Is there a "good" time to go in March?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by kkayluvsdis, Jan 8, 2010.

1. kkayluvsdis

kkayluvsdis DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone,
    We are trying to plan a trip to get out of the daily lake effect snow here in upstate NY! :eek:We originally were thinking of going the first week in February, but that just seems so last minute for a planner such as myself :goodvibes and were thinking of maybe pushing back a trip until March. I know the spring breaks are variable during that time. Can anyone give me any input or their experiences?
    Thanks!!!
    -Kelly :wizard:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iheartdolewhips

iheartdolewhips DIS Veteran

I've never been myself, but when I was looking up info for our March trip this year everything I read said the earlier in March, the better.

4. Nik's Mom

Nik's Mom Karl Pilkington is a genius

We went March 13-20 last year. The first few days of the trip were fine, but by the end of the week, it was very busy. We still had a great time though. We just made sure that we were at the parks at rope drop, and utilized fast pass.

5. dmartin69

dmartin69 Mouseketeer

Weather will be nice in March... But the closer to the end of the month you get you will end up getting Spring Break Crowds...

6. swald91

swald91 DIS Veteran

Schools in Florida are out sometime in March and I know college spring break here-so I would agree with the PP the earlier in March the better!

7. PolyndianPrincessJes

PolyndianPrincessJes <font color=blue>Alias: TotalSnowWhite<br><font co

We went March 17-24 last year, and it was a great trip!! Not very long ride waits (we never waited more than 20 minutes except for Maelstrom...go figure). Crowds weren't horrible. Restaurants were fine.

8. MainStMandy

MainStMandy DIS Veteran

We picked March for our wedding because we are hoping the crowds are a bit low. We are headed down the first week!

Hello fellow NY UPSTATER!!!

9. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

We went to Disney the same time of year last year and we thought it was fine. We utilized FPs a lot and only waited for attractions that had times no more than a 30 minute wait except for one, TSM. We also got all of our ADRs at the times that we wanted. We are going back from 3/23-3/29 right in the heart of Spring break with little to no worries.

10. hookedonears

hookedonears Louisianan

Most schools wont be getting out for spring break until the latter part of March, so as early in March as possible will be your best bet.

11. Ella's Mom

Ella's Mom Mouseketeer

We went the first week in March 2008, and it wasn't too bad. The crowds were pretty low at the beginning of our trip and definitely started picking up by our second weekend. The earlier the better.

12. DISHoppy

DISHoppy DIS Veteran

We went the third week of March last year for our first spring break trip, and it was better than I expected. It was busy in the parks, but not ellbow-to-elbow busy. We're headed down this year the first week of March. Keep in mind that spring breaks are rolling through March and early April, with schools in the south having breaks earlier and schools on the north later.

-Kevin

13. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

Glad to see this post. For some reason once I thought "spring break" all of March came to mind, I didn't consider the first and second week of March. I had been planning on going in Jan 2011, but after reading about how cold its been I was starting to think "Ugh I don't really want to deal with that" especially because I'm trying to work a day at Discovery Cove into the plan. The person joining me will be a first timer, so low crowds are a big thing so we can really get through a lot of stuff which is why I thought Jan. She screwed up my original plan of Oct when she just HAD to go and decide to get married then :laughing: Anyway it's good to know there's another choice of low crowd time not ridiculously long after Jan.

Happy Lake Effect everyone! I'm in WNY!!

14. Belle1962

Belle1962 DIS Veteran

15. MainStMandy

MainStMandy DIS Veteran

Lol Happy Lake Effect!!

16. mommystieg

mommystieg <font color=green>Now understands that the old stu

DD#1 and I will be there with her cheer team March 12-16 for the UCA Cheer Nationals -- not sure how that will affect your decision. :cheer2:

17. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

OH NO I couldn't possibly be there if you're going to be there mommystieg!!! :lmao: Just kidding!!!

18. mommystieg

mommystieg <font color=green>Now understands that the old stu

To be honest..I am a little afraid to be there:scared1:

19. MainStMandy

MainStMandy DIS Veteran

I worked at DHS during a cheer competition...they can be scary!! Hope you have a great time but I'm glad we are leaving on the 8th ;)

20. fireman1

fireman1 Mouseketeer

We have went the 1st week of march for the last two years. Previous trips were in dec, june, and aug.
    March, for us anyway, is by far the best time to go. Crowds were not bad at all. In fact, we rode several different rides several times over with no, or hardly, any wait.
    BTW, we've planned another trip for, you guessed it, this coming march.;)

21. IloveDisney77

IloveDisney77 Mouseketeer

We have been going to Disney every year the first full week of March. We love going at that time! The crowds are very manageable and the weather is warm. Also, since it isn't overly busy, getting ADR's at the 90 or 180 day mark has never been difficult. We've never had any issues getting the locations/times we wanted.

Starting this year, since we bought into DVC and points are lower in January, we are going to try out the last week of January this year. Hopefully it warms up within the next two weeks.