Is Remy worth the charge if you do not drink wine?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by erinfarber, Mar 28, 2013.

1. erinfarber

erinfarber Mouseketeer

I have read many posts regarding Remy. Is it worth the 75.00 to visit Remy if neither of us us drinks wine. It seems as if Remy is more dedicated to the wine enthusiast, or at least those cruisers that enjoy wine. Am I wrong? If you have no desire to drink wine, is it worth it it to visit Remy?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

We love Remy. The dining experience is amazing. Although, the $75 does not include wine, that is an additional $100.

4. Pwac

Pwac Mouseketeer

My husband drinks wine and I do not. It was totally worth it. The food was AMAZING.

5. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

Remy is ABSOLUTELY worth the charge ... best bargain on the ship

As mentioned, the base charge does not include the wine.

6. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

Absolutely correct... We've dined at Remy 3 times, (the 4th coming up in June) we usually order ice tea with our meal, so trust me you will have an exceptional dinner w/o wine. ::yes::

7. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

We have dined at Remy for dinner 3 times and the newer lunch once. I am looking forward to going back. We will definitely do dinner and lunch again on our next eastern, although thats not for quite a while. Dining at Remy did play a role in my decision to cruise the Dream for a short getaway without the kids instead of doing RCCI or another line.

8. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

We've gone twice and have never ordered the wine pairing. It's great.

9. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

We've also booked the Remy lunch on our June cruise, and are really looking forward to it. We figure if lunch is half as good as dinner, it will be well worth it... ::yes::

10. erinfarber

erinfarber Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for all your replies. I was under the impression, one had to be a wine connoisseur to enjoy Remy, and I was definitely intimidated . I am so glad to hear that there are many others that enjoy Remy, without wine. Thanks again.

11. Sailingpartyof10

Sailingpartyof10 Mouseketeer

The Remy meal includes one cocktail, if I remember correctly, but I am sure you could ask for a non-alcoholic one if you prefer. I did have one drink before the meal but did not drink wine with dinner and still enjoyed the meal immensely. I do enjoy wine now and then but try to limit intake for a number of reasons, including that it is far easier for me to limit calories by not drinking than it is for me to say no to dessert. :) Remy is definitely wonderful with or without alcohol!

12. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

You will enjoy the Remy lunch, its really good. As far as wine, I had the complimentary glass of champagne at the beginning. During the lunch I had the sommelier pair the dessert with a nice dessert wine ... mmmmm

Our last cruise was great with dining. We were traveling with family and friends. We had a table of 10 for Palo brunch on the first full day (sea day). DW and I did Remy dinner and the lunch the next day with another couple. In lieu of having dinner at Palo, we had a little party in our suite, ordered Palo food for the suite for all the adults and did a run to bring back burgers, pizza, fries, etc for the kids

13. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Did the champagne pairing at brunch, but do not plan on doing the wine pairing with dinner. Don't be intimidated; they don't try to push if on you either! I thought it was BS when I read that people on the boards said they were addicted to Remy, but its totally true!!! It happens!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

14. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

The Colette is their signature cocktail and it is delicious.

1 whole blueberry
    1 mint leaf
    1 piece dried apricot
    5 oz. Champagne
    1 oz. pear-infused vodka

15. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

LOVE the Colette!! DW does not care for champagne nor vodka YET she really enjoyed the cocktail .. go figure

To the OP though, you do not have to drink alcohol to enjoy the wonderful meal. Even the complimentary cocktail can be substituted for a non alcoholic beverage. Enjoy!!

16. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Yesssssssss. Unless you do not like delicious food.