Is Pirates still splashy?

We rode it several times last week. I was thinking about this issue when I was loading on. Never saw any water on the bottom of my rows and I checked b/c that is where I put my bag. I don't think I ever rode in the front. Seems like we were always in the middle (front to back).

Went rode it 4 times last week. Even got put in the front row on a jammed packed boat. We didn't get wet. Maybe a light spray from a cannon ball effect but not wet from the drop.

Rode in the very front of a boat twice over the past two days - got a misting of water the first time and a slightly more damp arm the second. This was during the drop. Glad it was just dd and me in the boat as the edges of the front seat were quite wet. In the past, we have gotten really soaked from the canon ball effect after the drop. That was not an issue during either of these rides.

So, did they actually implement a fix for the problem, or was the problem just overblown to begin with? I never experienced the total soakage that some claimed, though I did see more standing water in the bottom of the boats. If they did do something to fix it, what was the solution?

Last edited:
Sounds like they corrected whatever was causing the drenchings people were getting months back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter