Is the fountain gone?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by PrincessRianne, Apr 17, 2005.

1. PrincessRianne

PrincessRianne Mouseketeer

I was just looking at the pictures from allearsnet from the new remodeling of the land. I couldnt tell, but is that fountain they had in the middle gone? I used to love that fountain as a kid!
    I have to say I really dont like the new look to it. I used to love the different kinds of food stations and the basic decorations. Thats too bad. :guilty:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sorcerer Figment

Sorcerer Figment <font color=blue> "I don't believe in fairies."<br

Sadly, it is gone. Pieces of it were even sold on eBay by MouseSurplus. I too really loved the fountain and the whole atmosphere of The Land. But at least with the addition of Soarin' and the new look, pehaps more people will take the time to discover this great pavillion. And if there's one thing better than having something good, it's being able to share it. :sunny: The D-Troops have some more great pictures. :magnify:

4. Dreamflight

Dreamflight Mouseketeer

I too loved and miss the fountain very much. Eating lunch at the Land was tradition for Epcot days and I'd always sit in the area between the Land ride and the fountain :)

All i can say is this. I'm thankful to the Dis boards because last year before my Dec trip, I was on these boards and heard the rumors about the Land pavilion being changed. The news allowed me to prepare to say goodbye to the fountain and the whole "old setup". And i did say goodbye to it in December. Its very frustrating that its gone but I'm glad I got the chance to say a proper goodbye to the fountain (and food court) and i have plenty of pictures of it so i will NEVER forget it :)

5. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

We were in the Land Pavilion this weekend to ride Soarin'. The new set up looks like there is less seating, hopefully that is just my imagination. Would you believe I didn't notice the fountain was missing until DH showed me, duh. I also read somewhere that the menu was changing to more "upscale" items. I'll really miss the chicken parmesan and the fajita potatoes!

6. Disney Gator

Disney Gator Mouseketeer

I was in the Land Pavilion this weekend for the Soarin preview as well. I have to say I thought it looked like there was more seating. The space being used might be a little less, but the layout of the tables and chairs made it look like there are many more places to sit than before. I'm looking forward to the Land being open again and trying out the new food court.

7. Dreamflight

Dreamflight Mouseketeer

lovethattink: "I'll really miss the chicken parmesan and the fajita potatoes!"

Me too :(

On top of losing the Land and the fountain (of which i already expressed my sadness), I also really liked the chicken parm, pasta, and garlic breadsticks in the food court. (also special mention to the cake/ice cream part) :)

Disney seems to be sending me on a 10 year wild goose chase in terms of counter service italian food at Epcot. Anyone remember Pasta Piazza? It was on one of the Communicore/Innoventions sides and served counter service italian food: Pizza, pasta, AWESOME breadsticks, and chicken parm. Then that disappeared from Epcot (much to my chagrin) but a few years later I was very happy to see the italian food from the Land food court. So that then became my favorite counter service in Epcot.

So its not to say that I dont want to try the new food court in the Land...but from the menus ive seen, i see no italian food. What's gonna fill the italian food void!? :confused3 Which place will be next to step up and claim the title!?

8. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

I remember Pasta Piazza. Was Dh and DS's favorite counter service for the same reasons you stated above.

Hopefully there will be enough on the menu that my picky eaters will find something they like. The maple salmon picture on the display at the Land looked good. But it's not chicken parmesan! Why is change so hard to accept?? I know, I know, change is good.

9. tinksgirl

tinksgirl Mouseketeer

lovethattink- Pasta Piazza was also my Dh and DS favorite epcot quick meal!
    everytime we walk by its old location i swear i hear the 2 of them sigh

10. Sorcerer Figment

Sorcerer Figment <font color=blue> "I don't believe in fairies."<br

And don't forget that the bakery had the best chocolate chip muffin in the world! ::yes:: That too seems in doubt of returning. :sad1: It was even better than the ones from the Main Street Bakery... :cloud9:

11. Dreamflight

Dreamflight Mouseketeer

:goodvibes Glad to hear there are more Pasta Piazza fans :)

Tinksgirl: "everytime we walk by its old location i swear i hear the 2 of them sigh"

I still do sigh as well. And every trip i still entertain some hope it will be back.

Anyone remember the pasta making machine they had on display in the back? And they often had fresh pasta being made!! I swear that was the best looking pasta I've seen in my life :) Even after a full meal, i'd still be hungry if i took a look at that machine!

So yeah...I miss Pasta Piazza...i miss the whole Land Pavilion (especially fountain)...

The new food court does look good (and i LOVE the fact that everyone pays in one place as opposed to the individual stations, gotta give them credit for improving that!) but ill miss the italian food. Here's hoping everyone will find a new favorite lunch there or somewhere else in Epcot :)