Is there a place to watch the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we all buck nuts here? Oy....vay....

GO BLUE!

(i hope you guys are better than most of the Ohio fans I've had the "pleasure" of meeting down at the Shoe. I was in the Michigan Marching band and made 2 very upsetting trips there....upsetting in that I've never seen so many middle fingers, and never had the pleasure of getting hit in the head with rocks and beer as much as then.....*sigh* it was the total opposite of disney!)

Nah, not me. That kind of behavior is pathetic. Kind of like Cleveland's dog pound. I just don't get it. So sorry you had a bad experience. We aren't all like that. Worst thing I ever did was sing alternative lyrics to the UofM fightsong!:cheer2:With bleeps of course!

"in the library...ALL OVER"....yes, alternative lyrics abound.

I was there in 02 and 04...it was scary to say the least. 02 they rushed the field. We saw a few people heading out on strechers all bloody. They were trying to topple the goal post...but instead of piling everyone on ONE side, they were jumping on both sides (physics instruct that this is the WRONG way to bring down goal posts). I had the pleasure of watching a ton of buckeye fans get tear gassed :p.

That was also the year they rioted. I never understood that. Rioting when you win...rioting when you loose....I just don't get it.

I surely hope I can find the game on a TV in the airport...otherwise i won't know what to do with myself!

I remember that year. That was so stupid. Nothing like that happened when I was there. But then Earl Bruce was the coach when I was there. We didn't have that much to cheer about!! We called his postgame show "The Earl Excuse Show."

My Dad graduated from UofM with a Masters but all his kids went to OSU. As I recall, we didn't have much of a choice....he chose for us.

I felt like a total idiot sitting at a restaurant watching the game on a beach in Hawaii instead of enjoying Hawaii. And I wasn't the only one - and not the only Buckeye! (it's a seed by the way - not a nut!) It was really weird; the game was on at 10am local time and it was dark at the game.

bucknut is just a nickname for tOSU fans. I won't feel bad trying to watch the game as we are going home that day (sadly it will be the END of our cruise *sigh*) I just hope there is some kinda bar or something where I can watch it whilest we await our flight home (which is not till like 7pm...I have NO idea what we are going to do for that long.)

I was just kidding. My DS teases me constantly about having a mascot that is a nut. (Not sure what happened to him - he roots for UofM just to get my dander up!) At least the other DS is loyal!

When we got on our plane later in the day last year, the flight attendant came on the loud speaker and said, "For any of you living under a rock today, OSU beat Michigan." The whole plane went nuts! I mean seeds! You know what I mean.

It is a big enough game that I am sure it will be on somewhere! If not, put on your Ipod and tape it at home; speak to no one, read nothing.;)

lol, i'm not THAT crazy. I'll listen and talk and read things. Here's hoping for a sports bar in orlando :p If not I'm sure they'll announce it on the plan when we land at least :p

By the way, what instrument did you play? We have a good friend that comes back every year to play and march in the alumni band for TBDBITL.

I played Horn (marching french horn, more commonly known as a mellophone). It was a wonderful experience. The tOSU trips were actually fun despite the way we were treated on occasion.

Is there a time for the tOSU/UM game yet?

I was there in the mid-90s, and nothing like that happened when I was there, either.

That said, it was also a decade full of *not* beating Michigan, so... :lmao:

Cool! My DH and I marched in HS. Our band did not march woodwinds so I had to pick up a horn. I started on Eflat horn and went to trombone the next year. Quite a stretch from Oboe to Trombone! Ironically, our HS had the same alma mater and fightsong as OSU!:cool1:

I think it depends on the networks. ESPN still has it as TBA. It is on my first born sons birthday....again. Brought him home from the hospital in a OSU sweatsuit. Ok, I guess I am a nut.

I hope you have a great trip and find the game on tv!

I was there in the mid-90s, and nothing like that happened when I was there, either.

That said, it was also a decade full of *not* beating Michigan, so... :lmao:

Yea, we all want Michigan to do well UNTIL the OSU game. We have been a whole lot more successfull beating Michigan since Lloyd Carr took over.;)

I hope you have a great trip and find the game on tv!

Yeah, if it's even ON tv (aka ABC not BTN). Ever since they started BTN we've lost UM games on tv....i didn't even get to see appalachian state, aand now not northwestern either. Who knows what other games i'll miss b/c of it *sigh*

:eek: You get BTN!!! We were so excited because we just got ESPNU (we are lacrosse fans!) only to find out that alot of stuff moved to that network...which we don't get!

no no no no....we DONT get BTN :( but 2 of 5 games so far are on that channel. Our cable provider doesn't carry it. Sadly the only way is to find a friend with satellite tv....*sigh*

Sorry guys - since the original question has been answered and this seems to have turned into a personal discussion between Michigan and Ohio State fans and not cruise related I'm going to close it. Feel free to continue your discussions in pm or move them to the CB. Thanks for understanding.

Good luck to both teams (we've got cruise friends who pull for each team). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter