Is SQL th new number three DLP hotel?

Woolly

Devon is Heaven
I was always under the impression that the NPB was the number 3 hotel in the DLP hotel pecking order but there seems to be so many recent 'positive' reviews about SQL and not a lot about NPB that I am wodering if it should be the other way around.

Wish I'd booked SQL and not NPB now.

Anyone agree? What is the pecking order in your view?

officially (going by price) its DLH, then HNY, then NPBC, then SQL :). SQL is getting much better reviews generally over the NPBC at the moment because the SQL has just gone through a major refurb.

its all down to personal taste though with regard to the theme etc of the onsite hotels. I haven't stayed at either the SQL or the HNY, but have at the NPBC, and have spent time in the restaurants and public areas of all 3 hotels. Personally, I would choose the other 2 over the NPBC, mostly because the NPBC is so big (our rooms were right at the end of one of the long wings, and it was easily a 10-minute walk from our room to reception). Too big for me. If you get a nice clean quiet room near the reception (centre of the hotel) though, the NPBC is a nice hotel.

I would much rather stay at Sequoia Lodge then New Port Bay x

We had a fantastic stay at the NPB and I love the hotel, the theme and the colours appeal to me and I would have chosen it over the SL anytime, but that was based on 2 stays at SL in dingy rooms, much overdue for an update and with little/no housekeeping during either stay, I also contracted a really nasty eye infection at SL, the only time I've ever had an eye infection and I put it down to the lack of housekeeping, with hindsight I thought our towels hadn't been changed - yeuch!
The recent makeover does however make the SL much more appealing even to me. The NPB gets knocked all the time always has done, it is a big hotel, we were fortunate to have been very central and just around the corner from the lifts, that may have been because we were on the Admiral's Floor ?
Upgrade to Admirals Floor or put in a request for a central room if you're really worried, you can downgrade too outside the 90 day period without penalty, I did it last time when my sons refused pointblank to share a bed and I ended up going down to the Cheyenne from HNY. :goodvibes

I'm still thinking about SL for our trip in June but discounted NPB very early on. It looks a lovely hotel from the outside and its theme but it is just far too big - scrums at breakfast during peak times due to the large numbers involved isn't right really :sad2:. That is my personal opinion of course.

That said, there are a lot of people who really like the place and would stay there over any other DLRP hotel.

We much prefered the Sequoia to the Newport Bay. The lift in the Newport Bay to take you down the stairs to breakfast always had a funny (unpleasant) smell and the hotel just didn't have the same friendly feel about it.

If you are unhappy phone and see if you can change your booking. Sometimes they don't like you reducing the price of your package but you can add on extras such as meals to make up the price.

Ive stayed in both too! more times in SL, I do love it there the atmosphere....more cosy and warmer fell to it! The Rustic look, and its lovely when the open fire is going!
I actually prefered the swimming pool at the SL to the NPB!
like someone said it is a big hotel, our room seemed miles away when going back end of the day:lmao:

I would rather save that little bit more and try get HNY. But SL def does it for me!

I would pick SL over NPB though haven't stayed at ether of them. The NPB just doesn't appeal to me.

I haven't stayed at either (in living memory at least!), but would chose SL over NPB because I just wouldn't want to stay in such a big hotel. It also helps that SL refurbishments look so lovely!

We had always planned to stay in the NPB for our family trip this summer, but after my stay in SL last year I've convinced the rest that its the better choice. The difference in price is quite significant, and I was really impressed with the refurbed SL last year. It is also closer to the parks. To me, its a no-brainer. My mum has always wanted to stay in NPB because she loves the theming so we probably will one day....maybe they'll do a great refurb soon too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter