Is That The Real Moon or the Disney Moon? || April 2015 Trip Report

MouseketeerKelsey

Mouseketeer
Hi guys! I am so excited to be writing this report. If you didn't read my PTR I will link it here! It has a lot of information on why this trip was so special. Basically the short version is I have suffered health problems almost my hole life and I just had surgery that is supposed to fix them so what better way to celebrate than Disney!

First, let's start with an introduction.

My name is Kelsey. I am 19. I am an annual pass holder and I live about 2 hours from Disney. My favorite park is Magic Kingdom. My favorite ride is Thunder Mountain. My favorite princess is Belle and my favorite character is Stitch! I am Disney obsessed and know so many facts about the parks that my parents call me their "official tour guide" and I love it!

This is me!

10600545_970166429668444_4998623194411939507_n.jpg

This trip was just me and my mom. She also is a pass holder. Her favorite park is "um I'm not sure, between Epcot and Magic Kingdom." Her favorite ride is 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Her favorite princess is "my favorite princess is you" awwwwww how cute. It is really Cinderella, always has been. Her favorite character Pooh! These are two pics I loved from this trip.

11039009_970166436335110_6833902812182409246_n.jpg

11182161_970166433001777_5277749299832193179_n.jpg

We had an amazing time. There were a lot of issues, but it didn't take away form how amazing the trip was! I think I will give you the basic details and then call it a night here.

When? April 21-23
Where? Pop Century
Parks? Magic Kingdom, Epcot and (we were supposed to go to)Animal Kingdom
TS Meals? Be Our Guest, 1900 Park Fare, Raglan Road

I think that is all for tonight! I am starting a new PTR because I came home and booked a new trip! Haha post-Disney depression is real. This is the link if you want to check it out!

Oh my gosh Kelsey those pictures are so cute!!!
I hope you weren't in too much pain during your trip! :(
So excited to read the TR and the new PTR!

Your Post-Disney Depression must have been very real Lol!! :)

Tuesday morning started bright and early. Well...bright and an hour behind schedule. I slept through my alarm. I have never in my life slept through an alarm, I must have really needed the rest! Oh well! It was only an hour past schedule and we were on the road! :drive::car:

I had wanted to see the welcome show but we were going to be too late. We headed straight to the Pop Century to pick up my scooter. It was 7:30 am when I got a text that our room was ready! Wow! Talk about above and beyond. When check in as 3 pm, I would NEVER have expected to get there and have the room ready!

I will let you guys know in advance that I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked. Things were complicated. I will check and see what my mom has on her phone from the trip and I will add those in.

So we checked in, picked up my scooter and headed to our room. We were in the 90's section for the time!

19229_967736459911441_4990367898671652625_n.jpg

Computers are kind of my thing, so this made me very happy. After this we got on a bus and headed to the Magic Kingdom!!!

Heres where thing get complicated. We were just in time for our first FP which was Peter Pan's Flight. I love the ride, sure, it could use some updating, but it is cute as can be and a lot of fun. I've never seen the ride stop. The ride never stops. Well...as I was getting off of the flying boat, it SCREECHES to a stop with no warning. I am slammed against the front of it and the safety bar smashes two of my healing incisions. Great. I got off and went to my scooter. I found a private corner where there was no one and my mom calmed me down a lot. I know to some this might seem like a crazy overreaction but only being 3 weeks post surgery, I was in so much pain from this I almost passed out. I wasn't sure what to do. My mom wanted to at least bring me back to the hotel if not the hospital. I didn't want to leave the park after just one ride. We decided just to explore new Fantasyland until lunch.

Now for some pixie dust. We were outside Gaston's. My mom went to use the restroom and I decided to go get a snack so I could take my medicine. I went in, struggled a little because I couldn't get out of the scooter at that exact moment but I got to the counter and ordered the hummus and chips. An amazingly nice CM who just must have sensed that something happened came over with my hummus and also a LeFou's Brew and told me it was on Mickey today. I almost cried. I thanked her many times and headed back outside to meet up with my mom. I truly was emotional that the universe tried to make up for what had happened with the ride. I was convinced I would only hurt from that for a little bit, turns out as I am sitting here it is still an issue and I am going to the doctor this week to get checked. It was just a case of bad timing and to most people would have meant a little pain and maybe a bruise but not much. For me, however, having it happen 3 weeks after major abdominal surgery was a bit of a problem.

Oh well, I had to move on because do you know what it was time for?

BE OUR GUEST!!!:rainbow:

Okay, so in advance, I am an emotional person. I almost cried (okay I cried a little) when we walked in. I had waited so long and was so excited that I just couldn't contain it!

We had ordered online so we just reviewed our order, paid and headed to find a table. We got a table in the room I was hoping to sit in, although I truly would have been happy anywhere. Also I took a you-know-what ton of pictures. I am going to have to do this in a few parts most likely. I am also going to have a full dining review on my blog.

This is going to be the only time I mention it okay. I am a YouTuber and Blogger. I get paid to do that, it's my job, but it is also my passion. I am going to have vlogs up on my 2nd channel from this trip if you like video stuff and my Disney blog will have full reviews as well. I am not one for self promo on these boards, but it is just me letting you know that if you have interest, they are there. Here are the links. Vlog Channel and Disney Blog. I'll also throw in my main, music channel for good measure, lol.

I did much more vlogging this trip than photo taking, so if you are a visual person, that may be your best bet. They will be up in the next day or so, I still have to edit them. :offtopic: I have so much on my plate right now I may just scream. It's all positive stuff and I love being busy but I am working full time in an office, I run 2 YouTube channels and 2 blogs which total 18 uploads a week, I'm recovering from my surgery plus a bad car accident a week before surgery, I am writing and recording my first album, I'm writing a book and I am picking up freelance web design jobs to pay for the next Disney trip. Plus I start college in August and before then I have to take the SAT (again, they need results within the last 2 years, its been 2 and a half) and take my GED (as a Florida home school student it is the easiest way to get a diploma) SO I AM CRAZY BUSY LOL

Back to disney. Also did you know I ramble a lot? I do.

I loved the restaurant so much. The attention to detail was nothing short of breath taking. I'm stalling right now while 222 pictures upload to photo bucket. I have never used it before. I normally just share on Facebook in a private post but I had so many this time it seemed like a good time to hop on the photo bucket bandwagon.

UPDATE

I have been waiting half an hour and only 66 of 222 are uploaded. I am exhausted so I am just going to let it run while I sleep and then start fresh with my Be Our Guest review in the morning!

Hope you all have a good night! Sorry this was sort of all over the place haha. That's just my personality.

Hi, I'm here! Just worked alll day.

Photo Bucket is nice but only once you get your pics up.. It can be super duper slow though.

Can't wait to hear some more!

Oh my gosh Kelsey those pictures are so cute!!!
I hope you weren't in too much pain during your trip! :(
So excited to read the TR and the new PTR!

Your Post-Disney Depression must have been very real Lol!! :)

Thanks! I was, but it is so worth it at Disney!

Oh it was so real. Within 2 hours of being home I booked the next trip!

Hi, I'm here! Just worked alll day.

Photo Bucket is nice but only once you get your pics up.. It can be super duper slow though.

Can't wait to hear some more!

I'm at work now, I totally get it.

It seems like a good site, it just took a while. I can't wait to get home and update the report with all of the Be Our Guest photos!!!!

Thanks! I was, but it is so worth it at Disney!

Oh it was so real. Within 2 hours of being home I booked the next trip!

That's awesome!!! I'll probably end up doing the same thing for my graduation trip :)

I'm at work now, I totally get it.

It seems like a good site, it just took a while. I can't wait to get home and update the report with all of the Be Our Guest photos!!!!
Yes, it is a good site... just slow!! I'm excited! I have a meeting with the teacher that I'm going to me an intern for but when I get home tonight I hope i's already up so I can see them!! :)

Plus- I came home from school to my mom on the computer and she told me she made lot's of changes so I should be doing a post for that tonight!

Oh I want to update so bad but I just got home from the Paramore concert (side note, most amazing night of my life) and I am in so much pain I am just going to crash I think. But on the plus side I have 2 days off to recover.

Be Our Guest will be up tomorrow, I promise.

Oh hey I'm back!

Guess who landed herself back in the hospital after the concert because she overdid it. Yup. Lol. So worth it like I can't even explain.

On to Be Our Guest!

We had a 12:30pm lunch reservation. When we walked up we checked in with minimal issue. They had a little trouble finding us but it all worked out. We had ordered in advance online. There was about a 5 minute wait to get to one of the kiosks to confirm and pay for our order. After that we headed into the main attraction.

DSC_0101.jpg

It was even more breathtaking than I imagined. We got a table close to the front of the room. It had a great view of the whole thing. (I'm going to try to go a little light on photos so that everything fits in one post)

It wasn't but 5-10 minutes lated when our adorable cart arrived with all of the food we ordered....there was a lot. We wanted to try a lot of things.

We tried both the French Onion and the Potato and Leek soup. Both were not hot, this was a reoccurring theme here. I liked the taste of the potato, but found the grainy texture unappealing. My mom enjoyed the French Onion a lot, especially the cheese on top.

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0072_1.jpg

One thing to keep in mind is that at lunch, all of your food comes out at once so entrees got cold while we were trying soup.

My mom and I each ordered entrees but we essentially just ended up sharing everything. From this point forward, I loved everything I tried. My mom ordered the Braised Pork. Once again, it was cold but tasted AMAZING. I loved the pork and the green beans. There were also mashed potatoes and they were good but not worth wasting the space on. She liked it too but I think she liked the sandwich I got better.

DSC_0071_1.jpg

I am a fan of roast beef. I went through a time in middle school where I had roast beef sandwiches for breakfast before school so needless to say I had to try the
Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich. I got it without the vegetables on it because I am allergic to tomato. I loved it. It was fantastic. Between my mom and I we finished the whole thing. The warm baugette that it was on was fantastic. The only thing is that I wish it had a bit more of the Horseradish Sour Cream on it. Besides that, I give this an A+.

DSC_0067_1.jpg

DSC_0078_1.jpg

I can not explain how excited I was to try the grey stuff and it was, in fact, delicious. My mom didn't like it. I know, I am as shocked as you. We split the Master's Cupcake and the Triple Chocolate cupcake. We are big on chocolate. As much as I loved the grey stuff and eating a food out of the film was magical especially while sitting in the room from the film, I loved the chocolate one more.

DSC_0069_1.jpg

DSC_0070_1.jpg

Overall I thought the food was wonderful. Yes, it was cold but I would rather have tasty cold food than bland hot food. I would go back again for sure and probably will be back when we go next.

On the way out I took a walk around to snap some pictures of the other rooms.

DSC_0085_1.jpg

DSC_0081_1.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0103_2.jpg
DSC_0106_2.jpg

We stopped at the
mosaic and the family behind us was nice enough to take a picture of both os us. This is one of my favorites from the trip.

DSC_0108_3.jpg

As we left the beautiful castle I took two pictures outside.

The beloved 7DMT

DSC_0110_2.jpg

A lovely waterfall

DSC_0113_2.jpg

I think that is going to do it for this update! I hope you like it! I am hoping to get another update up this weekend so keep an eye out for that. There is also craziness involving the trip for September. I may be changing a huge thing but if you want to know you will have to check out the update I will be doing later on the PTR.

Thanks! That camera is the love of my life. I spent way too much money on it but I am so glad I did every time I shoot with it :rotfl:
If only you had that camera right now to see how badly swollen I am after my wisdom teeth coming out!!! Boo!!!
I might if I'm brave enough post a selfie later....

Oh no! I hope you are feeling okay! Having teeth out is the worst!
I've taken so long to get back to you Kelsey- So sorry!

I feel so much better now and I even ate some chicken strips for lunch!! (First food other than jello and pudding I've eaten!!!)

Sorry for the delay with this update, things have been crazy!

After our wonderful lunch we headed out to take on some more Magic Kingdom fun. It was mid day and at this point the lines were rather long. We wandered around for a bit trying to decide what to do next. My plan had gone out the window some with my earlier sudden stop on Peter Pan. I am having a bit of a hard time remembering exactly what we did in what order. I know we headed into Tomorrowland. I traded some pins and looked around at the Stitch things. We also went and looked for Sun Screen because the brand new one we had brought with us didn't work!

At this point the lines had calmed down some and we decided to cross off a ride that we had never been on, Astro Orbiter! The wait was 20 minutes and I was very excited. However, I didn't realize that the ride vehicles weren't like Dumbo where you just step in, you sort of have to climb in and then you are sitting on the ground. That was a little hard 3 weeks post major abdominal surgery. Oops, once again, my bad. I LOVED the ride! I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed when it started tilting! At the end of it I realized I had to get out and I couldn't use my abdominal muscles and my shoulder was still a wreck from my car accident, so that hurt. I don't even care, I had such a good time.

From here we decided to go to the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor but as I looked at the Fastpass return I realized that it was 3:01 and I wanted to see the parade! We headed quickly over to the Castle Hub and my mom saw the wheelchair area so I got an amazing spot to see it! I love the parade so much, I get choked up every time. This time I recorded it on my camera so on days where I am home and not feeling good or physical therapy is kicking my butt I can watch it and smile. We were sitting next to a really nice family that we sat next to on the bus that morning! We talked to them until the parade got to us. It was so much fun seeing the two young girls react to seeing Anna and Elsa. After the parade they were nice enough to take a photo of us! We haven't had one in front of the castle before!

IMG_0079.jpg

I love this picture! After this we decided to head to the other side of the park so we made our way to Adventureland! It was hot and I was still hurting from the Astro Orbiter so we opted for something calm and in a/c. We went to visit everyone's favorite birds at the tiki room! It was cute. We hadn't seen it since my 16th birthday and we both enjoy a good dose of Disney cheesiness. It was shorter than I remembered but I don't know if I was just remembering it wrong.

I think at this point it was about 3:45. Actually, I can check because I texted my dad at this point. Wow, I was pretty close, it was 3:43. As much as I knew it was a bad idea, I wanted to ride my favorite ride.....
big-thunder-mountain-railroad-00.jpg

If any of you have ever been on this, which I am sure you have, you will know that the line is up and down hills and things like that. Plus you enter on the other side from which you exit. Because of this, you can't bring a scooter through it and because the line was at 40 minutes, I couldn't go without the scooter. What they do is they write out a return time, a lot like an old school fasts, equal to the current wait. Then you enter through the exit so it isn't a far walk to the train. To kill time we went to get a drink and a snack at Pecos Bill's. We each got a drink and split some fries. We sat and enjoyed the air and some iced tea until it was time for the fide. I believe it was about 4:35 when we headed back to Thunder Mountain.

We sat in the back row and it was a blast! It truly is my favorite ride! We had a 5:20 pm fastpass for 7DMT so we slowly started making our way to Fantasyland. It wasn't quite time so we headed to one of my favorite slow rides, the Little Mermaid! The wait was about 15 minutes and then we got on the ride. I believe it was about 5:40 when we got to 7DMT. It wasn't even 5 minutes before we were on the ride. It is a short ride but I love it!

From here we didn't really have a set plan. I wanted to ride Buzz and my mom really doesn't care what we do as long as we are having fun, so we headed into Tomorrowland. We decided to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway on our way. I hadn't been in probably 10 years so I thought it would be fun. Nope. At least for the car I had, it didn't respond to me trying to steer so it just bounced back and forth jarring me like crazy. I hurt a ton when I got off. I wasn't going to tell my mom but she saw it in my face. She suggested the TTA so that I could sit and rest for a little before deciding what to do next.

I always find the TTA (Peoplemover) relaxing. To me it is just a classic Disney must-do. From here we headed to another attraction that allowed for some more rest, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor! I have seen it so many times and most of the jokes are the same but it always makes me laugh. I have never been on the screen, it's a Disney Bucket list item for me! After a good laugh we stopped and I got a Mickey pretzel, my only go the trip! Next on the list? Buzz!

I won. I always win. My mom always jokes before we go on that I am going to destroy her. I always do. Hehe. It's all friendly competition.

We decided to head over and check out the new dumbo! There was no wait at all. We looked around Storybook Circus for a bit, I think the theming is so cute! It was about 8:15 pm at this point. I felt like crap. We had fast passes for the fireworks. We have seen the fireworks. We decided to skip the fireworks. I traded our Wishes fps for Pooh and we were able to get ones to use right away. We went on Pooh which was a wonderful way to end the day because my mom and I both love him! We were ready to head back to the hotel. We realized the Electric Parade was about to start. It was not easy getting out of the park. I had an anxiety attack in the middle but we made it out and to the bus.

Once back at the hotel I stopped and got a chicken sandwich, a drink and dessert before heading up to our room.

There is one last piece of this day, it had to do with some issues with the room, but I am falling asleep typing so I think I have to end here! Sorry there are so few photos, I have more tomorrow.

Well......I didn't vanish. Things have been crazy! Sorry I haven't updated! I was in Texas for my cousins wedding plus it looks like something went wrong with surgery because this weird thing has started where I get really bad pain and then pass out so that's not so fun.

I am 60 days out from my trip to LA and reservations for the first day I am at Disneyland should be opening tonight so I am staying up for those!

I may update tonight, or in the morning.

Sorry for the delay! I hope some of you are still sticking with me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter