Is That The Real Moon or the Disney Moon? || April 2015 Trip Report

I love 'Beauty and the Beast' but I haven't been to Be Our Guest yet! I'm glad you guys had a magical trip - this is a lovely trip report and I'm looking forward to reading more!

Holy moly, guys.

Are we long overdue for an update or what? I leave for Los Angeles and Disneyland in 17 days and I want to try to wrap this trip report up by then! I am going to read back through my last update and we will get started from there!

I just saw that I left off at the end of day 1! Long story short with the room, it was far from up to Disney clean standards and as someone with fairly severe OCD, especially in public situations, it was an issue for me. My mom called the front desk and they sent someone up. Just to show you that we weren't overreacting, even she is blown away by the shape that the room was in. We also had one pillow total on the two beds.

So not Disney standards! They fixed it, we talked about our plans for the next day and went to sleep.

Bright and early, we were up for our 2nd favorite park.....

11039009_970166436335110_6833902812182409246_n.jpg

EPCOT!!

It was the Flower and Garden Festival, a major reason for doing the trip when we did! My mom LOVES anything floral. She is an amazing florist and like an orchid wizard. I don't even understand it. I kill anything I try to grow. Sometimes I wonder if we are actually related (spoiler alert: we are). I appreciate flowers, but I don't know anything about them. My mom can spot one a mile away and will say something like "I believe that is the rare (something) species of (nationality) (type of flower). It doesn't typically come in that color and grows only in 1 square mile of (tiny foreign area)." She truly is an expert.

But we are jumping the gun here, before Epcot, we had something special that I had planned as a surprise for my mom. Breakfast at a new place for us..

cf3ba7e72c7a3029521897cb173259ab.jpg

1900 Park Fare!

My mom and I have a thing about the Grand Floridian. It is a plan of ours that when I win my first Grammy (which I will), we are going to come stay in the Grand Floridian. We both think it is the most amazing hotel on Disney property and love it dearly. A trip never passes without at least one visit. I thought it would be amazing to do something like this for both of us. I love breakfast buffets, especially ones with smoked salmon, my all time favorite food, and I always think its nice to take on a full park day with a good breakfast. We tend to skip meals at Disney strictly because they are lower on the list than rides and shows, so it's good to plan on at least one good meal a day!

Breakfast was wonderful!

Here is my first plate:
11666058_1015629085122178_3617025928112267798_n.jpg

I pull no punches at breakfast buffets, it's salmon all the way for me, especially if it's good, which it was. From top clockwise:
Mickey waffle, tater tots, cheese blintz, smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, toasted bagel.

The mickey waffle was wonderful as always. I LOVED the blintz! It was so amazing!!! I had quite a few that morning. The salmon and the things with it were all fantastic as well.

Here is a picture of my mom's first plate, I will try to recall as much as I can!

11665497_1015629088455511_2332785042282480192_n.jpg

Bacon, omelet from omelet bar, lobster Benedict, sausage, croissant.

I remember her loving the omelet and saying the benedict was good, but there really was no recognizable lobster.

Next we tried the Famous Strawberry Soup!

11659483_1015629091788844_2291164949014294421_n.jpg

It was okay. I make strawberry soup at home a lot and not to be full of myself, I like mine better. This tasted like a smoothie to me. Very good, just nothing special.

I took no photos of our second plates, but I know mine was a lot like my first. Lots of salmon, blintzes and I got bacon.

Now characters! Be warned, I wasn't feeling fantastic this morning so I don't look my best.

11692521_1015629098455510_443208433835260559_n.jpg

11046256_1015629131788840_6550586295019078830_n.jpg

11665496_1015629121788841_4248874466214788797_n.jpg

10389495_1015629211788832_3605379792264001677_n.jpg

We also got an adorable video with the Mad Hatter, but that will be up another time.

Overall, I know Disney character breakfasts are a bit pricey, but I love them and this was no exception. I will certainly come back in the future.

Speaking of the future....on to EPCOT!

That was smooth, wasn't it?

I am so tired you guys, I think that is going to be it for this update! I promise another one tomorrow to catch you up on Future World adventures! It was a good day!

Following....... We are going in October for our honeymoon, so for now I will live vicariously through you!

Following....... We are going in October for our honeymoon, so for now I will live vicariously through you!

Thanks for following along! Oh my goodness it is my dream to have either a Disney wedding or honeymoon! I bet you are going to have so much fun! That is so exciting!!!!! Congrats :)

It is a plan of ours that when I win my first Grammy (which I will), we are going to come stay in the Grand Floridian.

I love this!! We always say that too...when we win money/make a ton of money/get famous/to celebrate something really big...we will hopefully get to stay there...it's just so awesome.

Guess who's back, back again. Kelsey's back, tell a friend.

Oh my goodness it has been way too long. Part of this was because I was traveling and part is that my health still isn't fantastic, but that's okay.

I am actually 10 days from heading back to Disney and I am so excited! I also went to Disneyland and California Adventure since we last spoke. It was a blast. I am thinking about maybe adding that trip onto that report after this one is done!

BUT....since I am 10 days from another trip and will be doing a trip report for that one, I want to have this one done before I go!

So, let's see where we left off.

We finished breakfast at the Grand Floridian and headed back to Pop to pick up my scooter. We then took the bus to Epcot! Our first order of business was using our FP for my favorite ride ever, Soarin'.

We had a little bit until our FP window opened so we decided to get our picture taken. Heading into this trip my mom and I decided we wanted to take advantage of the Photopass photographers because we almost never have pictures together from trips. It was the Flower and Garden Festival which meant we got an extra special picture!

We took a lot of pictures, but I can't find any of them on my computer right now besides this one, but this is my favorite!

11846697_1040591252625961_7975950928514342011_n.jpg

After this we headed over to Soarin! For the first time we asked to be in the front row and it was AMAZING! Being at the top without feet hanging down in the view was totally worth waiting an extra movie!

Next we went to something I had read lots about, but never had done...

Club_Cool_Epcot.jpg

I literally didn't like any of the drinks. Most were too sweet for me. I bought myself a coke and went along with my day. My mom tried the famous Beverly and HATED IT. I couldn't bring myself to try it. Maybe next time.

We had a little time until our next Fastpass so we headed off to the worlds biggest golf ball!

tumblr_nbpkdaiMua1qf9q3lo6_1280.jpg

I have to be in the right mood for Spaceship Earth but today I really enjoyed it! It was a great break from the insane Florida heat and there was no line. It also felt kind of nice to al least feel like it was challenging my brain a little by giving it some facts!

Next up we had a fastpass for Mission Space. I had never been on Mission Space before! My mom went on it probably 10 years ago but didn't remember it at all. We had a little trouble finding it because we almost never go to that area of the park. We saw a bunch of disappointed people walking by us. Turns out that Test Track was closed. I felt for them. It sucks to wait in a big line for your favorite ride only to have it close. I'd never been on Test Track, but I still felt bad for them.

We did end up finding Mission Space and I. LOVED. IT. Oh my goodness gracious. It was so much fun. I went on the less intense side. We rode it 2 more times and I couldn't stop smiling. One thing my mom and I like to take hat photos and we couldn't pass up the chance for this picture.

11873769_1040591032625983_8791708466941481106_n.jpg

It got stuck on my head. That was embarrassing.

We were sort of just wandering around at this point. We were right next to Test Track and were looking at some of the flowers. Then a cast member came out and said that the ride was open. There was literally no one in line so my mom and I decided to take a chance and ride Test Track for the first time ever! It was a walk on, which is just unheard of. I love it so much!

There was one part of the ride that I had a little trouble with. As you know, you go through "safety tests" and things like that. Well, I had been in a bad car accident only a month before this. A huge truck drove into my dads door. I thought he was dead. We were both so lucky. He broke 3 ribs. I had a bad concussion and both of my shoulders are still a mess and may need surgery, but compared to what should or could have happened, we are so lucky.

So, needless to say, when the test came and it looked like we were about to be hit by a truck, I screamed and then started having an anxiety attack and sobbing uncontrollably. I felt so bad for the other people on the ride with us who had no idea why a full grown adult had a reaction like that to such a simple thing.

It was okay though. I did truly love the ride and the part outside where you go fast made me feel much better.

I for sure will be going on Test Track every time that I am at Epcot and I won't be scared because I know the truck scene is there.

It was almost 11am at this point. We checked out the Cars topiaries which were amazing.

e59f7271823b3d5921d4a15f3dc4ca59.jpg

We spent a little bit of time just taking in the beauty that were the banks around lake, covered in flowers.

Epcot-Flower-and-Garden.jpg

It was truly breath taking.

I think that is where I am going to stop for today. Next time: WORLD SHOWCASE!

I am planning on updating tomorrow, but if you don't hear from me tomorrow, it will be the next day! I am excited to talk about how much fun we had the rest of the day!

If you are interested in the trip coming up in you can check out my current pre tip report right here!

Only 10 days! I am so excited to be going back!!!

Details are getting a little fuzzy and I am heading back to Disney in 2 weeks so I am going to try and finish this up before then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter