Is Mickey a Captain or a Jedi? Both! - May '15 Land & Sea ~ Updated 6/14: Trip Report Started!

Right? ::yes:: :rotfl:

Oh my goodness, where in the world did she get that from?! :lmao:
I have no idea. She knows I go to "work" every day, but I guess to her that means dusting and picnicking? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Totally! Okay, not sure where my quote went, but definitely keep me updated on your DLR dates in November! That would be great to meet you and Dug and have our kids meet!:goodvibes
That would be awesome. I'll send you a PM with more details. :goodvibes

:rotfl: That's something I'd totally say! But it is a lot of fun.
Looks super fun! :hyper:

She didn't like it?! I love how relaxing it is! No kids, no screaming. Just peace and quiet with the waves hitting the shore and the occasional server walking around asking if you want a tropical drink :thumbsup2 I sold you on the bolded right?!
Sounds great to me! :cloud9: I believe that she preferred the family beach, but didn't dislike the adult beach. However, I think she also hit the family beach when it was emptying out, so probably not a lot of screaming kids left. :confused3

Very smart, got to remember this.
I thought that was an excellent idea! I wouldn't have thought of it myself. :disrocks:

I believe there was a time limit at one point. In fact, the second to last time :-)rotfl:- cause we do this all the time!) we were told that they were enforcing that dummies must be taken within a certain period and could no longer be pushed back. But then they got rid of that so we were able to push it again! I know we're bad.
So there's not one anymore? :confused: If so, that's great! :cool1:

That thing would suddenly need FP+! :stitch2:

Wow, not that it's a bad thing for guests, but i'm shocked they extended the hours after a 24 hour party. Cool!
I was surprised too. And that they extended Epcot's hours that same night. :eek:

That would be awesome! Wonder how hot it would be though?
Might be toasty, so it would have to be for a limited time. :ewok:

Haven't been, but have seen pics and this place looks amazing.
Looking forward to seeing it!

I do think this scenario happened to me in January. I can't remember which park, but I was just looking at other available times for an attraction and I when I went back to my homepage, it had cancelled my FP :confused3
:scared1: That's what I was afraid of, but it all worked out okay for me. :faint:

This always happens to me too. More especially with a kid :rotfl:
Yep, kid is my motivator, for sure! ::yes::

Oh WHAT?!?! But we're you're DIS brothers and sisters, you can't do that to us! :eek:;)
:blush: Sorry. See my hint earlier about it being a place that is not a secret to google and that Rob would approve of. ;)

I saw the trailer too and it's something I'd definitely want to see!
Looked really fun!

Totally understand. It would be very frustrating.
:headache: It's been so hard to plan this trip! Too many moving pieces!

Ooh these look delicious! The ham one especially.:faint:
They were yummy! The WDW ham one was better, as it had prosciutto and such, but this was decent (leftover ham and a slice of cheese only).

Cool got to look into this!
I'm excited that I don't have to stand at the desk while the CM runs like 30 gift cards now! :thumbsup2

This will be the best way to end a vacation for sure!
I'm glad we got that one!

I remember seriously considering doing this for our last trip because of your experience. I think it would be a great idea!
I might check into it. Would be nice if we could do it.

Love all your ideas and never even thought about going to Party City to look for items! I forgot about all the small items and stuffers they have, but I especially love the little camera!
I kinda wish I'd just gone there in the first place and scooped up some handfuls of Disney trinkets and called it good. :rotfl:

I'm fairly certain Dug and I will need to do laundry now - there's no way we have that many hot-weather-appropriate changes of clothes. :rotfl:

All your changes - proposed or otherwise ;) - look great! I think I was able to keep up with them all :rotfl:
:thumbsup2 Glad you could follow along! :faint:

I think the ideas for the gifts are awesome! I think the bubbles and stickers would be very entertaining for kids in that age group :thumbsup2
Thanks for the feedback! I think the bubbles would be pretty fun off a verandah! :idea:

Sucks you all are sick but I do think this is good sign for a healthy trip - which I think is a goo trade-off :thumbsup2
I sure hope so! :goodvibes

Hope your first choice for H&V works out - though I think your back up sounds good. I tend to be paranoid about leaving plenty of time so a 6:25 ADR gives you extra time if there are delays, etc to get to Fantasmic! with time to get good seats, etc.
Thanks - I actually have an update on that from tonight! :rolleyes1

Man I feel like we slack with getting professional picture as we have only done Olivia twice, Peter once, and never with Emma yet :rotfl2:. Your photo shoot at the Poly was great though so doing another sounds like a good idea :thumbsup2
Well, it helps to know good photographers who are a bargain! :teacher: But we've done something roughly every 6 months, so it would be nice to keep that up. We'll see. It's not like we don't have 47,000 cell phone pictures of her, after all. :rotfl2:

You fish extender stuff looks great . I like the idea of the "eye scream" but if one kid is dairy intolerant might not be best. I am sure the younger ones would love bubbles and stickers, and those little viewfinders are cute and different.
I looked back and realized it is two of the kids that have dairy allergies. :sad2: I'm thinking of going to the bubbles and viewfinders, maybe. Still pondering. :scratchin

Man, I am just thinking that if everyone else put as much thought and effort into this you are going to come back with a ton of stuff!:eek:
Maybe. I don't know, this whole thing is kind-of intimidating to me. All the Fish Extender posts I've seen (in other TRs) are all super crafty and they're making awesome customized, personalized things. :faint: I know at least one person in our group customized something for everyone. We'll see what we end up with, I guess.

That works out great to see FoF that day! Perfect. And great use of nap time with the FP's :)
I am so much happier with this afternoon now that we got that worked out!

I hope it passes quickly for you!
I hope so too. Dug's has been dragging on FOREVER. :sad2:

You could plan to show up like 15 minutes late? I know on our Cali Grill night we are planning to show up early because I can't find an earlier ADR.
Good point. Of course, knowing us, we might be 15 minutes late by accident, so we might be unwise to "plan" it and end up 30 minutes late. :rotfl:

Honestly if you'll be in DHS already, I would do this route personally. Show up early to MM and a little late to H&V. It shouldn't be too bad. That will free up your next afternoon. Just what I would do :)
We're actually not planning DHS that day, which is why that was so awkward. It's an Epcot morning with hopes of the Boardwalk pool in the afternoon, then a free evening. So, we'd have to leave Epcot, go to DHS for lunch, come back to Boardwalk with really limited time for nap and swimming, then back to DHS for dinner and hanging around the rest of the evening for Fantasmic. :faint: Luckily, I finally snagged a much better option tonight! :thumbsup2

I haven't gotten to this day yet, but we did this and really loved the photos we received. I think for the price it is totally worth it, though our Poly shoot was better IMO (just a better photographer) but I think that was luck of the draw. But what I REALLY wanted to comment on was that these were VERY limited time slots. I called months in advance and I think they were only doing 1 day or 2 days per week at the BC and only certain times. That's how we ended up nixing Beaches & Cream and doing the photoshoot before ANdrew headed off on his flight home.
Wow, that is really good to know! I think we'll try to check into it this week and see if it's even an option for us! Thanks! :goodvibes

I didn't do the fish extender on our cruise (boring, I know, just didn't have the time or energy) but all of your ideas sound wonderful. Considering the dairy allergy I might nix the monster ice cream if you can't find bowls (though green bowls could work and they can decorate w/ stickers?) but the other cute things you found would be fun too. Aria has a Jake sword that shows different scenes from jake and the neverland pirates and she loves it, so I think the mickey viewfinder would be cute esp for the 2/3 year olds.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I didn't want to put the time and energy into the FE either, so I wasn't going to do it. But Dug said he really wanted to. And, of course, I'm the one doing all the legwork on it. :sad2: Hope it's fun once we get on board. I think it will be. I'm thinking the ice cream is out, as I realized it's two of the kids that have dairy allergies.

Did you try it out at home or out and about? Aria was SO tiny when we was newly potty trained that she just couldn't use the big seat, which is why we did the travel one (seriously she has the smallest bum ever hahahaha), but I know we didn't use it much at home, but we always used it while out. Hopefully she will want to use it when out, just tell her the seat is yucky or something.
That is a great idea about telling her the seat is yucky - she is really into "yucky, ewwwww!", especially around toilets. Also, she actually wanted to (and did) use it tonight (at home)! :cheer2:

Yuck. Hope you're all feeling better soon. I've been fighting a cold for a few days too. Just something about this time of year, going back and forth from 70 degrees one day to 50 the next always does that to me.
You're right, this time of year can bring them on. Hope you feel better soon too. I yawned through work today and am sitting her sniffling while I type. :sick:

Great! I'm glad it all worked out!
Me too!

Good luck!
Thanks, it worked! :goodvibes

Looks fine to me. I mean, 3:50 is a perfect time for an ice cream break. Maybe not a full meal, but it would be a good time for a snack.
Given the new ADR I got, I think this will probably need to go. :sad1: Guess I will be stalking for other Beaches & Cream ADRs now.

Sorry for confusing you. :goodvibes

I can only imagine...
I barely know what's going on anymore. :rotfl:

Great idea! I'm sure they'd love them. But then you're also mentioning bubbles and stickers. I think any of them would be a hit with the smaller kids. Stickers, maybe not so much of a hit with the parents and DCL people though. Let's face it, kids want to put their stickers on EVERYTHING.
That is a good point. I, personally, hate stickers on things. ::yes::

Great idea!
Can't usually go too wrong with candy.

You are overthinking it. You've definitely got some good ideas and are more creative than I am.
I don't know about creative. Just trying to keep my eyes open for decent things at good prices. Open a Fish Extender idea thread and it's just pure intimidation for non-crafty folks like me. :scared:

Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks! :goodvibes

A few more ideas for you. The puzzle/colors, stickers/markers & dry erase board are all from the Dollar Tree. The word find book is from the Target Dollar Spot.
Thank you for the ideas! :thumbsup2

Bubbles are always a good choice for toddlers. DS can't seem to get enough. Same with the colors. I thought the word find books might be good for the older kids. They had a few different themes.
I like the idea of the word find books for the older kids! Do you think it would be okay for a 5-year-old? :confused3

Not sure why the upside down photos but you get the point. Darn photobucket.
They look right now! :thumbsup2 (sometimes my phone shows things upside-down, but my computer does not :confused:)

Thank you for your support! :goodvibes

Finally caught up. It looks like the changes you made will be good but I do admit its a little confusing. I'm glad you were able to benefit from the changes to the tiers for SWW shows. I know that really helped me out.
That was really cool - I'm glad it was able to get us RnRC! :cool1: Glad it helped you too! :goodvibes

I like the fish extender gifts :thumbsup2.
Thanks!

Also, love the waffles you made, yum.
They were really tasty! Yay for the DIS-inspiration! :rotfl:

Your trip is getting really close, its so exciting :cheer2:. Can't wait to see the things you ordered.
I'm really excited to see how things turned out! :hyper:

Hoping everyone gets their sickness out of the way now! Fingers crossed!
Me too! I want us all feeling 100% by the time we take off. pixiedust:

Glad this worked out for you and made lunch plans move along nicely!
Me too!

Certainly confused but it seems like you have lots of options and back ups! I hope you find those last few ADRs that will make everything fall into place!
I think I'm one step closer now! :thumbsup2

Great idea! I bet there are some beautiful back drops at Beach Club!
I think so too!

As far as the Fish Extender gifts, everything looks great! I think putting some candy in the water bottles is a good idea! And the viewfinder is cute for the young kids. Bubbles are fun too! If you need something else to fill it in, what about those play packs (coloring book, crayons, stickers) that are $1 at Target/Walmart/Party City. We love those when we are heading out to dinner!
True, those play packs are fun. We actually are bringing some Star Wars ones to trade with the Jawas at the Sci Fi breakfast!

Dress My Kid

Okay, a few housekeeping matters. Most important, I got this tonight:

I'm going to give credit to @hokieinpa - I saw your post saying you hope I find those last ADRs and I was like, "hmmm, I haven't tried for a few minutes" and went and checked and BINGO! :cheer2:

So, this ADR is Jedi Mickey's at 5:10pm on 5/24 WITH Fantasmic. What that means is that we don't have to trek over (from Epcot) to Mama Melrose for lunch in order to have a Fantasmic package. Plus, we don't need to trek back to DHS the next night (after Stormalong Bay) to eat at Jedi Mickey's. It's all here in one formerly-free evening. I only wish that I still had the Beaches and Cream dinner on 5/25, but I'd had to cancel that when it conflicted with a back-up Jedi Mickey meal, so it's long-gone. :sad: Will keep searching for a replacement or a lunch there on 5/24.

I am relieved that I have a work-able option. I'd prefer it be closer to 6pm and will keep an eye out, but we can do this. :thumbsup2

Secondly, I just have some random things to share that I saw today. One is that the lady who made Izzy's birthday cakes posted this on her Facebook page today and I thought it was appropriate for SWW (and pretty cool):

I also was in the Target company store today and thought you'd enjoy seeing Bullseye dressed as Malificent :maleficen:

I was actually there checking to see if they still have those high-five highlighters, and they do! :thumbsup2

So, the main reason for this post is to share Izzy's wardrobe choices for the trip. Normally, I've thought things through and put together outfits by now. This trip, I hadn't really planned to do much, but then went crazy buying new shirts for her. :rotfl2: So, we have options now. Of course, they could all be rejected by her in short order. She gets really picky about what she wears sometimes. :sad:

I set up a lovely Photobucket album (and sub-albums) for anyone who enjoys putting together toddler outfits for Disney. This is purely an optional activity. :goodvibes But feel free to go in and find links to outfits that work and where you'd have her wear them and post them here. :thumbsup2

This should link you there: http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/library/Izzy Wardrobe?sort=3&page=1

I was very happy that I picked up 5 more pairs of shorts for her today. We had a clothing swap at work (all the Target moms) and I brought in 5 old outfits that Izzy never wore (hand-me-down things from an aunt's neighbor?), then left with 5 pairs of shorts, which we needed! :hyper:

We also acquired an extra dress from MIL that she wants Izzy to wear on the trip. I'm not so sure about that, as it's not Disney-fied and Izzy is really resistant to dresses (especially ones from MIL, it seems):

Oh, MIL also gave us an "Anna dress" (i.e. - a dress that she thinks looks sort-of like Anna's dress):

Izzy said she'd wear it to meet Anna and Elsa on Mickey's boat. We'll see...

Oh, on a tangent, here are the couple new shirts I have for myself:

I also have an array of older shirts, some Disney ones and a couple Frozen, I think. I was debating if I wear the Star Wars shirt (my only one) at the Sci Fi breakfast or for our Feel the Force package day - but then realized, if we do laundry, I could do both (separate weekends).

But back to Izzy's clothes - they're much cuter! :lovestruc

I got her a couple new pairs of jammies tonight, since I had Kohl's Cash to spend:

She really only has her "Hawaii jammies" (2 pairs) for summer pajamas that fit. Of course, she is wanting to (and succeeding at) sleeping in her clothes half the time lately. :rotfl2:

I put in an album for long-sleeved items, but I'm sure it will be too hot to bring more than 1 or 2. Maybe the Toy Story one for when we go to the Open House in Andy's Room on the Dream? :confused3:

I really like some of those other outfits, but probably just too hot. Maybe the long-sleeve Minnie tee would be okay, since it's pretty thin:

Other things I have in mind are this dress for breakfast in Cinderella's castle:

And if all efforts fail to get her to wear that, at least this shirt with shorts:

(Note that there is a Princess shirt subfolder in the Short Sleeves folder, by the way).

This shirt for Pirate Night on the Dream:

This for the Sci Fi breakfast:

This for the Feel the Force package day:

She wore this the last couple times she went to Animal Kingdom, but I think it still fits:

Probably this one for Akershus:

It would be cute if I could get her in this our first night when we do the Character Spot. I have some photos from June with it where she matches Minnie:

And I just wanted to add that I'm pleased there are now Olaf shirts for girls, as I was only finding boy ones (and buying them anyway) last summer. But now we have this too:

That's about all the clear ideas I have. Obviously, all the tops and bottoms need to be matched up and there are a lot of days/parts of days that need outfits. I'm thinking she'll need two per day (at least), as she's going to sweat up the first one napping in the stroller.

Feel free to share any ideas! :goodvibes

ETA on 4/30/15 morning - just added this ADR!!!:

Last edited:

The puzzle pads say ages 5 & up. They are fairly large print with 8 words to find per puzzle. So I would think they would be easy enough for 5 year olds.

So, this ADR is Jedi Mickey's at 5:10pm on 5/24 WITH Fantasmic. What that means is that we don't have to trek over (from Epcot) to Mama Melrose for lunch in order to have a Fantasmic package.
That's great! I'm glad something finally opened up for you!

So, we have options now. Of course, they could all be rejected by her in short order. She gets really picky about what she wears sometimes. :sad:
Yep... we go through the same thing. The trick we use is that we let DD pick her own outfit, but only let her see 2 things. She usually wants the second one she sees. We just can't let her realize there are 10 or so other options in a drawer somewhere or she'll want to dig through everything to pick something out.

We also acquired an extra dress from MIL that she wants Izzy to wear on the trip. I'm not so sure about that, as it's not Disney-fied and Izzy is really resistant to dresses (especially ones from MIL, it seems):
:rotfl2: Maybe a dinner on the boat? :confused3

Oh, MIL also gave us an "Anna dress" (i.e. - a dress that she thinks looks sort-of like Anna's dress):
Well... there is a slight resemblance. :rotfl:
Of course, she is wanting to (and succeeding at) sleeping in her clothes half the time lately. :rotfl2:
Nothing wrong with that. If she's comfortable and sleeping, that's a win.

Feel free to share any ideas! :goodvibes
Yeah, I'll leave that to others. I don't even put outfits together for our own kids. DW never likes the results when I do, so I refuse to do it anymore. :rotfl:

Great news! Ice cream for everyone!!!!!

So glad you got the H&V with Fantasmic ADR you wanted - will just make things a lot easier not to "have" to make extra trips and I can kinda sense it will just lower the stress a bit for you :goodvibes

This is purely an optional activity. :goodvibes

First reaction: Can I still get an 'A' in the course if I don't do the optional activity?
Second reaction: I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO MATH!!!!

I must say the "Anna dress" does look like a pretty good fit and Anna might actually get a kick out of a kid in a real dress that fits in as opposed to a costume dress

And that's great you got the beaches and cream ADR as well - obviously taking a lot of effort on your part but things do seem to be working out! .... you know, until Disney makes more changes/adds more things to SWW :rotfl:

Just have to sneak in a quick update from work here. I think I should probably not be allowed to shop in the month before a trip. I went over to Target on my break to get another box of Kleenex for my cold and came out with this shirt for me (and the Kleenex, don’t worry):

I mean, how could I not wear that on our trip? Last trip, Minnie indicated that she wanted to put Izzy in her pocket and now I can have Minnie in my pocket. It’s too perfect. And I did decide, when I looked through my closet this morning, that I don’t have enough Disney shirts.

Also, I had the best cashier for this. She saw the shirt and said how cute it was and I told her I was going to Disney in 2 weeks (from today!!) She got all excited and told me about how her parents own DVC. She’s getting married soon and they said they can’t pay for the wedding, but the Disney honeymoon’s on them. Nice! She also has been on the Disney Dream and loved it. She was really excited for us. It was so sweet – I could have talked to her all day, but had to come back and “work.”

Also, I went to take a gander at the Dollar Spot for those word search books for the Fish Extender gifts. And they had them, but then I saw a bunch of other things too and have TOO.MANY.IDEAS and don’t know what to do. Any thoughts on any of these things for either kid group (5 and up or 4 and under)?

I think these were all one dollar.

This domino game seemed fun and comes in a number of variations (Frozen, Minnie, etc.):

IMG_4010_zpsubis7yue.jpg

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html']
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4010_zpsubis7yue.jpg.html']This little wristlet could be cute for the toddler girls, but there’s only two of them (and Izzy). Again, various characters available:
[/URL][/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html']
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html']
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Land%20and%20Sea%20PTR/IMG_4014_zpshvzlpijc.jpg.html']

Considering there are bathtubs on the Dream, maybe these could be fun? (if they’re allowed?) Again, various characters on them, I think including Olaf for boys:

Stickers that come with their own book to put them in:

Sorry, my formatting went insane when I tried to edit and fix one letter - I guess this is why I don't post from work. Blah. Anyway, at least the pics are there again...[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
Somehow, I just knew you'd end up with another shirt before the trip. :rotfl2:

Sounds like a wonderful cashier. Always nice to find another Disney fan out in the real world.

I like the domino games. Looks simple and easy and I'm sure the kids could have fun with them. The wristlet could be a good one for both the toddler girls and the older ones as well.

I love your choices on the fish extender gifts. I think the eye scream idea is great, but I'm sure you could do something easier that would require less running around. I love the dominos and the stickers - stickers are always great!

I'm so happy that you got a prime H&V dinner that you wanted! I'm glad your stalking finally paid off! :thumbsup2 It should be much easier now that you don't have to bounce back and forth and can enjoy a full afternoon at Stormalong Bay!

Then there's this:

WHAT?! We're going to be at Beaches and Cream at the SAME TIME?!?! :woohoo: That's totally awesome! I'm so glad you found an ADR for this! (And I look forward to having a good shot at meeting you!)

cute shirt - ... plus, how does one definite "enough" Disney anything really ;)

We have a princess domino game and Olivia enjoys that so that might be good ... Plus I kinda feel like you can't go wrong with stickers for little kids

:dogdance::dancer:party:
So, we have options now. Of course, they could all be rejected by her in short order. She gets really picky about what she wears sometimes. :sad:
I dread the day this starts happening! ::yes::

:rotfl:You can always put it on her quickly and get a picture and then change her. MIL would never know! :rotfl:

It seems hot. But indeed annaish.
But back to Izzy's clothes - they're much cuter! :lovestruc
Toddler girl clothes just seem to work out that way don't they?

Other things I have in mind are this dress for breakfast in Cinderella's castle:
:thumbsup2
This shirt for Pirate Night on the Dream:
Cute!

Love how your plans are coming together!

I'm going to give credit to @hokieinpa - I saw your post saying you hope I find those last ADRs and I was like, "hmmm, I haven't tried for a few minutes" and went and checked and BINGO! :cheer2:

So, this ADR is Jedi Mickey's at 5:10pm on 5/24 WITH Fantasmic. What that means is that we don't have to trek over (from Epcot) to Mama Melrose for lunch in order to have a Fantasmic package. Plus, we don't need to trek back to DHS the next night (after Stormalong Bay) to eat at Jedi Mickey's.

That's great that you were able to grab this! That makes for such a less stressful day of running around. Thumbs up!

Love this! Hmm...now you got me thinking of a possible 3rd birthday SW party:scratchin

I was very happy that I picked up 5 more pairs of shorts for her today. We had a clothing swap at work (all the Target moms) and I brought in 5 old outfits that Izzy never wore (hand-me-down things from an aunt's neighbor?), then left with 5 pairs of shorts, which we needed! :hyper:

That is very cool and great that you have people with kids around the same size too!

So adorable! Totally an Anna dress.

Have you posted this one before? I love the look of this one.

I'm thinking she'll need two per day (at least), as she's going to sweat up the first one napping in the stroller.

::yes::

:banana::banana::banana:I bet you were so happy when that became available!

Yeah, you couldn't pass this one up. Very cute!

DS would love this!

Let's see. Two more weeks to go right? I'm gonna say one more shirt purchase for Dugette and 3 more for Izzy, what do you think?? :lmao:

I'm going to give credit to @hokieinpa - I saw your post saying you hope I find those last ADRs and I was like, "hmmm, I haven't tried for a few minutes" and went and checked and BINGO!

So happy I could help! :thumbsup2 But really just glad that everything seems to be falling into place with all of your ADRs!!

Very cute shirt! I don't think there is ever too many Disney shirts.

All of Izzy's outfits look great! I think the Ariel dress is super cute and will be perfect for CRT!

I think the dominoes games and sticker books will be great for the under 5 crowd! I do like the bath drops but would worry that it might make a mess in the room/luggage going there or home.

Yay on getting the new ADR and having those plans all work out perfectly! All the shirts are great and new jammies are cute too. Love your new Minnie shirt :)

Dominoes would be fun, I know Aria likes to play regular dominoes (we play Chicken Feet with them) so I bet they'd be a hit. Plus a little game like that is nice to have when traveling.

That's awesome you got the ADRs you wanted!. I'm still hopelessly searching for a better Sci-Fi breakfast to no avail:sad2:. Love all the shirts, the Andy's room one is perfect for the ship. If the ship is like any indoor place at WDW:cold:, long sleeves will probably be perfect. I think the shirts you have so far are great for what you have planned :thumbsup2.

The puzzle pads say ages 5 & up. They are fairly large print with 8 words to find per puzzle. So I would think they would be easy enough for 5 year olds.
Thanks! I think I am going with this idea for the 5-13 year olds! :goodvibes

That's great! I'm glad something finally opened up for you!
Me too! :faint: I can only hit "Find a Table" so many times per day without completely losing my mind. :crazy2:

Yep... we go through the same thing. The trick we use is that we let DD pick her own outfit, but only let her see 2 things. She usually wants the second one she sees. We just can't let her realize there are 10 or so other options in a drawer somewhere or she'll want to dig through everything to pick something out.
I think our problem is that Izzy has her whole wardrobe memorized. She doesn't have to see them, she just knows they are there. :eek: Also, at home, the shirts hanging in her closet are organized into four sections (silly as this sounds, it's practical): doggies, meow-meows, Minnie, and Other (non-character or non-Minnie characters). I'm worried that she's going to make demands for doggies and meow-meows on the trip and I wasn't planning to bring those. I might have to throw in one of each if worse comes to worse. I guess the Marie the Cat shirt has a meow meow, at least. :confused3 Maybe i need to find her a shirt with Dug or Pluto on it too. :scratchin

:rotfl2: Maybe a dinner on the boat? :confused3
Not a bad idea at all! :idea:

Well... there is a slight resemblance. :rotfl:
It's Anna-esque, I guess.

Nothing wrong with that. If she's comfortable and sleeping, that's a win.
Yep, gotta pick your battles. Tonight, she's in pajama pants (with cats), but a regular shirt - with a cat. :rotfl2: Her demands.

Yeah, I'll leave that to others. I don't even put outfits together for our own kids. DW never likes the results when I do, so I refuse to do it anymore. :rotfl:
You know what's funny? Dug actually dresses Izzy most days, since he brings her to daycare after I've left for work. He does pretty well, but he also comes up with combinations that can only work on a toddler - like "all polka dots" or "all stripes" or (the best) "all animal prints". :lmao: It's pretty awesome and the other daycare kids get a kick out of her outfits sometimes. :rotfl2:

Great news! Ice cream for everyone!!!!!
:cool1: No Way Jose, here I come! It's been too long...

So glad you got the H&V with Fantasmic ADR you wanted - will just make things a lot easier not to "have" to make extra trips and I can kinda sense it will just lower the stress a bit for you :goodvibes
Definitely lowers the stress. I feel SO much better about things now. Not gonna lie, I still am checking for a slightly later time slot, but this will work too.

First reaction: Can I still get an 'A' in the course if I don't do the optional activity?
Second reaction: I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO MATH!!!!
:rotfl2: Wait, what?! I have to give out reader grades? :eek: :rotfl: You can get an A, just maybe not an A+. :lmao: Kidding, kidding! And we all know that you love math: that's how you get Judi to Disney! ::yes::

I must say the "Anna dress" does look like a pretty good fit and Anna might actually get a kick out of a kid in a real dress that fits in as opposed to a costume dress
True, it might get her some extra attention for being more, um, authentic? :confused3

And that's great you got the beaches and cream ADR as well - obviously taking a lot of effort on your part but things do seem to be working out! .... you know, until Disney makes more changes/adds more things to SWW :rotfl:
Yeah, I'm hoping they don't do anything that messes with any existing reservations at this point. If they do announce the Rebel Hangar is bookable, we have a couple spots that should work without making changes.

:rotfl2: Well, we're gone for 13 days - gotta have enough, right? :confused3

Sounds like a wonderful cashier. Always nice to find another Disney fan out in the real world.
She was so fun to chat with. :thumbsup2

I like the domino games. Looks simple and easy and I'm sure the kids could have fun with them. The wristlet could be a good one for both the toddler girls and the older ones as well.
Thanks for the thoughts! :goodvibes

I love your choices on the fish extender gifts. I think the eye scream idea is great, but I'm sure you could do something easier that would require less running around. I love the dominos and the stickers - stickers are always great!
Thanks - I liked the eye scream thing, but it just doesn't seem like my best option anymore.

I'm so happy that you got a prime H&V dinner that you wanted! I'm glad your stalking finally paid off! :thumbsup2 It should be much easier now that you don't have to bounce back and forth and can enjoy a full afternoon at Stormalong Bay!
I'm feeling so much better about things now! I cannot believe how hard it was to find something that worked. :faint:

Then there's this:

WHAT?! We're going to be at Beaches and Cream at the SAME TIME?!?! :woohoo: That's totally awesome! I'm so glad you found an ADR for this! (And I look forward to having a good shot at meeting you!)
I remembered you saying you had lunch there this day, but I couldn't remember what time. Unless we change things up again, I think it will be easy to spot each other in that tiny place! :goodvibes

cute shirt - ... plus, how does one definite "enough" Disney anything really ;)
There is never enough Disney. :teacher: :rotfl:

We have a princess domino game and Olivia enjoys that so that might be good ... Plus I kinda feel like you can't go wrong with stickers for little kids
Thanks for the feedback! :goodvibes

That's definitely what I felt like when I grabbed that ADR! :rotfl2:

I dread the day this starts happening! ::yes::
Little Miss has such cute outfits, I hope she continues to enjoy what you put together. I love that she thanks you for making her hair bows and such. So sweet! :lovestruc

:rotfl:You can always put it on her quickly and get a picture and then change her. MIL would never know! :rotfl:
Now THIS is a great idea! :thumbsup2

It seems hot. But indeed annaish.
True, probably hot. I originally had been thinking about putting her in it for the Anna and Elsa meet at WDW, but I am glad that Izzy mentioned the boat, as that's an easy place to change for just a short time (and we'll know what time we're meeting them), plus I think it's inside in the A/C. ::yes::

Toddler girl clothes just seem to work out that way don't they?
Yes, they're all way too cute. :lovestruc

I hope she actually does agree to wear that dress to our castle breakfast!

Thanks! We've only watched a few episodes of Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but I'm pretty sure there's a girl named Izzy who's not on her shirt. Ironic. But at least she is Izzy. :rotfl:

Love how your plans are coming together!
I'm so glad they are finally coming together. I mean, less than two weeks to go! :faint:

That's great that you were able to grab this! That makes for such a less stressful day of running around. Thumbs up!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 So glad it came up!

Love this! Hmm...now you got me thinking of a possible 3rd birthday SW party:scratchin
Haha, that would be a fun theme. :darth: And it would only be a couple months before the new movie comes out! :scratchin

That is very cool and great that you have people with kids around the same size too!
There was a wide array of sizes, but I knew where the table with the Izzy-sized shorts was, so I zoomed over and grabbed them quick! :thumbsup2

So adorable! Totally an Anna dress.
Thanks!

Have you posted this one before? I love the look of this one.
You might recognize it from the intro of my August TR:

I keep remembering what a sweaty mess she was after her Epcot nap last trip. ::yes::

:banana::banana::banana:I bet you were so happy when that became available!
I was pretty shocked to see it! :eek: Then excited. :hyper:

Yeah, you couldn't pass this one up. Very cute!
I clearly remember Minnie indicating she wanted to put Izzy in her pocket last trip. I had to have a shirt where I could have Minnie in MY pocket. ::yes:: ::MinnieMo

DS would love this!
I got one for Izzy today. I'll see what she thinks tomorrow. Got her the Minnie version, of course. :cutie:

Let's see. Two more weeks to go right? I'm gonna say one more shirt purchase for Dugette and 3 more for Izzy, what do you think?? :lmao:
:rotfl2: We'll see how that turns out!

So happy I could help! :thumbsup2 But really just glad that everything seems to be falling into place with all of your ADRs!!
So glad I finally got things shifted around! :cool1:

Very cute shirt! I don't think there is ever too many Disney shirts.
Thanks, never too many! :goodvibes

All of Izzy's outfits look great! I think the Ariel dress is super cute and will be perfect for CRT!
I love that Ariel dress. I'm really hoping she is cooperative that morning. pixiedust:

I think the dominoes games and sticker books will be great for the under 5 crowd! I do like the bath drops but would worry that it might make a mess in the room/luggage going there or home.
Good point on the messiness!

Yay on getting the new ADR and having those plans all work out perfectly! All the shirts are great and new jammies are cute too. Love your new Minnie shirt :)
So glad the plans are finally working out! And, thanks, I love the tiny pocket Minnie (and she's actually a full-body Minnie inside the pocket :rotfl:).

Dominoes would be fun, I know Aria likes to play regular dominoes (we play Chicken Feet with them) so I bet they'd be a hit. Plus a little game like that is nice to have when traveling.
I have no idea what Chicken Feet is. Guess I need to brush up on my dominoes, since I just got Izzy one of those sets today. I remember setting them up and knocking them down as a kid. :rotfl:

Those guesses might be on the conservative side... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
I find this all so funny, as I'm really not a clothes shopper. If you look closely, you'll see me wearing some of the same things this trip as in my 2009 TR! :eek:

That's awesome you got the ADRs you wanted!. I'm still hopelessly searching for a better Sci-Fi breakfast to no avail:sad2:.
Aw, I hope you can find a Sci Fi you like! :goodvibes Are you following the May cancellations thread? I've seen some pop up there. When are you looking for?

Love all the shirts, the Andy's room one is perfect for the ship. If the ship is like any indoor place at WDW:cold:, long sleeves will probably be perfect. I think the shirts you have so far are great for what you have planned :thumbsup2.
That's true, it may be chilly in the A/C. I could throw in a couple long sleeves. ::yes::

Odds & Ends

Just a random little post tonight.

First off, I was going to go buy dominoes, word find books, and stickers today. And that was when I realized the dominoes were a $3 item and not labeled properly :headache: (next to all the $1 items). Seemed to good to be true. :sad2: Between the tripling of price and the fact that they’re bulky, I think I’m going to skip them for Fish Extender gifts (I did get Izzy a set, though!) I believe I’m going to go with Word Find books for the 5-13 year olds and sticker books for the 4 and under crowd. Less bulky, easy to pack, etc. As it is, with those water tumblers, I’m going to need to devote a substantial part of a suitcase to FE gifts. :eek:

For those making bets, I have not yet purchased any additional shirts for the trip. :rotfl2: However, Kohl’s sent me $5 today (their new rewards program, I guess) and JC Penney’s sent me a $10 off $10 coupon (i.e. – free) today (and they carry Star Wars tees :darth:), so I may be picking up a few more things for free/cheap. :rolleyes1

Still sick. :sick: Feeling pretty miserable today, but have been working full days, as it’s our month-end (the accounting go-time). I’m surprised I’m even conscious now, having been so tired all day. :faint: It helped that Dug took Izzy out after daycare and told me to nap! :thumbsup2

No new ADRs or schedule changes. I did realize that, with our Beaches & Cream lunch on Epcot day, we will miss our Character Spot FP+ (window opens 11:50 and lunch is at 11:40, I think). I tried to change things, but the morning doesn’t seem to have openings. At least, not that I can see without actually cancelling my potentially conflicting ones. :headache: Not sure what I’ll do there. We’ll have already done the Character Spot our first day, so it’s not the only time.

The SWW thread was alive with excitement over the Rebel Hangar (Star Wars lounge at Backlot Express) today. :hyper: Some info hit the web and it looked like it would soon be bookable. Well, false alarm. :sad: Everything was taken back down and the latest word is that is might be bookable Monday (May the Fourth! – SW day!) If it is, we will try to get it for dinner on our Premium Package day – we had been planning on counter service, so this will be even better, given the lackluster choices at DHS. :thumbsup2

I was thinking today (as I fell asleep for my nap) about how many DISers make countdown chains before their trips. I was thinking about what they use and how I’m lazy and that maybe like those wristbands you get at pools would work well. :idea: Then it dawned on me – we have a giant pile of Magic Bands and they would be easy to link together! :scratchin So, I present to you, the Non-Crafty Person’s WDW Countdown Chain :rotfl2::

Why, yes, that is a Mickey pancake mold holding it up! ::yes:: SO easy! We are still waiting on our last three Magic Bands, so unless those show up tomorrow, we can’t start removing rings until Sunday. Should be fun! :cool1:

Finally, I think I’m going to take a shot at my own extracurricular activity, since I’m in the mood. See if I can match up some shorts and shirts for Izzy. Granted, she may fight any or all of these, but I can try, right? :confused3

Here goes…

Outfit 1 (all will be TBD for when to wear...):

Outfit 2:

Outfit 3:

Outfit 4:

If she doesn't reject it, maybe this to girl it up a bit:

But probably will end up being this:

Outfit 5:

Eh, I'm not so sure about that one. (One of the pairs of shorts I picked up free at the swap :teacher: ).

Outfit 6:

Outfit 7:

Maybe this:

Or else this:

Outfit 8:

Outfit 9:

(Our daycare provider made this shirt and the I in Izzy has come partially off, but probably still wearable).

Minnie in Paris skirt probably will still fit, though none of the matching shirts do:

Outfit 10:

That's the snorkeling kitty shirt I ordered for Hawaii and it didn't show up until way after.

Outfit 11:

I'm pretty sure I actually got that shirt at last year's clothing swap! These are capri leggings, I believe:

Outfit 12:

Eh, don't love those shorts. But free in the swap. :thumbsup2

Outfit 13:

Outfit 14:

Or the sparkly white skirt from above?

Outfit 15:

This also could go with the skirt right above. I know I've paired that before (at 1900 Park Fair in June).

Outfit 16:

I know I've skipped a few items (long sleeves, a Frozen shirt, the full outfits/dresses), but that's enough for tonight. I'm tired and I think I'm near the picture limit. Let me know if I've gone terribly wrong with anything here! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter