Is there a map of attractions and restaurants on International Drive

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by pigby, Sep 1, 2012.

1. pigby

pigby <font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more

For the first time ever, we are considering staying offsite.

I used to have a map saved to my favorites of restaurants etc on I-Drive and now I cant find it and driving nyself nuts trying to find it on the Internet - it was mkore than you could see on the I-Ride trolley map - you could see where everyting was in relation to each other.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

This one is pretty good...
    http://www.iloveorlando.com/images/ILOSPR12InternationalDriveMaphighres_000.jpg

**** Taylor

4. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

Just my opinion, but I hate the traffic on International Drive. I have stayed there a couple of times when not visiting the parks, but there are much better options for stays that involve the Disney parks.

Sheila

5. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

I agree with you on the north end of International Drive,north of Sand lake rd,everything is more packed in,it has a lot of those tacky souvenir shops,the street is narrow and the traffic can be horrible at times.I however have always liked the south section from Sand lake rd south towards the Convention Center and Sea World,hotels are nicer,street is wider with more green space and it's somewhat walkable.I've probably stayed in 2/3 of the hotels in this area and for the most part there's some good hotels there for good to decent prices.Also getting to Disney is no more than 15-20 minutes.

6. pigby

pigby <font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more

Thank you - the hotel we were thinking of staying at is Doubletree by Hilton near Seaworld on the south side of International Drive- any experiences?
    We are not hiring a car (personal preference) and only going to Disney twice - once for the Halloween party and once for a water park (already have free tickets - injured myself on a ride at BB a couple of years ago and they gave us free tickets to go and do it again...lol)

We want to try some of the other lesser known attractions like Titanic Exhibition and travel on the trolley bus for the first time - we have been to Orlando many times. Also going to Seaworld and Universal - trying to persuade DD to go to HHN - she's 18 but doesnt like scary things.

Also the map was just what I was looking for but I cannot read the names of the restaurants very well. I have tried to copy and 'blow up' but still not good. Any ideas?

7. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

If you know the name of the restaurant you want and the zip of your hotel just enter, say, 'Mcdonald's' and the zip into google maps.

8. carlamouse

carlamouse Disney Trekker

Is this the map you were looking for?

http://www.orlando-maps.info/top_down_maps/default.htm

9. ExpatDisneyLover

ExpatDisneyLover DIS Veteran

I have stayed at a hotel very near the Double Tree/Seaworld and I must say I LOVE the location!!!:lovestruc Very convenient to I ride trolley - Lynx bus #111 and also to #8 and #50 on the other side (that would be enough for Disney, airport, outlets, publix, and I drive). Also the Double Tree is a short walk to Seaworld - may be 5 -10 minutes. The area is VERY quiet and not much traffic, very green.