Is Mickey a Captain or a Jedi? Both! - May '15 Land & Sea ~ Updated 6/14: Trip Report Started!

One Month from Today – Saturday, May 16th

So, this is the day I actually managed to work in Animal Kingdom. :thumbsup2 Not a lot of Animal Kingdom, but enough. The park opens at 9am and we have FP+ to meet Mickey and Minnie from 9-10am. Hoping the lines will be short then anyway, but FP+ can’t hurt. Spoiler alert for my August TR, but Izzy did this meet twice that day and LOVED it both times. :lovestruc Hoping she still does.

Our next FP+ is for Kilimanjaro Safaris from 10:05-11:05am. However, I am hoping that once we finish with Mickey and Minnie, we might be able to move this up a bit earlier. :scratchin Not sure. As it is, there may not be much of a line if we just show up standby. Just want to move things along, since we have very limited AK time.

Our last FP+ is a split with one Dinosaur and one Expedition Everest from 11:05am-12:05pm, planning to get a Rider Swap at each. Again, hoping we can move these up earlier after completing other FP+, as they are running up against our lunch plans. The other possibility might be to find a kiosk early on and use Izzy’s band to get these FP+ for earlier in the morning, if they’re available. :stir:

In between the FP+ attractions, I’d like to get in a ride on Triceratop Spin, meet some other characters (I’d really like to get an updated avatar pic with Dug from Up), maybe walk a trail, and take Izzy to the Boneyard. I would normally want to stop for a Dole Whip with rum, but given that the Pineapple Promenade at Epcot should have them, I think we’ll be good on that. And, besides, we’ll need to save room for lunch. ::yes::

Because you can’t spend a morning in Animal Kingdom and pass up one of the best lunches at WDW: Sanaa. I grabbed an ADR at 11:45am. So, yeah, we’re not going to spend a long time in AK. If we had more time, going over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch would be fun, but doing that and this lunch is not going to happen. So, we’ll need to head out probably 11:15am or so? Catch a bus to Kidani Village and check out the savannah if we have any spare time. Then enjoy a tasty lunch with great views!

The nice thing about eating at a resort is that it connects us easily to our next destination: Downtown Disney! (or Disney Springs? :confused: ) We’ll catch a bus there and hopefully Izzy will go down for a stroller nap once we start walking around Downtown Disney.

We do not have much of an agenda right now. I am actually really liking doing this write-up, because I’m realizing that our plans are a lot looser than my Excel sheet would have you believe. We’re very highly scheduled, but the details within some of these time blocks are wide open. So, we’ll probably do a little shopping. Check out the new things since last visit (Dec. 2013), etc. Dug knows a couple people who live in the area (he has some co-workers who also work remotely and live near Disney – sweet!), so he might try to meet up with them at some point this afternoon. That’s really the extent of our plans until dinner. :earseek:

For that, we’ll meet up with Lauren, Aria, Lynda, and Aron for our first meal at T-Rex! Lauren and Aria have been here before and had a great time. Dug and Izzy love dinosaurs (I like them too), so I’m sure they’ll be enthralled. I’m just excited to try someplace new. I was actually thinking about that today: as many times as I’ve been to WDW (this will be the 11th time since 2009!), there are still so many places I haven’t been! They really know how to keep you coming back. And, if you start feeling like you’ve done it all, they just build more or re-imagine something. :lmao:

So, this should be a fun meal with good company! :goodvibes

After that, we’re wide open again. If there was anything else we wanted to get to in Downtown Disney, we could do that. Otherwise, we’ll head back to the resort. If it’s still early-ish, we could enjoy the Boardwalk area a bit. If it’s bedtime, we’ll get Izzy down and I’ll probably call it an early night and rest up for the next day. For Dug, this is his late night at the Magic Kingdom. :cool1: Regular hours until midnight and Extra Magic Hours from midnight to 2am. Wishes at 10pm and MSEP at 11pm. He can stay out as late as he wants, then make his way back to get some sleep before our breakfast with Darth Vader! :darth:

A random Star Wars Weekends note: today the thread was alive with talk of a possible addition to SWW! Yes, that silly Disney likes to keep changing things up on us. :sad2: And, as with everything else, everyone is clamoring to sign up for it (not available yet), despite not really knowing what “it” is. :rotfl2: The talk is that there is going to be some sort of lounge/cantina thing in part of Backlot Express that will have unique drinks and wandering Rebels characters, I think. $15 admission – which, as someone on the SWW thread said, is Disney’s “free”. :teacher: Seems that it will be something you can make an ADR for, possibly tomorrow. We’ll see. Something to keep in mind for our package day the second weekend, I think. Stop in between shows, maybe? Could be fun! :hyper:

Your AK morning sounds fun. I love the idea of lunch at Sanaa. It's such a great resort. I've never had lunch there, only dinner. Love the food.

And I have yet to eat at T-Rex. It sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to eventually get there. Gotta keep something on the bucket list, right?

$15 is free for Disney - except your drinks will probably be $15! :rotfl2::drinking1

Not a lot of Animal Kingdom, but enough.
Sounds about right. :rotfl2:

So, yeah, we’re not going to spend a long time in AK. If we had more time, going over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch would be fun, but doing that and this lunch is not going to happen. So, we’ll need to head out probably 11:15am or so?
Yeah, definitely not going to get a lot done before you have to head out. But I think your list looks pretty reasonable since you'll be there before most of the crowds.

Regular hours until midnight and Extra Magic Hours from midnight to 2am. Wishes at 10pm and MSEP at 11pm. He can stay out as late as he wants, then make his way back to get some sleep before our breakfast with Darth Vader! :darth:
Who needs sleep when you've got that much excitement??

A random Star Wars Weekends note: today the thread was alive with talk of a possible addition to SWW! Yes, that silly Disney likes to keep changing things up on us. :sad2: And, as with everything else, everyone is clamoring to sign up for it (not available yet), despite not really knowing what “it” is. :rotfl2: The talk is that there is going to be some sort of lounge/cantina thing in part of Backlot Express that will have unique drinks and wandering Rebels characters, I think. $15 admission – which, as someone on the SWW thread said, is Disney’s “free”. :teacher: Seems that it will be something you can make an ADR for, possibly tomorrow. We’ll see. Something to keep in mind for our package day the second weekend, I think. Stop in between shows, maybe? Could be fun! :hyper:
It definitely looks like it could be a fun thing to do. You know, if it actually happens and it actually is only $15.

Great to hear! I generally hear good things about them, so looking forward to giving them a try. Do you come to Minneapolis often, by the way?

My in-laws are in St. Paul, so we usually go once or twice per year. We usually go at Easter, but didn't this year since Michael and Rory will be going in June for Michael's grandmother's 95th birthday! I will be about 35 weeks, and too pregnant to travel that far.

Haha, great minds! :goodvibes I hope you have a great time. I've loved that the characters just seem relaxed and come around more than once in some cases. Be sure to ask for an outside booth - good view and feels more private for the meets :thumbsup2 (can't have a high chair at them, though).

Oh good to know about asking for the outside booth! The lack of high chair shouldn't be an issue. At 23 months, Rory thinks he's a big kid with no need for a high chair anymore. :cool2:

This sounds like a great day. Even though you have limited time at AK, I think you'll be able to get everything you want accomplished.

I'm jealous of your Sanaa ADR. I haven't been there yet, but it is high on my list of places I want to try. I contemplated doing it this time, but don't think we can fit it in.

Your dinner sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

The nice thing about eating at a resort is that it connects us easily to our next destination: Downtown Disney! (or Disney Springs? :confused: )
I think its still DTD. At least thats what I still call it. I don't think they are changing the name officially until they are done.

We do not have much of an agenda right now. I am actually really liking doing this write-up, because I’m realizing that our plans are a lot looser than my Excel sheet would have you believe. We’re very highly scheduled, but the details within some of these time blocks are wide open.
You know, I am learning that being scheduled and being laid back can go hand in hand well. At least in theory.

Hmmm something about that sounds too good to be true.

Your plans look good!

Sounds like our July trip... Went from offsite with few ADRs to a mega deluxe on site trip with many extras haha. Oh we'll, yolo right?

In December we were in disney 11 nights and only planned and did one half day at AK. I really want to try Sanaa!

Last edited:

We're only renting the car to/from, not leaving it at the port. So, they'd all have to come on the boat with us.

I hope BWV can help you hold them! Is there a limit on the number of bags allowed on DCL? I haven't taken a cruise since our honeymoon 7 years ago.

I love the new shirts for you and Izzy!

Your plans sound great for both days! I hope the lines are manageable for the characters at HS. I like that you're going to get another chance for a less stressful viewing for the Frozen Sing Along!

Sounds like you're going to squeeze quite a bit into your quick AK day! You seem to be hitting most of the highlights. I hope Izzy enjoys the Boneyard - the boys loved it and talk about it quite often!

TRex should be a fun experience for everyone! I would love to try it one time but it seems like there are so many other places on my wish list plus all of our must do repeats. I think a full month at Disney is required!

It sounds like a relaxing afternoon at DTD! Plenty of time to shop and maybe relax!

It's funny you and I had very similar ideal for this trip no new clothes, minimal ADRs. Yeah, like you I have more ADRs than TS credits and the boys have all new Disney wardrobes :rotfl2:. I actually had the same concern you did about chewbacca. If everyone is going there, it is going to be insane:cool:. I just hope we can be towards the front of the pack. Also, if your ahead of me I promised not to get mad if Dug joins later :thumbsup2.

Isn't it nice to know that your plans are more relaxed than you thought, I am having the opposite problem. :faint: I had to stop reading the SWW thread because I couldn't keep up, now I guess I need to go check it out.

Wow - this SWW stuff entails some INTENSE planning! I love all your plans though - this is going to be such a great trip.

But it freaked me out awhile back when I discovered that our "oldies" station no longer plays music from my parents' childhoods - it's now from MY childhood. :faint:
Isn't that just the pits????? :laughing:

The other timing issue is going to seem familiar for those of you who followed my Aulani PTR last year. Dug’s job said this May trip was A-OK when we booked it. There was a conference in LA that he was interested in, but he was going to skip it and save his training budget for another conference instead. Well, sometime after this trip was pretty set in stone, his company decided to offer to pay all expenses for anyone interested in attending the conference without taking it out of their training budget. He was already kicking himself. :badpc: And THEN, they announced they’d be cancelling the planned August retreat for Dug’s team and combining the retreat with this conference that most everyone (except Dug) would be attending. They said it was totally fine he’d miss it and that he should take the vacation without worries, but he’s sad to miss out. Especially because, if we’d known then what we know now, we probably would have saved the Land & Sea for some other time and done a Disneyland trip in May instead. Ugh. But it’s all good and we’ll have an amazing trip.
This is really rotten - I feel bad for Dug.

Izzy is excited for the trip. Her daycare provider told me that Izzy is always telling her about how she’s going to ride on Mickey’s boat and then eat in the castle. :rotfl: It’s fun that Izzy is actually looking forward to the trip and understanding the plans.
So cute!!! It's very cool when they reach the age where they understand the concept of things like a trip, Christmas, etc. Makes those things just all the more fun. :goodvibes

I’ve been to Garden Grill twice and have had great experiences there both times. Good food, really cool environment, and fantastic character interaction. Looking forward to it!
So glad you're doing this one - we did it for the first time on our last trip and just LOVED it.

I also have been saying all along that I would not go out and buy clothes for Izzy for the trip and instead just work with what she had in her closet (and save a few bucks). But then Kohl’s and Old Navy went and sent me emails about deals today and I saw cute things and….yeah….there will be some packages on the way. :confused3
:rotfl2: This kind of thing would NEVER happen to me. Never..... :rolleyes1

So, this is the day I actually managed to work in Animal Kingdom. :thumbsup2
NO WAY!!!!!!! :faint:

:rotfl2:

Ahhhh I'm so jealous you have an ADR at Sanaa! Definitely on my list of must-dos for someday! ::yes::

Wow, working remotely and living near Disney?! I need that job!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Your plans for this day sounds great with lots of flexibility. :thumbsup2

I always love your "One Month from Today" posts! I'm so glad you're doing them! :D

I flew Sun Country several times when I still lived in Minnesota and always had a great experience. As a bonus (and as you know), the Humphrey Terminal's smaller size does lend to much shorter lines.

Hooray for Barnstormer! Izzy will look very snazzy riding it in one of her new shirts. :flower:

I hope your H&V dinner search goes well - I think dinner at the outdoor kitchens sounds like a great plan!

I love that you'll be able to spend a few hours at Animal Kingdom AND will be eating at Sanaa! :yay: So many people say great things about that restaurant!

Your AK morning sounds fun. I love the idea of lunch at Sanaa. It's such a great resort. I've never had lunch there, only dinner. Love the food.
We've only had lunch there, actually! I like that it's light out and the animals are active. Depending on dinnertime, maybe you get that too, I don't know. But the combo of the great food, calm atmosphere, and great animal viewing is always a winner! :thumbsup2

And I have yet to eat at T-Rex. It sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to eventually get there. Gotta keep something on the bucket list, right?
I do know, it's been on my bucket list all this time too! ::yes:: It should be fun to actually see it and dine with friends there!

$15 is free for Disney - except your drinks will probably be $15! :rotfl2::drinking1
Yeah, nobody really knows yet what the $15 thing was about. At first, there was talk that was the cover charge, but now there's talk that it's menu items under that price point? :confused3 Guess we'll find out whenever it actually goes live.

Sounds about right. :rotfl2:
Haha, everyone says AK is a half-day park and we are sure doing that this time. I could spend a lot longer there, seeing shows and all, but I'm happy with this quick tour of the highlights.

Yeah, definitely not going to get a lot done before you have to head out. But I think your list looks pretty reasonable since you'll be there before most of the crowds.
I'm hoping so - being there early and having all the FP+ is probably the only way to get all that done quickly.

Who needs sleep when you've got that much excitement??
I think this could be Disney's motto! :rotfl:

It definitely looks like it could be a fun thing to do. You know, if it actually happens and it actually is only $15.
Exactly! I find it hilarious that we're all lining up to give money for something that we don't even understand yet. :rotfl2:

My in-laws are in St. Paul, so we usually go once or twice per year. We usually go at Easter, but didn't this year since Michael and Rory will be going in June for Michael's grandmother's 95th birthday! I will be about 35 weeks, and too pregnant to travel that far.
Oh, wow, 95th birthday - that's awesome! Well, if you ever are out here and bored, I'm sure Izzy would love to play with Rory! :goodvibes

Oh good to know about asking for the outside booth! The lack of high chair shouldn't be an issue. At 23 months, Rory thinks he's a big kid with no need for a high chair anymore. :cool2:
Izzy's like that too - she did pretty good in the booth at Garden Grill last June at 21 months and does much better now, I'd say. If he's on the outside of the half moon, it will make it easy for character meets - sometimes they sneak right up on them. :tiptoe:

This sounds like a great day. Even though you have limited time at AK, I think you'll be able to get everything you want accomplished.
I hope it works well. I'm looking forward to this day. It's starts fast and furious, but then becomes pretty calm and relaxed.

I'm jealous of your Sanaa ADR. I haven't been there yet, but it is high on my list of places I want to try. I contemplated doing it this time, but don't think we can fit it in.
We really like it! If you're near AK and need to eat, it's a great respite. I think we've been there like 3 or 4 times. Can't get enough. :rotfl:

Your dinner sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
I think it will be great - fun place and good company to share it with! :goodvibes

I think its still DTD. At least thats what I still call it. I don't think they are changing the name officially until they are done.
Yeah, I don't know what's going on - I keep seeing both in whatever I come across. I still go with DTD for the time being.

You know, I am learning that being scheduled and being laid back can go hand in hand well. At least in theory.
I am learning that I agree with that. :thumbsup2

Hmmm something about that sounds too good to be true.
I am fairly skeptical on the details at this point - there's so little to go on. No official word from Disney, just what a travel agent had and what people were told when they called - which doesn't really mean a lot sometimes.

Your plans look good!
Thanks!

Sounds like our July trip... Went from offsite with few ADRs to a mega deluxe on site trip with many extras haha. Oh we'll, yolo right?
It's crazy how easily that can happen. Heck, this trip started off as the cruise and maybe a day at WDW on each end...or 4 days. :lmao:

In December we were in disney 11 nights and only planned and did one half day at AK. I really want to try Sanaa!
I don't feel so bad about having 8 nights and doing 3 hours then! :rotfl: Yes, get to Sanaa sometime! Tack it to your 1/2 day at AK! :rotfl2:

I hope BWV can help you hold them! Is there a limit on the number of bags allowed on DCL? I haven't taken a cruise since our honeymoon 7 years ago.
I need to find that out - it seems like Bell Services would do something like that, but I just don't know if they have a time limit. :confused3 If we need to bring them on the cruise, I don't believe there are any luggage limits, but we do need to fit them in our stateroom. :rotfl:

I love the new shirts for you and Izzy!
Thanks! I may have just acquired a few more for Izzy tonight... :rolleyes1

Your plans sound great for both days! I hope the lines are manageable for the characters at HS. I like that you're going to get another chance for a less stressful viewing for the Frozen Sing Along!
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to seeing the Frozen Sing Along again - and I think Izzy will enjoy it even more now than before! :hyper:

Sounds like you're going to squeeze quite a bit into your quick AK day! You seem to be hitting most of the highlights. I hope Izzy enjoys the Boneyard - the boys loved it and talk about it quite often!
It will be a whirlwind at AK for sure! Hoping the lions are out on safari this time. Last time, Izzy had no interest in digging in the Boneyard. :confused3 I suspect she might be more into it this time. And I think she's big enough to handle the slides now too, especially with both me and Dug there, so someone can be on each end.

TRex should be a fun experience for everyone! I would love to try it one time but it seems like there are so many other places on my wish list plus all of our must do repeats. I think a full month at Disney is required!
And even after a month I bet we'd still have places we wanted to go. I'm glad that Lauren booked this and offered for us to join them - I don't know that I would have picked it out myself - as you said, full wish list. But I'm really excited to try it! :cool1:

It sounds like a relaxing afternoon at DTD! Plenty of time to shop and maybe relax!
Relaxing is free, so hoping to mostly do that. :rotfl2: We're not going to have any money left to shop after this trip. :rotfl:

It's funny you and I had very similar ideal for this trip no new clothes, minimal ADRs. Yeah, like you I have more ADRs than TS credits and the boys have all new Disney wardrobes :rotfl2:. I actually had the same concern you did about chewbacca. If everyone is going there, it is going to be insane:cool:. I just hope we can be towards the front of the pack. Also, if your ahead of me I promised not to get mad if Dug joins later :thumbsup2.
It's so easy for Disney trips to spiral out of control! :faint: Glad I'm not the only one. I'm hoping that it just seems like lots of people going to Chewbacca because we're all like-minded people and Yulilin has given advice to go there first - and hoping we don't represent the guests in general that morning. If it's only people from that thread and a few others, I think we'll be okay. And thank you for supporting my potential spot-holding. :goodvibes

Isn't it nice to know that your plans are more relaxed than you thought, I am having the opposite problem. :faint: I had to stop reading the SWW thread because I couldn't keep up, now I guess I need to go check it out.
I think my issue was the way I did my Excel sheet with the schedule. Usually, I have each row be an hour and fill it in. This time, I just have meals in certain rows and a handful of empty lines between, so there are a lot more hours in there than it seems like. The old way, if there was something on every line, it was something every hour. Now it might just mean we do three things that afternoon. I'm messing with myself, I guess, since I set it up different. And, yeah, it's so hard to keep up with that SWW thread - I just skim it quickly every so often while I'm on the bus, walking to the restroom, you name it. :rotfl:

Wow - this SWW stuff entails some INTENSE planning! I love all your plans though - this is going to be such a great trip.
It really does! Planning a regular ol' Disney trip will be a walk in the park after this! :rotfl2:

Isn't that just the pits????? :laughing:
Yeah, it was quite the shock to realize that my childhood is now "oldies." :sad2:

This is really rotten - I feel bad for Dug.
Thanks, it's tough for him - people always commenting about how "we'll all be there" blah, blah, blah. :sad1: The cool thing, though, is that he got info on the fall retreat and it's back in Palm Springs and we have the dates - so we need to start looking into Disneyland, since he will get flown out there! :woohoo:

So cute!!! It's very cool when they reach the age where they understand the concept of things like a trip, Christmas, etc. Makes those things just all the more fun. :goodvibes
It really is fun. Just the other day, Izzy saw pictures from Christmas morning and was awed when I told her that Santa would come back with more presents next Christmas (if she was a good girl) - she kept repeating, "Santa's going to come back! Again!" :hyper:

So glad you're doing this one - we did it for the first time on our last trip and just LOVED it.
We did it once before Izzy and had a great time. Did it again last June (me and Izzy and Lauren and Aria) and it was really fun then too!

:rotfl2: This kind of thing would NEVER happen to me. Never..... :rolleyes1
Haha. Glad to know that you understand. :goodvibes

NO WAY!!!!!!! :faint:

:rotfl2:
It really took some work to get AK in there. I basically had to start all over with the schedule to figure out what worked.

Ahhhh I'm so jealous you have an ADR at Sanaa! Definitely on my list of must-dos for someday! ::yes::
It's a great lunch spot! Keep it on your list! :thumbsup2

Wow, working remotely and living near Disney?! I need that job!!!!!!! :thumbsup2
I know! Technically, Dug could work from anywhere now, so it entered our minds to move. But not happening - I have a job here and all our immediate family is here, so we'll stay here and just take as many trips as we can manage.

Your plans for this day sounds great with lots of flexibility. :thumbsup2
I like how flexible they ended up being! We haven't done Downtown Disney since Dec. 2013, so it will be nice to go back and check it out.

I always love your "One Month from Today" posts! I'm so glad you're doing them! :D
Thanks! Glad you enjoy! :goodvibes

I flew Sun Country several times when I still lived in Minnesota and always had a great experience. As a bonus (and as you know), the Humphrey Terminal's smaller size does lend to much shorter lines.
That's great to hear! I look forward to trying them!

Hooray for Barnstormer! Izzy will look very snazzy riding it in one of her new shirts. :flower:
Ha, I just need to figure out which one now. ::yes:: I hope she loves the ride!

I hope your H&V dinner search goes well - I think dinner at the outdoor kitchens sounds like a great plan!
That darn H&V is such a chore. I have like 4 ADRs there and have found a bunch of others, but none on the days/times that I am aiming for. :headache: Don't want to give up the outdoor kitchens for it, though.

I love that you'll be able to spend a few hours at Animal Kingdom AND will be eating at Sanaa! :yay: So many people say great things about that restaurant!
The second I figured out how to work in an AK morning, I checked for a Sanaa lunch. ::yes:: They go hand-in-hand - and especially when you're going to Downtown Disney afterwards.

One Month from Today – Sunday, May 17th

First off, doing this report is dangerous for me. :rolleyes1 I went to look up a picture to post of a Star Wars shirt I’d gotten from Target awhile back – I couldn’t find my shirt, but I found toddler shirts on clearance (up to 50% off) PLUS a sale where you get another 10% off if you buy two, plus all my normal discounts. Long story short, I had no intention of adding to her collection, but Izzy now has 6 more Disney shirts (a couple Frozen, an Ariel, Ariel/Belle/Snow, Minnie, and a Minnie Santa shirt to wear when she meets Santa next Christmas – planning ahead here!) I think I have a problem… (however, I can justify that we are taking a 12-day trip in hot weather, so she’s going to need a lot of changes of clothes). Oh, also, tonight I told Izzy about the R2D2 shirt I ordered for her (while Daddy was showing her Star Wars cartoons) and she was so excited saying, “I want to see it! I want to see it!” :hyper:

But back to the plans! :jumping1:

This morning we’ll be headed back to the Studios bright and early. We have an 8am ADR for the Galactic Breakfast at Sci Fi! This should be really fun! Not only getting to eat a breakfast in the Sci Fi Dine-in, but Star Wars characters will be roaming around (and Darth Vader will be at the door :darth:). That’s why I was looking up shirts. I’ll probably wear mine and Izzy will wear one of her Star Wars ones and Dug will wear this shirt I got him for Christmas, just for this occasion:

I don’t think you can get much more appropriate than that for this meal! :thumbsup2

Another fun thing is that you can trade with the Jawas that come around. I read somewhere that one person traded little Star Wars travel pack things (coloring book/crayons) and we just happen to have like 6 of them unopened from a consignment sale. So, those are in my packing-in-progress suitcase. I guess they will give you things others have traded in exchange? Sounds cool.

The food sounds good too and they even have Blue Milk to drink. :drinking1

After our breakfast, we have FP+ for Toy Story Mania from 9:20-10:20am. However, I do have a note that if we get out of breakfast early enough, we should try to get in Single Rider/Rider Swap on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster first, then move on to TSM.

Our next FP+ is a split of one each Tower of Terror and Star Tours, with plans to Rider Swap them. Both 10:25-11:25am.

After that, we’re doing something we haven’t done since pre-Izzy: the Muppets! FP+ arrival window is 11:25am-12:25pm and we plan to get there in the earlier part of that. Hopefully Izzy will like this show, but who knows. I guess I should show her some Muppets stuff soon (I think she’s seen some?)

Last thing before heading out of the Studios is our lunch at 50’s Prime Time at 12:05pm. I need to order the Pot Roast and the Peanut Butter and Jelly Shake, since I missed both last time and they seem to be legendary. That cheese appetizer was really good last time, so I may get that again too. Dug has not eaten here yet and I think he will enjoy it.

After lunch and leaving DHS, we basically have a few hours of flex time before finishing our day at the Magic Kingdom (finally making it there as a family on day 4! :faint:) My notes list options of free time, transportation time, naptime, and picking up our rental car for the cruise. Just to explain, I booked one-way rentals from Enterprise at the B Resort at Downtown Disney to Port Canaveral and back. It was under $40 each way for a Full Size car, so less than the Disney transport (would have been $70 each way) and it allows us to stop for groceries/drinks both ways and to get to the port nice and early for our 10:45am Port Arrival time slot. Anyway, I’d originally only booked for a few hours (8am-Noon), but later realized it was the same price to book 24 hours, so I changed both directions to that to give us options. :teacher: So, we can pick up the car anytime after Noon this day.

A suggested plan I put in my notes is that Dug and Izzy take a nap back in the room (he likely had a late MK night prior and she’ll just need a nap) while I take a bus over to Downtown Disney to get the car. Since I have an AP, we’ll have free parking, by the way. So, once everyone’s up and ready (and maybe we pack for the cruise :laundy:), we can drive over to the TTC, then walk from there to the Poly….to check out the new Trader Sam’s! :cool1: Honestly, I would have preferred to do this while Izzy was napping in her stroller, but it sounds like it doesn’t open until 4pm, so too late for that. We’ll just hope she enjoys it too. We’ll want to get there around 4pm and hope to avoid crowds. At 8pm, it changes to adults only, but it’s family-friendly until then. I need to study the fun drink menu! :drinking1

After enjoying the new tiki bar and probably exploring the renovated Poly a bit, we’ll take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. I have to say that I’m a little sad that we won’t be able to see the Welcome Show this trip (and Izzy has NEVER seen it!) – we have two MK afternoons and the one morning we have is pre-rope-drop-ADR). Something to look forward to on a future trip, I guess.

All of our MK time this day is pretty open. Since we’ll have already used our FP+ at DHS, we won’t have any for MK. However, we can get our 4th FP+ when we enter and maybe get some on Izzy’s band too. I’m thinking that we’ll focus on Fantasyland things that Izzy will enjoy. We can ride the mountains on our own late nights, but this is the family MK time. I also want to get in a ride on the Peoplemover and the Train. We don’t have to do Peter Pan, Barnstormer, or meeting Anna/Elsa, as we have FP+ for those during the second half of our trip (though I’d consider any if they were a near walk-on). I’m hoping we can meet Talking Mickey and maybe see Tink on the way out too.

Dinner is open – MK quick service of our choice. Depends where we’re at and what we want at that point.

After dinner, Dug and Izzy will head out at some point for her bedtime and I will stay for Wishes and maybe MSEP (park is open to midnight and parade is 9pm and 11pm). I’m not sure if they’ll take the bus or if they’ll take the ferry or monorail to the TTC, then drive the rental car back. Whichever they do, I’ll do the opposite when I head out.

For my late MK night, I’ll try to focus on the big rides I want to get in. I do have another late MK night, but it’s the 24 hour day, so I’m expecting to do a lot of wandering and observing, but probably not a lot of rides, due to long lines that night.

After my fun solo time in the Magic Kingdom, I’ll need to get back to Boardwalk Villas and get some quality sleep before we head to the Disney Dream in the morning! :sail:

I absolutely love that SW shirt! It is very appropriate. The breakfast should be fun, it will be interesting to see how Izzie reacts. I know I saw you post some where (maybe the SWW thread) that she likes Darth Vader, my ds2 does too but I'm wondering what he'll do when he actually meets him :confused3. Anyway plans sound great you'll have to let us all know what you think of a Trader Sam's.

went to look up a picture to post of a Star Wars shirt I’d gotten from Target awhile back – I couldn’t find my shirt, but I found toddler shirts on clearance (up to 50% off) PLUS a sale where you get another 10% off if you buy two, plus all my normal discounts. Long story short, I had no intention of adding to her collection, but Izzy now has 6 more Disney shirts (a couple Frozen, an Ariel, Ariel/Belle/Snow, Minnie, and a Minnie Santa shirt to wear when she meets Santa next Christmas – planning ahead here!) I think I have a problem… (however, I can justify that we are taking a 12-day trip in hot weather, so she’s going to need a lot of changes of clothes).

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:Glad I'm not alone in that! 2 outfits per day times 10 days = A LOT of shirts! So you aren't alone by any means! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I don’t think you can get much more appropriate than that for this meal! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2 Perfect for that meal for sure! ::yes::
However, we can get our 4th FP+ when we enter and maybe get some on Izzy’s band too.
I've heard some clarification on this and I don't think it will work. The only thing her band is good for is opening the room. Aparently.

Oh, wow, 95th birthday - that's awesome! Well, if you ever are out here and bored, I'm sure Izzy would love to play with Rory! :goodvibes

I will keep that in mind -we are usually bored when we visit the in-laws and are looking for things to do!

Too funny that you bought MORE clothes for Izzy! She will definitely be well-dressed.

The pot roast at 50's PTC is really good - and this is coming from someone who rarely eats meat! I haven't had the milkshake, but have heard a lot of good things about it!

That is smart about the one-way rentals to the port. The only downside would be that you have to store the carseat in your stateroom, right?

I can't wait to hear about Trader Sam's. We won't check it out when we're there next week since Michael is the only one who could indulge (I'm being selfish!)

I'm working on getting details together for our December trip (no park hours yet... so waiting on that), but you've inspired me to do a late night solo trip! My husband doesn't even care to do one at this point, but I'm getting so excited for it! Interestingly, in the 4 or so adult trips I've taken, I don't believe I've ever been in the park alone. I know that I've sat and waited for people, or looked for people or gone to the bathroom --- but I've definitely never been like "I'm going to go ride Splash! See ya!". So, I'm super excited to just have the freedom to do whatever I want! Here's hoping my husband will let me sleep in the next day, too!!! :drive: (not sure why, but this driving the bus emoji seemed so happy and fitting!)

ok, backed up two updates but will try to comment on the highlights

First, reading your update about always new things to try keeps drawing you back and how at Disney $15 is free reminds me of something I saw today that said Walt Disney World is a people trap set my a mouse ;)

Hope things work out with your morning in AK - definitely seems like you are trying to fit in all your "must dos". depending on how things work might have to pick Dinosaur or Everest to still get to Sanaa on time

Speaking of Sanna ...

So I read today that they will not change the name to Disney Springs until it is done in 2016 so definitely good to still call it DTD for now.

Definitely might be nice just to walk around and check out what is new/different. They should have the new dockside margarita place in which could fun to check out. Hope dinner works out - probably will be nice to have some adult conversation - hopefully the kids cooperate.

Of course they are adding new things to SWW - never underestimate their ability to squeeze another buck out of people ... though, it actually sounds like a fun area and I know we were joking about $15 being free at Disney, but if it is something unique and have some characters, etc, $15 really is pretty reasonable.

Hi my name is Dugette and I am addicted to buying Disney clothes for my daughter [crowd]Hi Dugette![/crowd]

Reading about Dug showing Star Wars cartoons to Izzy reminded me of a video I saw to today of people showing the Star Wards trailer to toddlers - I bet that would be funny to capture Izzy seeing it. (I posted a video of Emma watching it to Facebook - pretty funny even if some of her reactions were just coincidence)

Sounds like a great MGM 1/2 day. The galactic breakfast sounds so cool (just breakfast at Sci Fi looks good - and I think they play fun Star Wars stuff instead of B-movie sci fi stuff). The trading with jawas sounds really fun too. I read some reports where people said they got like a broken button back or something. They you have FP+ for all the big stuff which is great and then lunch at Prime Time - really seems like a nice schedule.

The new Trader Sam's looks awesome! They have the outside patio too if there is too long of a wait for the main room - plus they have a dole whip shake you can only get outside. Some of the other drinks look fun too - read good things about the dark and stormy. They have some snack too there so if you can get some food there then might only need more snacks later at MK.

Sounds like a good idea to focus on family rides that afternoon and for you two to hit the bigger rides during your solo time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter