• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is recording separate from notifying DVC?

They looked it up through the contract number listed in our purchase paperwork.

I purchased an add-on that was recorded by OCC mid last week. When I look at my account on line, the contract is entered, but for some reason, the available points are not loaded (only the contract value). Is this a two step process (as I do not recall this with my previous purchases)?

We have been informed that they have received payment and all the documents from me and the seller. Timeshare Title reckon it will be around 2 weeks for closing.
I know it's dragging but we're just finally glad to be part of a place we love :)

I know if you purchase from a forigner you have to add your SSN, I think in most cases that is the way Disney gets it. If you buy from a US citizen, disney prob won't have your ssn. We closed on July 11th, disney said they had our info that day, though it wasn't loaded completely. It took 10 days, we called that Monday, gave our contract number from our closing paperwork, to accounting. They gave us everything we needed. We then called, MS to see if they could bank the 2013 points that would expire on July 31 and to get our online activation code.

Here is an update on our situation. We closed three weeks ago and we're still not showing up with Disney yet. DH called someone again yesterday at DVC and he was very helpful and told him they had not received everything from our title company. He's now been in contact with the title company to see what is going on. We've been showing up on the Comptroller site for two weeks. The title company feels someone on their end has dropped the ball somewhere. I am very frustrated. We started this process mid May.

Oh no! That's too bad! I hope you don't have a trip soon that you need to book?

So just called member accounting and they say my name is in the system but there isn't a membership number. How does that make any sense?

Maybe that's what they are saying now instead of just refusing to give it to you? Or, they've just started entering your info and haven't made it that far.

On a side note, we are in Disney now on a last-minute trip. My husband was able to stop at SSR and get his new member card printed so we could go to the TOTWL. It is much nicer than our previous one!

I purchased an add-on that was recorded by OCC mid last week. When I look at my account on line, the contract is entered, but for some reason, the available points are not loaded (only the contract value). Is this a two step process (as I do not recall this with my previous purchases)?
Yes, it can take 1-3 days for points to be loaded after the contract is transferred.

So just called member accounting and they say my name is in the system but there isn't a membership number. How does that make any sense?
They have to get your information into the system before they can associated a contract with you. You'll probably be able to get your member number tomorrow and have points in the account by the end of the week.

MattMo said:

When I first called and was told I was in the system I still had zero points and was told it could take another 7-10 days for points I called back just before 5 and my points were there just a few hours later. So I do think they could be adding as you call and just not done yet.

When I first called and was told I was in the system I still had zero points and was told it could take another 7-10 days for points I called back just before 5 and my points were there just a few hours later. So I do think they could be adding as you call and just not done yet.

Same thing here. They told me it would take another 3-4 weeks and the points were loaded the next day.

Disney has our deed now, I'm still not sure what the hold up with First American was. I have not been very impressed with First American. This whole process, any information we've got we've had to go to them and seek it out even confirmation that we had closed. I will not deal with them again if I can help. So anyways Disney said that it's still going to be another two weeks before membership number is issued.

Disney has our deed now, I'm still not sure what the hold up with First American was. I have not been very impressed with First American. This whole process, any information we've got we've had to go to them and seek it out even confirmation that we had closed. I will not deal with them again if I can help. So anyways Disney said that it's still going to be another two weeks before membership number is issued.

Wow! What a pain, I'm glad you're finally getting through the system. Here's to a speedy 2 weeks!

I have used First American on all of my purchases and Cammy has been fine. I find that Disney has a strange process for loading the points (several steps with different departments and none can give you any information outside of their department). One department told me it would be an additional 3-4 weeks from my call to get my points loaded and they were loaded the next day.

So just called back today and got a similar response. "We have your name and email in our system but no points or membership number yet." Like what the heck. Driving me nuts.

MattMo said:
So just called back today and got a similar response. "We have your name and email in our system but no points or membership number yet." Like what the heck. Driving me nuts.

When was the deed recorded on the OCC site?

Then that makes sense. It took exactly 13 days from mine showing up on the occ till I was set up and had points. So your probably looking at the beginning of next week. Hopefully sooner if your lucky.

Then that makes sense. It took exactly 13 days from mine showing up on the occ till I was set up and had points. So your probably looking at the beginning of next week. Hopefully sooner if your lucky.

Alright sorry then guess I'm being a bit overexcited :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter