Is there a *Best* AAA website for PHP/Diamond Parking?

ccalip

Earning My Ears
Over the weekend, I remember reading a thread that recommended a specific AAA website that had better than 'typical' AAA rates for Park Hopper tickets (and they would sell to residents of other states). I can't find that thread anymore! Anyone know of AAA websites that will sell passes out of state? I am a AAA member already, but I can't seem to find a link to buy.

I know the Hotwire Savings Club is cheaper, so I think I'm going to go that route for four of our passes, but I was thinking if I could order just 1 of the passes from AAA instead, I'd be able to get the Diamond Parking, right? Perhaps it may be worth it? Any thoughts??

Please help... losing sleep over planning this trip! :(

I am a AAA member and I was also thinking of purchasing park tickets from them. What is the diamond parking? Can you take advantage of it if you are staying off site as we will be the end of Nov.? Thanks, Karen

This might be helpful to answer some of your questions.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwguide/3_Tripplan/budgeting/aaa_perks.htm

It has information about the AAA tickets, which ones come with the Diamond Parking voucher etc.

Might also want to check out AAA's site for more info on whether you can buy tickets outside of Florida or not.

Diamond AAA parking in the MK, just to mention it, is quite a hike (no tram stops there because it's behind handicapped parking and wheelchairs and scooters can't be taken on the tram). So you pretty much have to walk to the ticket center. The good is that you don't have a problem with a stroller if you have one and you can avoid the tram wait, but the bad news is, after a long day of walking, it's more walking.

Hope this helps...

Thanks very much BethR... you're awesome! I'll take a closer look at that thread. :tongue:

Thanks everyone, will have my DD,js, check those threads out later on today. We're trying to figure out the best prices we can get for tickets. There will be 5 adults, 2 children and 1 baby:sunny:

We ordered our tickets through www.ticketmania.com. We didnt use the AAA discount because we wanted 7 day park hopper and AAA didnt offer that one. Ticketmania was excellent to deal with. It may be worth checking out to see if you can get a better price.

We had no good luck with the Diamond Parking during our trip from 4/17-4/24. The MK lot was closed every day we tried to use it. The MGM spaces allocated were about 5 rows closer to the front of the park but still in the farthest section and about 2 rows in front of the tramstop so you had to walk back up to the tram and ride it in anyway. I thought I would be smart one day at AK and ask if the parking was actually any closer and the attendant said that no, it was further away from the regular. So we parked in the regular only to find out that the diamond was right next to the handicapped and would have been a quick walk to the gate. On about the fifth day, I gave up and threw away the ticket for the parking.

That's too bad that the parking isn't as good as it sounds. Perhaps I'll just try the Hotwire Savings Club... seems to be the best place to buy the PHP's.

Thanks for all your input! :wave2:

Dumb question... how do you guys get that cool countdown clock on your posts? Are there instructions somewhere?

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Originally posted by ccalip
Dumb question... how do you guys get that cool countdown clock on your posts? Are there instructions somewhere?

No dumb questions! :) You too can get one of those cool countdown clocks. The directions to get one are on our Tech Board. You can get there from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page. :)

Good Luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter