• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Space Mtn open during EE?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
I'm working on an itinerary for our EE day. I know PP first, then Dumbo, then Matterhorn... But here's my dilema. My kids are more into Space Mtn than the kiddie rides. They could ride Space over and over and over again if we let them so is Space open during EE?

I thought we could hit PP, then Matterhorn, Buzz a couple of times, then Alice (maybe) and then on to Space to do as many times as we can before the line gets too long.

Thanks!

OOOOOOh, Excellent!! My kids will be so happy. Hopefully we ride over and over again a few times before the lines get long.

OOOOOOh, Excellent!! My kids will be so happy. Hopefully we ride over and over again a few times before the lines get long.

As soon as EE is over be sure and pick up a FastPass, even if you don't use it right away since the lines will still be short. The return window is as short as it will get (and you can get another FP fairly soon) and you can come back later in the day or at night and ride it again.

Weird, when I went for EE space mountain was def closed.

I thought we could hit PP, then Matterhorn, Buzz a couple of times, then Alice (maybe) and then on to Space to do as many times as we can before the line gets too long.
For those rides, I'd suggest going on Alice before Matterhorn, and Buzz after Space Mountain. So the order would be: PP, Alice, Matterhorn (using the queue on the Tomorrowland side), Space, then Buzz. You'll avoid some backtracking that way.

At the end of your Space ride, if there is no one waiting on the boarding platform (unlikely but possible), you should be able to stay on. (Has happened to me once or twice in the past 30 years. ;)) Otherwise, you'll have to disembark -- and there is quite a trek from the unloading platform back to the entrance.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! You are right about the back tracking. Lets hope we can stay on and ride again. Hopefully most of the traffic will be over in Fantasyland while we ride Space!

I'll definitely use your ride sequence. Sounds great!

For those rides, I'd suggest going on Alice before Matterhorn, and Buzz after Space Mountain. So the order would be: PP, Alice, Matterhorn (using the queue on the Tomorrowland side), Space, then Buzz. You'll avoid some backtracking that way.

At the end of your Space ride, if there is no one waiting on the boarding platform (unlikely but possible), you should be able to stay on. (Has happened to me once or twice in the past 30 years. ;)) Otherwise, you'll have to disembark -- and there is quite a trek from the unloading platform back to the entrance.

Enjoy your trip!
I agree with this ride order.

(& good luck on riding Buzz w/o embarking. We had to dis-embark & walk thru the ride dump, but rode Buzz 3 times near the end of one our EE days....with no waits.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter