is Sci_fi scary for wee ones?

cruisekat

Mouseketeer
I know they show little snips of movies there while you eat...and while I remember them to just be corny and fun...its been awhile, and now we have a 3 and 6 year old...so, do you think they will be scared at all? Has anyone had children this age there who loved/hated it?? Thanks, just trying to decide!

Our 3 year old grandson, who was afraid of just about everything at WDW, enjoyed Sci Fi very much. The only thing I could see that would be an issue for some is that it's dark. The movies are as you remember, pretty cheezy. I don't know that my grandson even noticed the movies once he got his beverage with the lighted ice cube.

The only thing scary at Sci Fi is the food. ;)

(Seriously, my kids are easily unsettled under most circumstances and the film clips didn't bother them in the slightest. OTOH, I thought they'd love the car idea and they were indifferent.)

When we took DS when he was 6 he was utterly terrified. The movies completely upset him, he had nightmares, and the darkness of the place just totally unsettled him. If you have a sensitive child, I'd skip this one.

At some point, during the clip of the "Amazing Colossal Man" a nurse runs up and sticks him with a needle, and if the CM's are having a good day, they all scream!!! It's very funny, but it could startle a little one. Most kids enjoy this place because of the idea of eating in cars and watching a big screen.

Sci-fi is a "must do" for my DD8 EVERY YEAR since we took her when she was 4. She was not scared at all, and LOVES it there. That being said, she also loved TOT at 4 years old and rode it 6 times on that trip.....so I think it really depends on your child. You know them best. :thumbsup2

Just returned with my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter and she enjoyed it and not scared at all. I think at that age, there are really other attractions they are paying more attention to within the restaurant. She was more interested in drinking her chocolate milkshake!!

Sci Fi has been my DD favorite since our first trip when she was 2, we have to go every time. Even when she was afraid of the dark at home, she still loved eating in the "cars" and watching the movies "outside".:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter