Is the Disneyland Express still operating?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Mickey&JoshNut, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Mickey&JoshNut

Mickey&JoshNut <font color=purple>It's not nice to distract the c

We are flying to Disneyland next week and I went online to book our tickets for the Disneyland Express from LAX to Paradise Pier and when I accessed the site I saw this note:

** NOTICE ***
    IN MAY 2012 THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF DELAWARE APPROVED THE SALE OF THE ASSETS OF THE COMPANY.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE COURT ORDER APPROVING THE SALE TRANSACTION.
    AS PART OF THIS SALE, CERTAIN CUSTOMER RECORDS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE BUYER. THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF DELAWARE HAS APPROVED CERTAIN STEPS TO PROTECT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DURING THE TRANSITION OF THE BUSINESS TO THE PURCHASER, INCLUDING LIMITATIONS ON THE USE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE HANDLING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, INCLUDING YOUR ABILITY TO OPT-OUT OF THE TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND ANY MARKETING OR ADVERTISING ACTIVITIES OF THE BUYER WILL BE FORTHCOMING.

Is the Disneyland Express still operating? Should I be concerned? Should I be looking into another company? Super Shuttle? PrimeTime Shuttle?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. abdgeek

abdgeek DIS Veteran

That's very interesting. I would probably book with Super Shuttle. You can always call Grayline and see what they say. Good luck!

4. Mickey&JoshNut

I did end up calling Grayline but the guy I spoke to was very non-shalant (sp?) when I inquired about the warning on the site. He claimed that the company they used to be under declared bankruptcy but they were bought out and they have been trying to get the warning off their site for a while...seemed kinds fishy...but he told me by the end of this week everything should all be worked out..

5. mrsheppo

mrsheppo Mom to 11 and still partially sane

My DD used the Disneyland Express from LAX just 2 weeks ago, so they are still operating.

6. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Well, I "clicked here", and am now trying to read the bankruptcy info. :) It's Chapter 11, which is the business reorganization type of bankruptcy, not the liquidation form. And it's Coach America, which isn't Grayline (but is obviously connected to them in some way).

"APPROVED THE SALE OF CERTAIN COACH AMERICA ASSETS TO TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC."

So some assets are being sold to another transportation company.

Every time I try to read legal documents, I become more impressed with my friends and family members who are lawyers.

But if you slog down about halfway through, you get the fun of seeing everything that was sold, including Disney Office Furniture & Chairs. :)

When you get way down in the PDF, you see that they list "designated cities", and while Los Angeles and some other very specific cities/towns are mentioned, Anaheim is NOT. Also, graylineanaheim.com is NOT listed in the domain names being sold/transferred, though some other grayline domains are

I'm no lawyer, but I can't help but think that Disneyland Express is fine, and not part of this restructurization (is that even a word?).

But why not call and ask about it?

I see you did call (while I was slogging through the legal stuff!). Sounds like it's all fine then. I don't see that AT ALL on the actual grayline site. I have to click About Us and then click on the Coach America links to get to anything that shows that info.

7. MaloCS

MaloCS Earning My Ears

We just used them on 9/16/12 and 9/21/12. They are very much alive and providing services.

8. disneymum58

disneymum58 Mouseketeer

We used them the end of August and this was after I read that note on their website.
    It's not really necessary to book ahead of time though and I didn't just in case. But there wasn't any problem at all.

9. kyton

kyton Earning My Ears

We used them 9/13 and then again yesterday with no issues. We had to book 24hrs in advance simply because we had 5 people and used the $99 return deal to LAX but that was only for the original trip, not the return trip.

10. Mickey&JoshNut

Thanks everyone for your replies...based on the replies, we will just buy our tickets the day we arrive.

11. disneymum58

disneymum58 Mouseketeer