Is the heat really too miserable from July-Sept for a trip to WDW?

I love cold. Snow, ice, skiing, snowshoeing, etc.

Nothing I love better than a 20" snowfall

That being said, we went in August in 2011 and will be there again this August

It is survivable. Go early, drink free ice water, pack your patience

Don't necessarily believe the hype. I live in the NYC metro area, where it gets pretty hot and humid at points during the summer. We went to WDW near the end of August last year, and I found it to be pretty hot but not as oppressive (or humid) as it gets in NYC during much of the summer.

Thanks :) I live in NJ, and it's hot here too, including right now.

Thanks :) I live in NJ, and it's hot here too, including right now.

I have been calling this July heat here in New England my practice for August

Currently 91/75. So comparable to MCO in August. Just less fun

I will never go to WDW in the summer months ever again after doing it a couple of times. We are able to go in November, but it is harder for others to go anytime but the summer. I went the last week of September last year and it was one of the best trips I've had and it was HOT! So hot, but it didn't make it miserable like July/August.. I because the crowds weren't bad like the summer crowds, so it makes the heat much more bearable. So much is in the air conditioning, so that helps too.

We will stick to our November trips from now on. You just can't beat the weather at that time.

It's hotter in NH than WDW right now.. And they have pools and water parks! I only have an AC in my bedroom! ;)

We're leaving one month from today. I've never been in August....I've been in March, June and late July. I can handle heat and humidity because I live in HOuston, TX and it's just part of life here. We're doing parks early in the day, after dinner and pool time in between. :goodvibes

I will never go to WDW in the summer months ever again after doing it a couple of times. We are able to go in November, but it is harder for others to go anytime but the summer. I went the last week of September last year and it was one of the best trips I've had and it was HOT! So hot, but it didn't make it miserable like July/August.. I because the crowds weren't bad like the summer crowds, so it makes the heat much more bearable. So much is in the air conditioning, so that helps too.

We will stick to our November trips from now on. You just can't beat the weather at that time.

We decided on September 2014 so I love reading it was the best of your trips in September!

Definitely less fun, but I've also been hiding out in my AC all day! I need to go walk around for a couple of hours in the sun, ducking in and out of AC to try to simulate Disney LOL

What an exaggeration and distortion of the truth.

But far worse than that is to compare it to the Bataan death march. Really? Compared to a trip to WDW? How insulting to those who served our nation and were tortured and/or died or scarred for life.

Thank you for posting this!

I'm with ya, Eastern PA here, 92 temp today with 72 dew point & real feel temp of 101. Just getting worse over the next 5 days. My practice for August as well!

We've been there during summer and winter. It can be brutally hot.. I mean the beaming of the sun on your skin is scorching hot. It's bearable if you keep squirting yourself with water fan bottle and ride the indoor rides/attractions or go on the water rides. If I have a choice, I think I'd rather go during winter. The family is less grumpy when the weather is cooler. :)

It's hot.

It's just hot.

If somebody has health issues with the heat or something like that, then it's probably an issue.

If you just can't stand being hot, that's an issue too.

Other than that, it's just hot, you can either deal with it and have fun or you can't.

We have frequently gone in summer and we deal with it just fine, but, it's hot.

I have gone in October the last couple of visits. We were there last year in late October about the time of super storm Sandy and had to stay an extra day. It was so cold- it was warmer back in MA. People were walking around in shorts covered by there winter jackets. I wanted to be warm and I was miserable.

This year, I am opting for late September/early October because I know I want enjoy myself if it is too cold again.

Best,

Autumn

I can't stand hot and humid weather, but our last 2 trips to WDW have been in July and we're going back again next week. There are plenty of places in the parks to get out of the sun, just wear a hat and make sure you stay hydrated. Personally I've taken to wearing Under Armour Heat Tech shirts under my regular clothing, they really help.

Ditto to this. I don't do heat. My central AC gets turned on as soon as it hits 75* outside.

Hit rope drop and evenings. Take a nap during the hottest hours (12-2) and swim after that. Stay hydrated and plan on more shopping and shows than usual.

2 years ago in late October it set records highs with every day in the 90's. Go much past October and you run the risk of a freak cold streak. Take your pick. I like it hot and wet... but that is just me.

When it was just DH and I - we could tolerate the heat.

But it was in the 90's and so humid every day of our last trip (early Oct) and we were traveling with our then 19 month old. The heat really made my patience wear thin.

There's nothing like standing outside in the sun feeling sweaty and disgusting and try to fold up a *&*(&(@%^#!! stroller that won't fold up - DH just snapped at each other a lot more. DD dine fine :rotfl2:

My first time was towards the end of Aug 2011. It was hotttt, but we survived. We are going again in Aug 2014, my husband thinks im nuts but thats when our daughters will be available to go. Mister fan and frog togs do help.

If your choice were July - sept or nothing, I'd say do it. I went all the time during those months as a kid cause my mom was a teacher. We were fine.

Now that I'm an adult with no kids who is free from a school calendar though, I'll never do July - Sept again. IMO, there is no reason to unless you have to. (Or live in fla)

It seems you have the choice, I'd take it. Put the trip off a month and enjoy the better weather.

So many lines are inside, So there are lots of opportunities to get away from the heat! Put your smiling face on, be prepared and enjoy the "warm" weather. September is our month of choice! :cool1:

2 years ago in late October it set records highs with every day in the 90's. Go much past October and you run the risk of a freak cold streak. Take your pick. I like it hot and wet... but that is just me.

Yep, I was there! Oy. I was hoping the fall-ish scene with the pumpkins and scare crows, etc. would trick my brain into not feeling the heat. But it didn't work. In August, my body is acclimated to the heat and humidity.

Come late October, my pasty MN skin is ready for turtlenecks and jeans and FALL temps - 50's or so. The 90's were BS, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter