Is Pop better then the other All Star resorts

nuge67

Mouseketeer
I thought I heard it cost more to stay there then the other All Star resorts, if so, why?

It does cost a bit more, though it hasn't always. I'm not sure why it does not other than it's newer and has it's own bus service rather than sharing like All Stars do.

It does cost a bit more, though it hasn't always. I'm not sure why it does not other than it's newer and has it's own bus service rather than sharing like All Stars do.

Maybe the bus service alone is worth the extra $?

IMO Pop is a better resort choice than the rest of the All Stars. For me the dedicated bus service alone is enough to sell it! Its also a newer resort with a little better layout imo. We also really enjoy the theming, food court and gift shop at POP.

I say no, and I have stayed at all the all stars and pop. Personally, I think pop is too large and spread out and like the all stars a tiny bit better but would stay at any value again.

As for bus service, that is one thing that just gets me. Yes, pop has dedicated buses. The all stars rarely share and usually not in the mornings or at park closings. We have stayed at busy times and at value seasons and this was the case. During midday yes, they are likely sharing and it's not a big deal. While pop is dedicated, they're busy. It's a large resort. During our stay the buses were always filled to capacity and there were times we left people waiting.

As for costing more, I heard it had to do with the tax rate and that it was in another county. I have zero idea if that is true and hadn't cared enough to look. My guess is that WDW can make a few more bucks a night from people willing to pay more so they raised the price.

Yes, it is newer but the room sizes are the same at it and the all stars. It is not, however, the most recently renovated. That would be all star movies which completed a renovation at the end of last year. Movies is our personal favorite value (although we haven't stayed at aoa yet) because of its compact size (no need to spend extra on a preferred room) and we like the theming here best.

It costs more as it is in a different county with a different tax rate.

I like its food court better, but overall I prefer AS.

I like its food court better, but overall I prefer AS.

Pop Century is located in Orange County, The All Star resorts are located in Osceola County. I am not sure of the exact numbers, but they do have differnt tax rates.

Orange County Sales tax is 6.5%, plus a 6% hotel tax, for a total of 12.5%. Osceola County (All Stars, WWOS, and the McDonalds near All Star are the only parts of Disney property located in Osceola County) has a 7% sales tax, plus a 6% hotel tax, for a total of 13%.

Orange County Sales tax is 6.5%, plus a 6% hotel tax, for a total of 12.5%. Osceola County (All Stars, WWOS, and the McDonalds near All Star are the only parts of Disney property located in Osceola County) has a 7% sales tax, plus a 6% hotel tax, for a total of 13%.

I thought AKL was also in Osceola county, so also had the 13% tax rate?:confused3 I know I once did a split stay at WL and AKL. AKL was just a tad more expensive and when I asked the CM why, she told me it was because AKL was in Osceola county while WL was in Orange county and the Osceola tax rate was about a 1/2% more.

I like Pop better. I've only stayed at All Star Sports but the biggest thing I did not like was stopping on the bus at all of the other resorts. Pop goes directly to the park (unless it doesn't now with Art of Animation open so nearby). The rooms in Pop seem a little cleaner/fresher than the All Star Sports one we stayed in as well.

I thought AKL was also in Osceola county, so also had the 13% tax rate?:confused3 I know I once did a split stay at WL and AKL. AKL was just a tad more expensive and when I asked the CM why, she told me it was because AKL was in Osceola county while WL was in Orange county and the Osceola tax rate was about a 1/2% more.

Nope, AKL is at the very end of Osceola Pkwy, which is the dividing line between Orange and Osceola counties, but it is on the Orange county side of the line.

It does cost a bit more, though it hasn't always.
I remember when POP was the same price as the All Stars (and POFQ was the same price as POR).

I don't think the difference in price has to to do with the tax rate as Syracuse Wolvrine pointed out the tax rate for the All Stars is higher than POP. Disney quotes rates including taxes and a quote for POP is higher than All Stars.
I think that Disney has determined that some hotels are more desirable (have a greater percentage of rooms that are booked) than others which is why there are rate differences. They have even gone so far as to break down the room categories from the two that they used to have (they just had preferred and standard now they have have preferred, standard, preferred pool view, standard pool view, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter