Is milk included using a refillable mug?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I just don't remember if you could get milk or not with the mugs.

Not in Sept at the POP--coke products, iced teas, coffee, cocoa, tea. No milk. Small creamers for coffee/tea.

Which really begs the question... why even include the mugs for children?

Not all children drink only milk and juice. Lemonade, punch and powerade are available at many of the drink stations, as is hot chocolate. I've known kids who like iced tea. and some kids are probably allowed to drink soda.

I just don't remember if you could get milk or not with the mugs.
Which really begs the question... why even include the mugs for children?

1) Milk is not included.
2) WDW must spend money to buy milk.
3) Soda, vended lemonade, etc do not cost WDW money.
4) WDW does not give things away.
5) As for kids, many kids drink soda.

The only offering my son will drink is the light lemonade - which he loves!!
(I don't allow soft drinks or tea due to the amount of sugar and caffeine). :yay:

We aren't getting the kiddos refillable mugs this time(first time we haven't). I allow them to have pop during meals, but not so close to bed times(when we are usually at the resort...) I feel we have wasted money on them on past trips. I would totally pay for a mug if milk was included.

P.S. I'm a dental hygienist, so maybe the opinion is a bit skewed.:laughing:

To each family, their own. I would not typically allow my young children to consume soda or artificial juices. Real juices are fine, but not the artificial juices available at the drink station. So for my kids, the mugs are a ridiculous waste.

That of course is up to you. On the dining plan every family member gets a mug anyway and you can decide how to use it. I can't imagine them removing the mug on the child's dining plan because some parents don't allow their child to drink anything that's available at the drink station. Many parents do.

If you're not on the dining plan of course you can absolutely choose not to purchase mugs for the kids.

When DS & DD were younger, we didn't purchase the refillable mugs for them; just got 2 of them. Airports weren't as strict, so we packed a bunch of juiceboxes (applejuice) and gave them those. We bought a larger milk at the gift shop for breakfast.

Last time there, we were on dining plan so just got them for free. They'd usually get lemonade, punch, poweraid or the occasional soda, as well as get bottled juice or milk with their meals.

It's a lot cheaper for Disney to give refills on sodas/lemonade/punch than on juice or milk. I don't know of any restaurant locally that would give free refills on those, so didn't really expect it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter