Is the dis DVC calculator correct?

Tinker74

<font color=darkorchid>I had goosebumps with the o
I've just been playing around with it and its says six nights in AKLV in a 1 bed savannah view is 182 points. But then it says six nights in BCV in a 1 bed is 252 points...:confused3 ..Is this so?
Why?

It would probably depend on which classification you are looking at at AKV and dates. Even if you look at the weekly costs, a 1 bedroom at AKV ranges from 205-349 (depending on the season), and BCV ranges from 200-350, so it can't be all that different. You must be looking at different room classifications.

:confused: So it must be an error on the calculator....For AKLV..Iam putting in Aug 20th -27th 1 bed savvanah view.For BCV Iam putting same dates but just a 1 bed.:confused3
WLV is coming out at 252 points as well so Iam inclined to think this is correct.
but OKW was 192 in a 1 bed..why would that be more that a Savannah view?? At AKLV.

:confused: So it must be an error on the calculator....For AKLV..Iam putting in Aug 20th -27th 1 bed savvanah view.For BCV Iam putting same dates but just a 1 bed.:confused3
WLV is coming out at 252 points as well so Iam inclined to think this is correct.
but OKW was 192 in a 1 bed..why would that be more that a Savannah view?? At AKLV.
Yes there is an error in the calculator! I just tried it using your dates and it is off by 52 points. If you look at the detailed info it generates, it lists every day of the trip and the number of points required for that day but it skipped over Friday Aug 24th! That night costs 52 points. So if you add that night back in, you would get the correct total of 182 + 52 = 234 points for that 7 night stay at AKV in a 1BR Savanna View.

ETA: I just tried it again and now it's displaying Friday night but skipping over Saturday night. Very strange!

I sent email to the webmaster about this and.... it has just been fixed!!! How's that for speedy service!

Thanks Lisa..:thumbsup2
Thank you for taking the time to post about the problem. It turns out the problem only occurred with your set of dates, AKV as the resort and that particular room type! And thanks to WebmasterCorey for fixing it!

Thank you for taking the time to post about the problem. It turns out the problem only occurred with your set of dates, AKV as the resort and that particular room type! And thanks to WebmasterCorey for fixing it!

If it happens , a Diser will find out about it :thumbsup2

Shameless Plug:

Download my DVC-Chart and/or DVC-Planner programs. They calculate points correctly, and go all the way to the year 2057.

See the link below.

:thumbsup2

Nope - its still off. I tried calculating for AKV 1 BD in March - and it consistently skipped Fridays (more than one date). Seems like its only with AKV. I don't know about other months - but definitely still a problem in the comps for March 2008.

Nope - its still off. I tried calculating for AKV 1 BD in March - and it consistently skipped Fridays (more than one date). Seems like its only with AKV. I don't know about other months - but definitely still a problem in the comps for March 2008.
There was a lot of data that had to be entered into the database the calculator uses for all of AKV's room types and views. If the calculator is skipping over a day, it's because the point value for that date and room type is not in the database.

Just below the calculator's results list there is a link that says: "Please let us know if you find an error with our DVC calculations". If you click on that link it will bring up a window to send an email message to the webmaster. Include the AKV room type and view and the date(s) that is/are missing from the results so that WebmasterCorey will know which dates are missing.

Shameless Plug:

Download my DVC-Chart and/or DVC-Planner programs. They calculate points correctly, and go all the way to the year 2057.

See the link below.

I will second that suggestion! Caskbill- your software is my favorite gadget on my computer right now- I love it.

Caskbill's programs are better tham DVC's. Do yourself a favor & download them from Caskbill.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter