Is there a charge for hot water?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by archdandy, Jul 2, 2012.

1. archdandy

archdandy DIS Veteran

I'll be going to WDW in October and I absolutely hate their tea so I usually bring my own and make myself a tea in the mornings in my refillable mug. But when I'm in the parks I have no choice but to use the tea offered at counter service locations :sick: I was wondering if there is a charge just for a cup and some hot water? I was hoping to be able to bring my own tea bags in to the parks and just get hot water.

2. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

there's no charge

3. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

nope no charge! I asked for one at various places in MK and DHS...brought my own Starbucks Via to avoid the awful coffee in those parks :goodvibes

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. archdandy

archdandy DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the replies guys. Did you bring your own cup or did they just give you one? It wouldn't be a problem for me to bring my own but it would be the resort refillable mug and I wasn't sure if they would do that.

6. MommytoaSweetie

MommytoaSweetie DIS Veteran

Ooh good question :) I was just thinking about that and the "search" actually really helped!

7. 3pletprincesses

3pletprincesses DIS Veteran

Some places will not take your cup and simply give you a paper cup as they can't take your cup for some reason. I've been charge $0.10 for hot water to cover the price of the cup. It happenned a few times over the the years.

8. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

I think it's related to sanitary reasons and codes. Same reason you aren't allowed to bring another restaurant's food into a different restaurant, or why restaurants won't microwave something that's not cooked by them.

As for the cost, I frequently ask for cold water and they give me a big cup of it at no charge. I haven't experienced a charge yet, but 10 cents is minimal anyway.

9. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

This is good to know. I'm glad you asked this op. I've always brought my own but never thought to ask for just the hot water.