILL ride it again because I think it's the greatest roller coaster EVER. What an idea! When I was getting a little woozy, I just closed my eyes for a second, lol.

There are only two attractions I refuse to go on. Grizzly River Rapids, because I hate hate HATE getting wet (water + freshly straightened hair = no bueno). Innoventions because we have all the video game systems they feature, so it's kind of a huge waste of time.

I love Splash Mountain, and I usually go on it once or twice per trip, but if I don't get to sit in the last or second-to-last seat, I am not going. If they somehow made it so that you didn't get wet on Splash, I'd never get out of line. But water rides suck.

I'm a roller coaster girl and I don't get motion sickness, so I have no problems going on California Screamin 5 times in a row and then running over to ToT for a few rides. But if there's a chance of getting wet? NOPE NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

There are only two attractions I refuse to go on. Grizzly River Rapids, because I hate hate HATE getting wet (water + freshly straightened hair = no bueno). Innoventions because we have all the video game systems they feature, so it's kind of a huge waste of time.

I love Splash Mountain, and I usually go on it once or twice per trip, but if I don't get to sit in the last or second-to-last seat, I am not going. If they somehow made it so that you didn't get wet on Splash, I'd never get out of line. But water rides suck.

I'm a roller coaster girl and I don't get motion sickness, so I have no problems going on California Screamin 5 times in a row and then running over to ToT for a few rides. But if there's a chance of getting wet? NOPE NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

I hate that also, but I LOVE water rides.

My strategy next time will be to only do them 1 day or at the end of the day so that my hair and makeup doesn't suffer!

I used to be terrified of going upside down, but after a 6 flags trip and my parents dragging me on 1 I love them now! I only have 2 rides at DLR I will not ride. The moving buckets on the ferris wheel because it scares me like no other (I feel like were going to fly off and I know I can't but still won't do it). I also won't do Goofy's Sky School because of Mulholland Madness hurt and made me nauseous. But other than those 2 I will ride anything! My friend was terrified of ToT and I dragged her on it and now she loves it.

LizzyS....if you plan on conquering your fear of BTMRR in February, you may be out of luck. Rumor has it that it will be closing for an extended refurb in January and be closed for most of 2013.

I'm a big E-ticket junkie....bring on the rollercoasters and TOT! The drops in POTC and Splash Mtn. are my favorite parts! The only ride I avoid is the teacups. I did them during a trip back in 1998 and felt a little queasy for about an hour afterward.

There is no ride at DL or DCA I won't go on. I understand the fear of drops on TOT but it is so much fun!

I hate that also, but I LOVE water rides.

My strategy next time will be to only do them 1 day or at the end of the day so that my hair and makeup doesn't suffer!

Yeah, I usually change into workout gear and Havaiana flip flops and put my hair up. No white shirt, no jean shorts. Or, if I'm having a really good hair day and the rest of the group insists on going on a water ride, I peace out and go shopping.

I can physically go on any ride, but I don't WANT to do the water rides for the reasons other people have said. When I go to DL it's for quick trips so I don't have time to do the prep work it takes to ride them. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!