Is Mickey a Captain or a Jedi? Both! - May '15 Land & Sea ~ Updated 6/14: Trip Report Started!

Sad... And it definitely puts things in perspective.
Sure does. I feel a bit guilty about stressing over the perfect ADR when there are so many more serious things that others are stressed about.

You just helped make me feel better about the 2 back to back trips we took that we maybe probably shouldn't have from a smart financial planning perspective.
Dug jokes that my family all have the "justification gene". We can basically justify anything. ::yes:: Happy to help! :goodvibes

I have no idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes1
:confused3

Hmmm... I thought the over/under was 2. You need to go buy more so that it isn't a push. :rolleyes1
I did buy Izzy two pairs of socks (Ariel and Sofia) today from the Target dollar section - does that make any difference? :rotfl:

Nobody. It isn't a shirt. :thumbsup2:rotfl:
True. ::yes::

Those darn tumblers are the biggest issue. I did manage to fit all of the non-tumbler bags in a fairly small section of a carry-on tonight, so that was good.

Yes. You do!!!! I hope everyone is feeling better in the next few days!!!
I think I'm down to a pesky cough and a bit of asthma flare-up post-cold. But my stamina for long/fast walks seems to be back, which is the most important! :thumbsup2

That looks like it should work out great. Glad you got it!
Me too! That last evening is going to be so relaxed! :cloud9:

Good idea! If nothing else, you can check out the hangar a couple of times and at least have a snack or something. :thumbsup2
Exactly! I figure, it's not like a buffet where you pay each time - you only pay for what you get. So, might as well get some one day and some another. :thumbsup2

It was. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Thank you! :goodvibes

Three More Sleeps!

The trip must be getting close when I had dreams last night of:

1.) Our airplane taking the freeway to Florida. :rotfl2:

2.) Being in Epcot our first day and getting so carried away in World Showcase that we missed/forgot our FP+. :eek: And possibly Izzy, since I don’t remember her being in that one. :scared:

Not a lot has changed, but I do have a couple of things.

I did fine-tune an ADR. Our very first night we had Garden Grill at 7:50pm and I’d wanted it a bit earlier to allow us time to catch Illuminations afterwards. Well, a 7pm popped up this morning, so I changed to that. :hyper: Our Soarin’ FP+ is at 6:25pm, so I will go on that before dinner and we’ll get Dug a Rider Swap to go after dinner. I feel like this gives us a bit more flexibility and allows us to eat closer to a normal time.

The other change was given to me for Mother’s Day (from Dug!) :lovestruc He got us booked for a photo shoot at the Beach Club! He had some extra money from some web design work he did on the side and used part of it for this! Very cool! :thumbsup2 The funny part was that I had gone through and updated our Excel schedule that same day and put in “photo shoot??” at the exact day and time that he coincidentally scheduled. I didn’t know that he had called yet, so that was quite a surprise. So, that is after we enjoy Stormalong Bay on the 25th. Photo shoot is at 7pm (should be good for lighting, so long as the weather is okay) and we follow that with dinner at Beaches & Cream at 8:30pm. I think this will be a great way to spend our last evening! :woohoo:

One week from TODAY, we’ll be on board the Disney Dream! :cool1: I cannot believe it! :faint: We received our Fish Extender today. I’m pretty happy with it, considering we were able to customize at a good price and get it fast. It is a bit small, as I went with just two pockets to cut the cost, but I tried to make it something we’d be able to use in the house after the cruise too, so we’ll get our money’s worth out of it. Some pictures (the dowel ends are Mickey heads :earsboy:, but I left them wrapped for transit):

Izzy liked the idea of people putting presents in it for us. She’s a big fan of presents. :santa:

Also, look at all the Magic Bands we’ve pulled off of our countdown chain:

Even Izzy remarked that there are not many left. ::yes:: I reminded her again that when we pull off the last one, we’ll go to Disney World. Her response, as usual, was “Later!” :sad2: Hope she doesn’t protest Thursday morning. Only three more sleeps! :dance3:(Speaking of which, that’s what I’m off to do – actually trying to get to bed at a reasonable time each night this week, so I’ll be well-rested).

The trip must be getting close when I had dreams last night of:

2.) Being in Epcot our first day and getting so carried away in World Showcase that we missed/forgot our FP+. :eek: And possibly Izzy, since I don’t remember her being in that one. :scared:

Oh my gosh, you're ME! I always have strange dreams before big events and they never make any sense. :confused: Your second dream really cracked me up. :rotfl:

How fabulous that Dug booked a photo shoot at the Beach Club! That will be wonderful! :cloud9:

I LOVE the fish extender! :thumbsup2

If Izzy protests about leaving, just tell her that you're going to meet Minnie Mouse. :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot believe how close we are!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: I LOVE the custom Fish Extender - it's fabulous!!!

And I'm :rotfl2: about your dream that your plane took the freeway to Florida :laughing:

:rotfl: That would create quite the traffic jam.

Oh she was there. She was just taking advantage of those FP+ that you forgot about. :thumbsup2

The other change was given to me for Mother’s Day (from Dug!) :lovestruc He got us booked for a photo shoot at the Beach Club! He had some extra money from some web design work he did on the side and used part of it for this! Very cool! :thumbsup2 The funny part was that I had gone through and updated our Excel schedule that same day and put in “photo shoot??” at the exact day and time that he coincidentally scheduled. I didn’t know that he had called yet, so that was quite a surprise. So, that is after we enjoy Stormalong Bay on the 25th. Photo shoot is at 7pm (should be good for lighting, so long as the weather is okay) and we follow that with dinner at Beaches & Cream at 8:30pm. I think this will be a great way to spend our last evening! :woohoo:
Good job Dug! I think that scored you some points. :thumbsup2

I reminded her again that when we pull off the last one, we’ll go to Disney World. Her response, as usual, was “Later!” :sad2: Hope she doesn’t protest Thursday morning.
Hmmm... maybe that's why she wasn't in the dream? :confused3 :rotfl:

Being in Epcot our first day and getting so carried away in World Showcase that we missed/forgot our FP+. :eek: And possibly Izzy, since I don’t remember her being in that one.

I think some CM would take pity on her and feed her lots of yummy treats until you came to claim her!

The other change was given to me for Mother’s Day (from Dug!) :lovestruc He got us booked for a photo shoot at the Beach Club!

How exciting! What a great Mother's Day present! Those will be great pictures.

One week from TODAY, we’ll be on board the Disney Dream!

:cool1:

We received our Fish Extender today. I’m pretty happy with it, considering we were able to customize at a good price and get it fast.

Very cute! And I think it will be great to hang up when you get home!

Only three more sleeps! :dance3:(Speaking of which, that’s what I’m off to do – actually trying to get to bed at a reasonable time each night this week, so I’ll be well-rested).

Yay, yay, yay! So very exciting! And I always try to get to bed at a reasonable hour...but somehow always get lost on these boards. :rolleyes1

Three More Sleeps!.

How exciting, Three More Sleeps!!! So cool! How do you go about setting up a Photo Shoot ...and is it only available at the Beach Club? Sounds like a wonderful idea. Kudos for Dug and Izzy on the awesome Mother's Day gift :)

Yay for just a few days left! We have four sleeps left and I can't wait! There is SO much to get done before we go but I'm sure that we'll find a way to get it all done! I bet that Izzy will be excited and happy to be there as soon as you guys get to MCO and she sees all of the Disney stuff! :)

I have some friends there now who say it is HOT! It has been in the low-mid 90s in Pennsylvania this week too! I think Mother Nature is just helping me practice for Disney! :crazy2:

Yay for Dug and setting up the Photo Shoot! That's such a cool thing to do! I've seen a few other trip reports mention them and I think it is something that we'll have to look into down the road. It seems like a perfect way to spend some time and get great photos!

Not sure how much I'll be around before you/we leave so I just want to say have a safe and amazing trip!!!

:jumping1: You are ALMOST there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

You may not be spending much time on the Dis prior to leaving so just wanted to make sure I said HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!! See ya real soon!!!!!! (literally!) :rotfl2:

Have fun!!! I'm sure we will pass you several times in the parks ....I'm sure my DS will spot you :sail:

You're going to have a fabulous trip!!!

May the Force be with you :rotfl:

:yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok::yoda::ewok:

Love the fish extender it looks awesome! DH has promised me that one year we will do a Disney Cruise, though I'm sure it at least a few years away still.

Good job Dug on the photo shoot!

How exciting, Three More Sleeps!!! So cool! How do you go about setting up a Photo Shoot ...and is it only available at the Beach Club? Sounds like a wonderful idea. Kudos for Dug and Izzy on the awesome Mother's Day gift :)
The photo shoot is through Disney Event Photography. It's a mini shoot, same as we did in Dec. 2013 (you can see more in that TR). They do several different resorts - we did the Poly the other time. It was a great experience before and hope it is again. I had seen other TRs where they did it and that sold us on trying it - a great value!

Leaving in the Morning!

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes! :goodvibes I'll do more replies when we return (or if I get bored there :rotfl:).

We're leaving early in the morning and, as usual, I'm a bit behind my bedtime goal, but wanted to post quick. We're all packed, less a few things we need in the morning/overnight, and I just need to shower and go to sleep! :cool1:

A few items of interest:

*I checked in for our flight this morning and our boarding passes have TSA Pre-Check on them! :woohoo: I am so excited! It's a random thing, so I feel very lucky that we don't have to deconstruct all our stuff (and ourselves) in the morning. Shoes are staying on! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

*Found out that Disney has decided to ruin Characterpalooza. :sad: Of course, right before we get to do it. :headache: Instead of being at a predictable time or place, characters will just randomly roam somewhere, sometime. :confused3 That really doesn't help us planners at all. So, scratch that from my list, unless we get lucky.

*I'm hoping that Izzy is catching on that we are leaving tomorrow and that it's a good thing. She has been eagerly pulling Magic Bands off our chain each day and knows there's only one left. We discussed that we'll be getting on an airplane tomorrow and she seems happy with that. We had Mickey and Minnie call us tonight (free cruise perk) and Izzy was mildly amused by M&M talking about how excited they are to see us. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Both Dug and I were very excited and relaxed today, as we did 90% of our packing last night. Tonight, we just did some last-minute things and some cleaning and such. Not sure if I'll be popping on here while I'm there or not, but I will definitely "see ya real soon" (some sooner than others :goodvibes).

Bon voyage and may the force be with you! :sail: :darth:

HAVE A FABULOUS AND WONDERFUL TIME! I can't wait to read your trip report! :goodvibes

I can't wait to see ya real soon (AND IN PERSON). ;) :thumbsup2

Bon Voyage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter