Is the Castle a "Must" ?

CK1

DIS VET / DVC member
I've never "done the Castle" -- not for any meal -- despite many trips to WDW. For our next trip, dd will be 4 yrs old. She attended the Storybook b'fast last trip and did really enjoy it. And she's only that much more into the "princess scene" now.

SO what's with the Castle? What meals are there? To see Cinderella, is it b'fast only? I have never even looked into dining at the castle -- just didn't ever feel like messing with the PS scene until now. And will our 2 sons (and for that matter, dh) want to be there? Sons will be aged 9 and 8 when we go.

ANd lastly -- is the other Cinderella dinner a better deal (I think it's at Cape May?)

I will add this last bit of info -- right now, she is very into Cinderella specifically (watches the movie, has memorized the soundtrack)... so if that fascination holds (she may move on -- who knows!) a trip to either the Castle or / and the dinner @ Cape May would be in order...

THanks for the help...

Cindy (that really is my name... ironic, ain't it) :)

Ooops -- that's 1900 Park fare for the Cinderella dindin, isn't it...:rolleyes: Mea Culpa.

Thanks --

Cindy

We have only eaten lunch and dinner in the castle but in answer to your question yes I think it is a must.

You just cannot beat the feeling of dining in the castle.

Dinner in the Castle is much easier to get a PS for and you may be able to view the fireworks if you plan it right. The food is pretty good, but pricey. The breakfast PS when Cindy appears sounds impossible to come by, but the atmosphere is still fun at other times. I would try the other Cinderella/princess character meals, and do the Castle at lunch or dinner. I've heard the food at Cape May is excellent.

DH and I went for a late lunch on our last trip. Cindy was in the lobby area before going upstairs to the dining room. I had my pic made with her. The food WE had that afternoon was very good, although, from reading this board, that may not be the norm. it was a lot of fun to be there, but now that I've done it I don't feel a need to rush back...too many others places to try! That being said, I am going to try for PS's for a breakfast when we go in November simply because I'm going with several people who have never been and my niece (4) would love to meet Cindy! But, if we don't get them, I'm not going to be down about it or anything...it will just leave something to bring her back for later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter