Is Sci-Fi Dine In really that bad??? advice pleeeeze!

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
The unofficial guide says sci-fi isn't very good. How about just for an appetizer or dessert? How is the atmosphere? I'm so curious....

My DH and I, and even my parents, always enjoy the Sci-Fi. You have to try it at least once, just for the really great atmosphere. Just go in knowing the the food is not gourmet, just diner-style. Although, when we went this past summer, I really enjoyed my food. I can definitely recommend the BLT soup and the onion rings.

I say just go for it!!! It is really neat inside! If you are worried about shelling out big bucks, go for a late lunch and either have appetizers and desserts, or split an entree. Ya'll will have fun!

No matter what the restaurant, you will find people who like it and people who don't. The Unofficial Guide has never liked it.

But if the menu appeals to you, give it a try. Never mins what other people think!

And yes, you can go just for appetizers or dessert if you like...

I've never had a bad meal there - it's a great themed restaurant with typical burger and fry food. Always had great service, too.

There are lovers and haters of every restaurant at WDW; you just have to choose the ones that appeal to you and try it for yourself =)

The atmosphere is cool, but the waiters used to all be on rollerblades and now only a few are, which isn't quite the same. We ate there recently and had the worst waitress that we have ever had in WDW. She was rude from the moment she walked up and unavailable throughout our meal. We even had to get out of the car and go back to the kitchen once to ask for some help once. Then when it was time for the check ( and the tip) she was all smiles. Yeah right! I know you can have bad service anywhere, but we have other favorites in MGM and will go elsewhere from now on.

We love the Sci Fi atmosphere, but the food is really mediocre. The kids enjoy it so much that we try to go each trip. They like eating in a car and watching the movie clips.

I love Sci-Fi.

I have a thing for the '50s atmosphere.

I guess it just depends if you like to sit in cars while eating . . .

The food is good.

We loved it. It was a little expensive but we had a great time took pictures with our waiter he was so cool.:rotfl:

We love Sci Fi..the atmosphere was great & so was the food. The kids loved watching the old movie clips & sitting in the car. We had a whole car to ourselves (5 of us) The car has 3 rows so you could fit 6 in a car.

i really love sci fi.. the atmosphere cant be beat and the food is good too.. i usually get the reuben sandwhich. we also get the BLT soup which is good too! you DEFINITELY have to try this place out.

On our last trip I had the shrimp penne pasta and it was absolutely delicious! The shrimp were huge and so well seasoned. My friend had the salmon which she loved. One of the kids had the ribs and the other had a burger. Every single one of us thought it was a wonderful meal.

My family and I really didnt care for this place at all, we went a few years ago and thought it was one of the worst restaurants we ever went to at WDW. On our last trip we figured we would give it another try but unfortunately the service was bad and the food even worse. The kids did like the atmosphere but that only lasted for about 10 minutes. Sorry but this family gives it a thumbs down

We always enjoy our annual sci-fi lunch, but we don't stray far from the cheesburger type meal. I wouldn't go there to enjoy a fine meal, but more of a casual experience. My kids always love it.

We love the Sci Fi and it is a must each trip. One of the most unique dining experiences at WDW. Food is good enough, Hey It's Drive In. We love the shakes, the Reuban and the Spinach Artichoke Dip is great.The French fries are pretty darn good too. Everyone should certainly try this out at least once.
My kids would never allow us to skip it. We usually pay OOP instead of using a TS DDP credit.:yay:

Wife and I ate there, the food was ok but the atmosphere was fun so we enjoyed it.

I agree with most of the posters that Sci-Fi is something you should experience at least once. We ate there last year. I was the only one who did not like my entree. I ordered some shrimp pasta thing. Stick with ribs and burgers. The spinach artichoke dip was great! It really is a cool atmosphere.

My husband & I went there for the first time a couple of years ago and we thought it was really cool (brought back memories of being a kid) and the food was not bad. Then we went back the following year and we were on the DDP at that time and the waiter was not friendly what so ever and the food was not that good. Needless to say we won't go back.

I've never eaten at Sci Fi because I'd heard that the only things they do well are burgers and fries. However, earlier this month I ate at ABC Commissary with a vegan friend and the chef (they share kitchen and chef with Sci-Fi) brought her the mango-glazed tofu dish he prepares at Sci Fi. I got to try some and it was sooooooo tasty! I think I'll be visiting Sci Fi on an upcoming trip.

Its OK. Stick to the basics and milkshakes. It is avery fun place to eat though especially with kids. It is not gourmet at its finest however

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter