Is the water at WDW that terrible?

light packets it would be tolerable, but you'd still have that slight smell.

It's basically like well water.

I was glad the snack credits included bottled water.

Trish

I drink water all day (filtered through a PUR faucet mount filter) at home, but I can't stand the water in the parks or hotels. Like others, I too use bottled water to brush my teeth and make ice at the hotel (OKW). At the parks we carry a Camelbak (specially made backpacks with a water bladder and external drinking valve) that we half fill with bottled water the night before and freeze. The next morning we fill the bladder the rest of the way with refridgerated bottled water and away we go! As an added bonus, the person wearing the Camelbak stays cooler until the ice is melted. The water usually last the two of us all day, saving us the expense of buying drinks in the park.

GraysMom

I was actually wondering the same thing. When I went in 2003 it seemed as if the water was very warm and sandy. It didnt taste very good. I spoke with someone I know that went in March and she said that they installed a whole new filtration system or something so the water seems alot cleaner. :teeth:

The parks have not sold Zephrhills for years. (Which I liked better.) They now sell Dansani (Coke product). I am not a fan of it since it does get a lot of bad press. Dansani is just filtered tap water.
But I prefer that over the straight from tap water.
Now that I live here, I don't have a problem. But when a WDW visitor, if I drank a lot of tap water, it would take around 5 days, but it would start hitting my system.
The water from where we came was not anything to brag about either though.

We took some powdered tea with us and put some in our rucksacks then just used a little each time to make the taste more bearable.
angie

Went I was there last May, I had my brita water bottle and was prepared for the water to be awful. I was actually suprised that I didn't think it was as bad (even without the brita bottle) as I was prepared for it to be. Maybe it is worse sometimes than other times, and I happened to hit it on a good day :confused3

For me not only is is bad tasting (even mixed with soda syrup) and but it causes me terrible tummy troubles. Once I switched to bottled drinks I was fine.

I normally drink tap water at home, but I thought the water at Disney was pretty awful. We ended up buying water most days.

Luv2Roam said:
The parks have not sold Zephrhills for years. (Which I liked better.) They now sell Dansani (Coke product). I am not a fan of it since it does get a lot of bad press. Dansani is just filtered tap water.
But I prefer that over the straight from tap water.
Now that I live here, I don't have a problem. But when a WDW visitor, if I drank a lot of tap water, it would take around 5 days, but it would start hitting my system.
The water from where we came was not anything to brag about either though.

I like Dansani water so thats good that they sell it.. But I bet it is very expenive..

I had no recollection of the water being bad prior to my trip last December. I thought everyone on the DIS was just whining & overreacting ;) , but when we went in December, the water was just nasty! Luckily we had bottled water with us.

maggiew said:
My family thinks its fine. :confused3 I just wish it was colder coming out of the fountains.

Maggie

Because I am a Florida Transplant orig. from Montgomery, IL (1/2 hr. 45 min from Chicago) I can relate. Water up north is much colder because the pipes are laid much deeper in the ground to protect from freezing in the winter and such. Because of that, in the summer the pipes are not too affected by the sun. Here in sunny Florida the water is warm because the pipes are closer to the ground surface and the sun makes it nice and toasty - mmmm yum :drinking1

I never, ever noticed the water having a weird taste until I started reading these boards.

I don't have any problems with the water in the hotels or restaurants, but I did try to drink from a fountain at MK last year and thought I was going to gag. It was like drinking from a 200 year old rusty bucket of stagnant water.

I was the a few weeks ago, the dasani water that they sell is $2. We used our dining plan for it which was nice to not have to carry a bottle around all day. The fountan water is the worst imo. Some of the sit down resturants have Evian water you can get.

We have noticed that it is worse at MK than Epcot or MGM... :confused3 Not sure why, but even washing our hands in the bathroom it smelled more at MK than the other parks. We still use it to brush our teeth, but that's about it..bottled for everything else icluding coffee. My family lives in SW Fl and they use bottled for all drinking/cooking/coffee/ice cubes.

Pam

It's hideous. The bottled water sold in the park is Dasani.

Anne

The water that Florida uses comes from the Florida Aquafer. There are tons of natural springs in Florida (that are icy cold BTW!). Spring water is fine in Florida, but the water some municipalities uses is nasty. I can only tolerate my own water if it's icy cold. It's not that the water is dirty, but rather it's got too much of a "earthy/sulfur" tone to it. Downright gross warm!

BTW, most water fountains are cooled, but perhaps Disney doesn't cool theirs so that you BUY their expensive Dasani tap water. I love Zypherhills water BTW. It's natural spring water.

I don't like the water. We stop and buy case for the room.

xpor2geechica69x said:
I like Dansani water so thats good that they sell it.. But I bet it is very expenive..
A 24 oz. bottle is $2.00. That's pretty much what you would expect to pay at any theme park here in the Northeast (sometimes even more!). You certainly can get it cheaper by purchasing a case at a grocery store or having one shipped to you at your resort.

The water in Disney upsets my stomach. Even adding flavoring like Crystal Light doesn't help. There's soemthing in the water than doesn't agree with me. So I carry a Brita Fill & Go bottle. I get ice water at any refreshment stand and refill my bottle when I need it. I drink a lot of water every day and really need it in Disney. Buying a filtered bottle was one of my best investments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter