Is the dessert party for wishes worth it?

I just booked it today for July 3rd, which thrilled me to death because i'm sure it will be a mad house!

We did the dessert party for the first time April 17th of this year. I had only decided about 3 weeks prior to our departure that we wanted to go to it so I had to stalk the reservations for it night and day until about a week before our trip a slot opened up for us. Someone else asked how soon the reservations open up for the party.

They DO NOT open up 6 months in advance like regular ADRs do. They will usually open it up 4 to 6 weeks prior. If you are wanting to book for mid July you should start watching for them to open up at the first of June-ish.

It was $50 for the 2 of us to go but I thought it was a good deal considering you get a prime viewing spot for Wishes. I have seen Wishes from the Hub and from the terrace and I couldn't tell much of a difference. I could see everything from the terrace.

There are only a few tables that have a good enough view to where you can remain seated with ppl at the rail and you still be able to see well. The CMs tell you when you check in that you should go up to the rail to watch the fireworks. But actually you can go up to the rail about 20 minutes before the fireworks start because the castle show starts about 15 minutes before Wishes.

You can actually see most of the parade from the terrace as well. You can see the top 2/3 of the floats. You can't see the wheels touching the ground but you can see enough. Especially if you have seen it before.

I am pretty picky and there were only a few things I liked. I really liked the Creme Brulee. But it wasn't Pistachio it was regular Creme Brulee. I also had a mini cupcake. They had an ice cream station that my DH had. But there were a lot of other little specialty desserts I didn't care for. If you aren't picky you would love it.

We decided to have a late lunch and skip dinner so that we would be hungry by the time we went.

Also no matter what time it gives you as your reservation time when you make the reservation, still show up at least one hour prior to the fireworks. Everybody/almost everybody does. So if you want to get a chance to try all the desserts you should get there early enough.

I have read ppl report that once a certain dessert runs out that they do not add more but then others have said they do. DH and I only went to the buffet twice right when we first got there so I am not sure how they handled refilling the food or if they did.

I definitely will never fight the crowds on Main street to watch Wishes again. It is well worth the money to have a crowd free place to sit and relax and watch the castle show and fireworks.

The night we went the park actually stayed open one hour past Wishes but I don't think many ppl knew that because there was still a mass exodus leaving the park. Had I thought about it at the time I would have stayed back and went and rode a few things but I forgot the park was open until 11 until we were already out of the park.

Another hint/tip...when you leave the park go to the left instead of right and go get on the ferry boat back to TTC (if you drove yourself) There were thousands of ppl all filled in down the walkway going up to the monorail for what looked like an hour wait to get on the monorail but we walked right onto the ferry and was at TTC in 10 minutes.

Ok. I wasn't sure where to ask this question so I figured I would start here. I have read that there are photo pass photographers at the dessert party. We are thinking of ordering the photo pass in advance. Do we need the photo pass + to get these photos???? I know photo pass+ includes dining and certain experiences. Where do I get it if we decide to advance purchase??? Can I use a gift card?? Soo many questions!! Any help is appreciated!!

We did it this past trip. For me though, I think it was a 'one and done'. We had one of the front tables (there was a row of four, 2-seaters)----and it was set back enough that we didn't even have to stand for Wishes. The crowd at the railing was forward enough not to block our view.

The desserts were ok. . .I enjoyed the creme brulee and mini cannoli, but a lot of the other desserts though 'pretty' were similar custard, whip, flavoring stuff that we didn't care too much about. I liked that they had a nice selection of teas available---and the lemonade was refreshing.

I'm glad we got to try it as something 'new' for our recent trip, but I wouldn't bother with a repeat visit.

Now we're talking 'apples and oranges' here. . .but the Food & Wine 3D Dessert Party? THAT is a dessert party! Experienced that in the fall----and would book that time and again. Different crowd. Different venue. I guess it all depends on whatcha like!

If I remember right, this isn't a year-round event, right? I'm going down in early January after New Year's so I'm not sure if the dessert party is even worth considering if it's not going to happen when I'm down there.

If I remember right, this isn't a year-round event, right? I'm going down in early January after New Year's so I'm not sure if the dessert party is even worth considering if it's not going to happen when I'm down there.

The website states it is offered nightly with reservations available up to 60 days in advance.

We're going in November, but can't do ADR yet. Do you know when it opens for reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter