Is the Aladdin Magic Carpet flying again?

TingTing

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

I'm going to be taking my niece and nephews (ages 10, 8, and 6) for their first visit ever on June 9. For those that have been to the park recently, can anyone tell me if the Magic Carpet is flying again in the Aladdin Show? My previous visit watching the show was after they first had issues with it way back in 2011 and it was removed from the showing I attended much to my disappointment!

I'm trying to decide where we should sit to maximize their amazement during the show and if closer to the stage would be better or aisle seats for when they come parading through the audience during the show...

My DGD6 and I have seen this a few times, and by far our favorite seats were in the back half of the Orchestra section, right in the front row of that section. It's raised up a little bit, with a big aisle in front of it, and when Aladdin came riding through on his elephant he looked right down at my DGD6 and blew her a kiss. So sweet. :)

My DGD6 and I have seen this a few times, and by far our favorite seats were in the back half of the Orchestra section, right in the front row of that section. It's raised up a little bit, with a big aisle in front of it, and when Aladdin came riding through on his elephant he looked right down at my DGD6 and blew her a kiss. So sweet. :)

I love that spot, too!

I've seen this show twice in the last three weeks and Both times the carpet was flying. I like the mezzanine, right in front of the railing

The first time I saw the show, the carpet didn't fly, and it rolled around onstage w/ a lot of smoke to simulate the clouds. That was my one complaint because I thought an actual flying carpet would have been so cool! I saw the show again in December, and to see the carpet fly in the air was awesome! We ended up on the upper level along the side. Not many seats there, and the view was great. It did make me nervous w/ the kid b/c there isn't anything there to catch her had she gone over the rail! Strict instructions to not lean forward were given... and my arm was always at the ready make sure she sat appropriately in her chair!

That's why people need to heed the warnings and instructions at Disneyland. And proper parental supervision of children needs to be emphasized.

The first time I saw the show, the carpet didn't fly, and it rolled around onstage w/ a lot of smoke to simulate the clouds. That was my one complaint because I thought an actual flying carpet would have been so cool! I saw the show again in December, and to see the carpet fly in the air was awesome! We ended up on the upper level along the side. Not many seats there, and the view was great. It did make me nervous w/ the kid b/c there isn't anything there to catch her had she gone over the rail! Strict instructions to not lean forward were given... and my arm was always at the ready make sure she sat appropriately in her chair!

I've seen the show many times (I was an annual passholder). It's kind of a crapshoot whether or not it will work. It "flies" more often than it doesn't, but it can "go down" at any time.

I've been several times over the last few months and it was only down one time, along with the genie flying out of the lamp.

Just curious, how early do you need to arrive before a showing? Does it fill up fast? Just wondering when the best time to arrive is :)

Seems like this is "playing the slots". It was working in November, but not working in February. My kids just kept looking up, waiting for it. It's disappointing when it doesn't come down.

Just curious, how early do you need to arrive before a showing? Does it fill up fast? Just wondering when the best time to arrive is :)
There are 3 different levels of seating and different lines for each level of seating, if I remember correctly. I think the Orchestra seems to fill up first. It is a small theatre though so every seat is pretty much a good seat. You can definitely see the Magic Carpet flying better if you are on the balcony level. It's right in front you your line of sight!

3872985433_b3ff177b4e_b.jpg

There are 3 different levels of seating and different lines for each level of seating, if I remember correctly. I think the Orchestra seems to fill up first. It is a small theatre though so every seat is pretty much a good seat. You can definitely see the Magic Carpet flying better if you are on the balcony level. It's right in front you your line of sight!

Thank you so much, that's really helpful, including the picture! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter