Is Mickey a Captain or a Jedi? Both! - May '15 Land & Sea ~ Updated 6/14: Trip Report Started!

So, you know all that stuff I’ve said so far about our WDW/SWW plans? ::yes:: Well, forget all that! :eek: Okay, maybe not all of it, but Disney decided to surprise us yet again and drastically change our “finalized” plans. :faint:
Don't you love when they release info right after you feel confident enough to call your plans final! :rotfl: Hope you weren't too thrown with this week's park hours changes. They actually worked in our favor a bit.

So, is it worth $198 to do this? I mean, I probably won’t even go to the shows (for sure not all 4 – Izzy wouldn’t have the patience for that). And it makes for a long day. BUT, and this is the big factor for me, it frees up SO MUCH time on other days to do other parks! Instead of having to use tons of Tier 1 DHS FP+ over multiple days to see the shows without extensive line time, Dug can knock most of them out at once and be done with it. We can get more MK time. Maybe even AK (maybe!). So, I think we’re doing this. Though we’ll have to take a good, hard look at our budget and make sure we can do it (or cancel some ADRs). :teacher:
Based on your plans? I think it will be. I would do it if you can make it work budget wise.

Random story: I discovered today at work that I have a co-worker (one of our sales reps) that is a huge Disney fan. I had no idea. She was telling me about a big client she has in Orlando and said something about owning property there that she stays at when she goes to visit the client’s site. I asked her about it and…it’s DVC that she owns! Saratoga Springs and Grand Floridian. They just came back from WDW on Friday (and stayed at Boardwalk Villas!) They go every year and just love it. She has an AP right now too (and Tables in Wonderland). She was telling me how awesome Downtown Disney is these days. She’s also been on three Disney cruises and loved them too. So super fun to talk to her! I am surprised how many co-workers I have that are WDW fans: another accounting person (a newer hire) has taken her 6 (!!! :faint: ) kids there yearly since they were small. Our CFO is a huge fan too (he doesn’t seem like the type at all). Several others are at least casual fans. Not to mention that our daycare provider is a Disney freak too. And my former boss. I am in good company, even off the boards! (But, of course, you guys are all THE BEST! :grouphug:)
Fun stuff! :thumbsup2

I find doing this exercise is helpful to me because it forces me to really visualize the day and I often find weak spots in my plans that need to be addressed. :thumbsup2
I found typing out the final plans helpful as well.

Also, on another prep note, I actually opened a suitcase tonight and started throwing things into it that we won’t need until the trip – water shoes, raincoats, swimsuits, glow sticks, etc. I’m hoping this will help make the last-minute packing easier.
I've actually got a whole staging area with Laundry baskets going. It seems to help organize the brain

(Which makes me think I’ll want to pack a bag for the parks in advance…:idea:)
::yes:: When we went to California, our park bag - which is a backpack - was my personal item on the plane. It essentially had the snacks and entertainment devices for the plane as well as the items we would have in it to go to the parks.

Sometimes she needs a couple meets before feeling comfortable. We’ll see how it goes – toddlers are so different from trip to trip.
I know... Good luck!!!!

Dug will have used all of his FP+, so maybe he can get a 4th one. OR, when we enter the park, we can use Izzy’s Magic Band to get one and they can use that. :tiptoe:
I don't think you can use Izzy's to do it... since she won't have a ticket, it won't recognize her for an FP+. But you should definitely have no problem getting a 4th for Dug after he uses his third one.

I’ll take Izzy over to Sunshine Seasons to acquire the Warm Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie that I read about on the Disney Food Blog. That is, if I am hungry enough for it.
That last sentence just doesn't even make sense. :rolleyes1

Our dinner ADR is at 7:50pm at the Garden Grill, so we’ll be right there.
Oh... there's that. Now I'm conflicted. Chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness before stuffing yourself silly at GG? Hmm... tough call.

Great idea for daily posts!

I think it's a great idea to pack separate park/cruise bags if you can. Keeping those items separate will help so much in the transition down there.
Same idea with the park bag!

It sounds like you will have a full afternoon! I never seem to think of Soarin' taking that long but it really does with the forever walk through the queue. Glad there is plenty to do in the Land Pavilion!

It's so great that you're going to be so close to Epcot and can easily catch Illuminations or pop over to Sunshine Seasons for dessert!

First of all, I am disappointed to see that you can go a whole month without using your glow sticks ;)

Will definitely have to have some strategies with the packing for this trip as having the separate bag(s) for the cruise and then one to take to the park the first day if your room isn't ready, etc. Though, maybe the later can double as one of your carry on bags as probably need some of the similar stuff

TIW is definitely worth the money - well, at least for us it was as the 20% off works on alcohol too and, compared to the dining plan, you can dine how you want (i.e., get a couple of appetizers and split an entree or something) - too bad it doesn't count towards the EPCOT food kiosks though

Seems like a good plan all around (hitting up a bunch of big things, getting in some World Showcase wandering and food booth time, character meets, etc.) ... knowing the time you will have while ride swapping on Soarin' you could maybe do one of the character meets (the spot or the Visa Chase meet if that is still open) while one of you rides or do some of innoventions (not sure how much is still open) if you don't want to do Living with the Land twice

Certainly hope Garden Grill is spinning for you!

That's such a great idea to do a post each day for "a month from now" plans!!! :thumbsup2 You just may inspire me to do the same! ::yes::

I've been really wanting to try Garden Grill - I love everything about the Land pavilion and each time I walk by that restaurant I think "I gotta try this place!" :laughing:

Your plans for Day 1 sound great - and the bonus is that it makes you really think things through to see if anything needs to be tweaked. Again, I really should copy you on this!

I cannot believe how close our trips are getting!!! :hyper:

Sounds like a good day too me. I like your idea of thee post a day one month out, it really helps organize your plans.
Thanks, I like this day a lot! And these posts are a lot of work, but they really help me manage the days. I actually refer to them while on the trip to remind myself of things too.

I'll be at DHS the next day too for the rd Chewie run, maybe I'll see you there. I wasn't planning on doing the pin thing since I don't actually participate in that thread, just lurk, but who knows.
Oh, awesome! If you see us, say hi! :wave: I don't participate a whole lot in the thread, but I think the pins are more of a way for DISers to spot other DISers - I'd venture to say that most people will only recognize the few main posters/leaders, but would be happy to spot any other DISers. :goodvibes

We almost always fly Sun Country from MSP to MCO. We love it, especially being able to fly from Terminal 2. You can't beat how close together everything is & at that time of the morning security has almost always been a pretty much walk right through with no wait. Breakfast choices are kind of limited. There is a nice play area that we let DS run around in before the flight to burn off some of that extra morning energy.
Thanks for all the info! That sounds great! I love the idea of being in a small, quiet terminal! :thumbsup2 I did read there was a play area, but didn't know anything about it, so that's great to hear - I'll have to keep that in mind if we have some time to spare.

The Hess store is still a bit of a walk from the Boardwalk by the time your walk from the DVC side through the parking lo,t across the road & probably up about a block from there & there is no sidewalk once you cross the street. We've done it a couple of times because things are a lot cheaper & the selection is better but, I would bring a rolling suitcase or a bag with handles to carry stuff in because they give you brown paper sacks which get really heavy on your walk back.
Okay, thanks, that's all good to know. Hoping we'll be good with the Boardwalk's store. Good idea on bringing a rolling suitcase, though. Or the stroller maybe. :idea: I plan to get milk, so I'd rather not carry it back, along with eggs and everything else.

Have fun! I wish we had a trip planned for this year. I guess it's not too late to fit one it.... :)
Never too late! :thumbsup2

Don't you love when they release info right after you feel confident enough to call your plans final! :rotfl: Hope you weren't too thrown with this week's park hours changes. They actually worked in our favor a bit.
Okay, that really threw me off when you said park hour changes. I've been checking occasionally, but I did again after reading this and found that we now have another late-night MK opportunity, should either of us feel we haven't had enough yet. The 23rd now has EMH from 1-3am! :faint:

Based on your plans? I think it will be. I would do it if you can make it work budget wise.
I did go through the budget and we should be good, thankfully. :teacher:

Fun stuff! :thumbsup2
Love finding Disney people. Today, our daycare provider was wearing a Minnie/Mickey shirt and her DH was wearing a Mickey shirt and they hadn't even consulted each other. Guess they both just have good taste in shirts. ::yes::

I found typing out the final plans helpful as well.
Somehow it really makes a difference to me to have it as a narrative vs. just a list. Helps me visualize better.

I've actually got a whole staging area with Laundry baskets going. It seems to help organize the brain
Oooh, smart! My small suitcase is already overflowing, but I think I have an empty laundry basket somewhere around here. :idea:

::yes:: When we went to California, our park bag - which is a backpack - was my personal item on the plane. It essentially had the snacks and entertainment devices for the plane as well as the items we would have in it to go to the parks.
I was thinking something along those lines, but we'll have to arrange carefully. I don't want to bring electronics or unnecessary toys into the parks and there are some things we like for the parks that are hard to carry on a plane. I think we can manage something, though.

I know... Good luck!!!!
Thanks! Last August at WDW and on our Aulani trip in November, she was absolutely in love with characters and it was wonderful. I'm hoping she still is, but I know that can all change quickly.

I don't think you can use Izzy's to do it... since she won't have a ticket, it won't recognize her for an FP+. But you should definitely have no problem getting a 4th for Dug after he uses his third one.
Actually, unless something has changed recently, this does work (at the kiosks only, not in the app or in advance). There are a bunch of threads about all the crazy things people do for unlinked Magic Bands they can use to get extra FP+ at the kiosks, due to the loophole (it doesn't need park admission). All I've ever done is use Izzy's (or Dug's) band for a few extras day-of. At the kiosk, it will let you pick 3 of whatever's still available that day. :stir:

That last sentence just doesn't even make sense. :rolleyes1
Oh... there's that. Now I'm conflicted. Chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness before stuffing yourself silly at GG? Hmm... tough call.
I know, right? :confused3 Tough Disney decisions!

Great idea for daily posts!
Thanks!

I think it's a great idea to pack separate park/cruise bags if you can. Keeping those items separate will help so much in the transition down there.
Same idea with the park bag!
I really need to try to find out if we can leave bags at BWV between our split stays there (while on the cruise). I hope so, since that will be easier than lugging unnecessary things on the cruise with us.

It sounds like you will have a full afternoon! I never seem to think of Soarin' taking that long but it really does with the forever walk through the queue. Glad there is plenty to do in the Land Pavilion!
Yeah, it takes a long time to walk, wait, ride, etc. But The Land can keep you busy for awhile.

It's so great that you're going to be so close to Epcot and can easily catch Illuminations or pop over to Sunshine Seasons for dessert!
I am REALLY excited about the location at BWV - walking to Epcot and DHS is a huge perk! :hyper:

First of all, I am disappointed to see that you can go a whole month without using your glow sticks ;)
Ha, I guess we're not very exciting. :rotfl:

Will definitely have to have some strategies with the packing for this trip as having the separate bag(s) for the cruise and then one to take to the park the first day if your room isn't ready, etc. Though, maybe the later can double as one of your carry on bags as probably need some of the similar stuff
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I will have to make a pretty organized packing list and work this all out. Still debating if we do laundry at any point or bring 12 days worth of clothes...:scratchin

TIW is definitely worth the money - well, at least for us it was as the 20% off works on alcohol too and, compared to the dining plan, you can dine how you want (i.e., get a couple of appetizers and split an entree or something) - too bad it doesn't count towards the EPCOT food kiosks though
I wish it worked at the kiosks! But, yeah, even with just the food, we're ahead. Throw on some drinks and even better. And we do like sharing and such, so the flexibility is great.

Seems like a good plan all around (hitting up a bunch of big things, getting in some World Showcase wandering and food booth time, character meets, etc.) ... knowing the time you will have while ride swapping on Soarin' you could maybe do one of the character meets (the spot or the Visa Chase meet if that is still open) while one of you rides or do some of innoventions (not sure how much is still open) if you don't want to do Living with the Land twice
That's true. I think we both want to see the character meets, if possible. And we have to bring Izzy into Soarin' to get the Rider Swap, so not really anxious to leave again and come back, etc. We all like LWtL, so I think we'd be fine with that.

Certainly hope Garden Grill is spinning for you!
Me too! I remember how neat that was when we went years ago!

That's such a great idea to do a post each day for "a month from now" plans!!! :thumbsup2 You just may inspire me to do the same! ::yes::
Thanks! Go for it! Others have done it too and it's fun and helpful. I've done it before and not always a month - you can do next week, 2 weeks, etc.

I've been really wanting to try Garden Grill - I love everything about the Land pavilion and each time I walk by that restaurant I think "I gotta try this place!" :laughing:
You should do it sometime! It's a great, relaxed character meal! :thumbsup2

Your plans for Day 1 sound great - and the bonus is that it makes you really think things through to see if anything needs to be tweaked. Again, I really should copy you on this!
Thanks - and, yes, it helps a ton for me to walk through like this and notice things I need to deal with. Often the logistics of getting around, etc.

I cannot believe how close our trips are getting!!! :hyper:
I know - under a month! :cool1:

I really need to try to find out if we can leave bags at BWV between our split stays there (while on the cruise). I hope so, since that will be easier than lugging unnecessary things on the cruise with us.

Are you renting a car? Would you feel comfortable leaving your things in the car at the port if BWV won't hold the bags?

One Month from Today – Friday, May 15th

So, first off, a couple trip-related things from today:

1.) Izzy had her 2.5 year old doctor appointment and came in at 34.75” without shoes. So, she should be good for the Barnstormer, so long as she doesn’t slouch. Yay! :cool1: Definitely no Mine Train for her, though (unless we bring 3” heels :rotfl2:).

2.) I asked her at dinner if she was excited for our trip and her answer was, “I’m not ready yet.” We agreed to wait until May to go. ::yes:: Guess she wants time to pack all the clothes I just bought her… :rolleyes1

3.) So, yeah, I apparently can’t stick to my guns too well where this trip is concerned. :o First, it was “we’ll mostly eat counter service” and then I ended up with so many ADRs that Tables in Wonderland paid for itself. :rotfl:I also have been saying all along that I would not go out and buy clothes for Izzy for the trip and instead just work with what she had in her closet (and save a few bucks). But then Kohl’s and Old Navy went and sent me emails about deals today and I saw cute things and….yeah….there will be some packages on the way. :confused3

But this allows me to post some pictures in this update!

The thing I got her from Kohl’s was actually something I’d seen in store awhile back and was keeping in mind in case I could ever catch it on a good enough sale. Well, it was on sale with the extra discount on top of that today, so I ordered it:

I showed Izzy the picture and she said she’d wear it, so we’ll see if she does (she also said it was Nemo with Ariel…:fish:) I was thinking this would be cute at Cinderella’s Royal Table. So long as Cinderella is not offended at being upstaged by Ariel. :rotfl:

While I was at it, I found this on clearance for me for like $3:

You can never have enough Frozen shirts for DHS, right?

And then Old Navy goes and has a “tax day sale”. I basically only buy clearance items from there and try not to spend more than $3-$5/item. This came out to 7 items for just over $50, so more than my usual. :sad2: But, it does give her some Star Wars shirts (I’m sure she’s outgrown the one she has). Here are the ones she can wear on Star Wars days at DHS:

We actually debated that second one. I read the couple reviews online and one pointed out that there is an “a” missing from before “trooper”. I showed the shirt to Dug and asked if he saw anything wrong and he spotted it immediately and it drove him semi-insane. :crazy2: But it’s still a cute shirt, so I got it anyway.

I should point out that almost everything I got was a “toddler boys” shirt. But this was the one girls shirt:

I’m thinking for Akershus?

Moving on to the cruise, she clearly needs to wear something special for Pirate Night:

I actually just showed her an episode of Jake and the Neverland Pirates the other day and she enjoyed it. I need to broaden her Disney Junior tastes beyond just “Minnie” (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), so she can enjoy some of those other characters on the trip. ::yes::

In addition, I got her a couple of Toy Story shirts:

I love those aliens, so this was required. And Izzy loves Buzz and often says, “To infinity and beyond!”

This other one is probably not going on the trip, as it’s a sweatshirt. But it was like $4 and I’m sure she’ll get some use out of it:

Though that would be adorable to put on if we go to the open house in the kids’ club on the cruise, since part of it is themed as Andy’s Room.

Finally, I had to add something to my cart to get free shipping and saw these:

I’m certain she’s outgrown all of her other pool shoes, so this will be good for pool time. She is currently obsessed with her Minnie Mouse boots, so maybe these will entice her to not wear boots in the Bahamas. :rotfl2:

Now, with all that fun out of the way, on to the month-from-now update:

Friday, May 15, 2015

We’ll get up early and make some egg sandwiches in the room. That reminds me – anyone know if there are toasters in the BWV studios? :listen: I’m thinking so, but not certain. At any rate, I haven’t decided yet on exactly how early. DHS opens at 8am and our plan is to get there early enough to see the opening show and then get to Chewie’s meet before the line is insane. I’m not sure what time that will entail we leave the room to walk over :confused: (or boat, but I’m not sure they’d be running yet?)

One thing that concerns me is that there are A LOT of us on the SWW thread that are planning to do the same thing at rope drop this day. :crowded: On the one hand, it’s cool – we can meet up and have a line full of DISers. :goodvibes But I’m just paranoid that we’re all going to make the line super long. And Dug is not a fast walker. I am, so maybe I could hold a spot for us, but there was a little debate about that on the thread and a few people were really against that sort of thing. :sad2: Of course, most people were cool with it. Worst case scenario, if the Chewie line is outrageous by the time we get there, we have two other mornings in DHS and could try to work him in. Aside from my worry about them causing a crowd, I think it would be fun to meet some of the others on the SWW thread – the “Guinea Pig DISers” (first SWW, we’re the guinea pigs for it). The main person who runs the thread should be there and I’d really like to thank her for keeping us all up to the second with valuable information. We’ll see how things go.

After the Chewie meet, we have a couple of FP+ to use. The first is on Dug’s band and it’s (appropriately) Star Tours, from 8:25-9:25am. We’ll get a Rider Swap and both take a spin. Next is Tower of Terror on my Magic Band from 8:45-9:45am. Again, we’ll get a Rider Swap and both take a drop.

There’s really no chance of us doing Toy Story Mania this day. Both of our Tier 1 Fast Passes are being used for SWW shows and we already have plans for rope drop. Luckily, we do have FP+ for TSM on our other two DHS days.

After our rides, we’ll want to find a spot to watch the parade at 11am. We do have the reserved spot on the second weekend, but I think we’ll still want to see it this first weekend, as the celebrity guests are different. So, hopefully we can stake out an acceptable viewing spot.

My lunch notes were originally to pick up some sandwiches from Starring Rolls and eat them while we wait for the parade. However, I read something the other day that indicated they don’t open until fairly late, so maybe that’s not an option. I guess I need to double-check on that. My alternative plan is to go to the Brown Derby Lounge immediately after the parade and try that out.

Our next FP+ (on both bands) is for the Frozen Sing-along, entrance time of 12:10-12:25pm. Hoping to get decent seats and enjoy the full show this time (see August TR for my last experience :rolleyes1).

Once we have Let It Go, we’ll be heading into naptime/split up time. Again, both shows that are unique to this weekend are on our Magic Bands for this afternoon. Dug will see all the other shows with the package the next weekend. Because these shows are Tier 1, we had to use both of ours up for this day. The first one, Behind the Force, has a return window of 1:20-1:35pm and is on my Magic Band. I will probably hang around DHS until close to that time. I actually will have 6 Magic Bands by this trip (we each get three because of our triple split stay and I have two from prior trips and 1 for my AP). So, no problem giving Dug one to wear for this show. However, I want to make sure that I’m not scanning one of my other ones for Epcot admittance before he’s checked into the show. The silly things the tiering is making us do, huh? :confused3

After that show, Dug will have a little bit of free time to do whatever. The next show, Stars of the Saga, is on his Magic Band with a return window from 2:50-3:05pm. After that show, he will make his way over to Epcot to meet us.

While he’s seeing the shows, I’ll be heading over to Epcot with Izzy (probably walking – good way to get her to sleep for naptime). Lauren and Aria should be over there, so we’ll meet up for a bit. Not sure what we’ll do. Depends if the girls are sleeping. If not, we could ride Donald’s boat or the girls could try out the Flower and Garden playgrounds. We’ll play it by ear. In theory, I could use Izzy’s Magic Band at a kiosk to get some FP+ for Epcot too. And a 4th one with mine. I believe Lauren has dinner at Tutto Italia this evening with her friend Lynda and Lynda’s boyfriend Aron, so we’ll split up at some point.

Dug and I plan to dine at the Outdoor Kitchens for Flower and Garden. You may recall that we had a big list of items we were interested in and we only have lunch on our first day and this dinner to try them. So, we’ll see how many we manage to eat/drink. This is a very flexible evening. If I still needed to acquire that Sunshine Seasons brownie, I could. If we wanted to watch Illuminations, we could. The only real plan is that I head back to BWV with Izzy for bedtime at a reasonable hour and Dug stays in Epcot to enjoy the late Extra Magic Hours from 9-11pm.

You know, that day actually seems a lot more relaxed writing it out than seeing it on a spreadsheet. I like that! :thumbsup2

Oh, one other thing to note. I am the proud owner of a number of Jedi Mickey’s Hollywood and Vine dinner ADRs that I probably will not use. :blush: Until I can get the day/time I really want, I’m hanging onto them. So, I still have a 5pm H&V + Fantasmic package this night. We really don’t want to have to go back to DHS and miss our food booth dinner, not to mention cut into Dug’s EMH substantially with Fantasmic, so we don’t want to have to use this ADR. But it’s there, should worse come to worse. Because we really want to get that meal in. Hoping I can cancel this ADR soon and make someone’s day.

Are you renting a car? Would you feel comfortable leaving your things in the car at the port if BWV won't hold the bags?
We're only renting the car to/from, not leaving it at the port. So, they'd all have to come on the boat with us.

Izzy had her 2.5 year old doctor appointment and came in at 34.75” without shoes. So, she should be good for the Barnstormer, so long as she doesn’t slouch. Yay! :cool1: Definitely no Mine Train for her, though (unless we bring 3” heels :rotfl2:).

Yay for Izzy! ... by the way, can we borrow her 3" heels? I think Peter will need them to get on Radiator Springs Racers! :rotfl:

I know you have been trying to be good with $ but seems like you got everything pretty cheap and I feel fairly confident you will all get use out of Disney and Star Wars shirts - I like a lot of them a lot especially this one:
cn9143244_zpsi8v917dl.jpg

Now that I see the "a" is missing on that other shirt it kind of bugs me too ... I wonder if you could point that out and get some $ back ;)

Can it get kinda cool on the boat at night? Wondering if the Sweatshirt could come in handy for that.

So just checked and according to Disney's site, at the Boardwalk, all deluxe studios and villas have the following amenities:
  • Toaster :thumbsup2
  • Internet - Free WiFi Service
  • Microwave
  • Telephone with voice mail
  • Hair dryer
  • Iron & ironing board
  • DVD Player
  • Pack 'n Play Crib
  • In room safe
  • Coffee Maker
I know you had some issues with the timing of the boats last trip so might be safer to walk over - or at least for you and Izzy if Dug would prefer to take the boat. As far as the line spot holding, I would think if it is because the other person is slow/can't walk well/etc it shouldn't be an issue. If they were off doing other things then I guess I could see being a little annoyed. Also, if it is just 1 person coming later I think it is a lot different compared to if like 1 person holding the spot and 10 people coming and joining last minute.

I've heard really good things about the Brown Derby lounge. Maybe you could just get a snack (or bring some with you) to have while waiting for/watching the parade and then get some appetizers, etc. at the Lounge .... plus I think they do take TIW at the Lounge :thumbsup2

Sounds like a nice afternoon - Dug gets to get his shows in and you get some time with Lauren/Aria and wandering EPCOT.

Hope things work out and you can drop that H&V ADR ... does seem like it would make the evening much more hectic if there is another back-and-forth b/w EPCOT and DHS

The 15th sounds busy but fun - hopefully you can get in that meet first thing and not have to worry about it later in the trip.

Izzy's new clothes are very cute - that is why I have a lot of upcycles made because there are a lot of cute boys shirts out there! :) So fun she has some star wars shirts for the DHS days.

So glad to hear she will be able to make Barnstormer!! EEK! I wish we were in the MK at the same time, the girls could ride together!

Let's see, on the 15th we have CRT lunch at noon, then we'll probably get in 1 more ride due to Fp's and then head out and straight to EPCOT. Maybe take the monorails since we'll have to park super far away at EPCOT, we'll see. So I imagine being at EPCOT around 2 or so, and Aria will probably nap until about 3:30. I think we'll plan to focus on the WS as well, meeting up for the playground would be fun! Or we may be checking out some KidCot stations. it's also Lynda's birthday so I'll need to see what she really wants to do. Our Tutto ADR is for 6 so we will have some time, and we may attempt a character meet just need to look at some schedules (thinking Aladdin & jasmine or maybe Pooh & Tigger). Oh and a ride (or two) on Donald's boat ride is definitely in order. Oh maybe a Duffy meet too...hmmm

Oh RE you holding the spot in line for Dug, I hate those threads where people bash doing that. I don't see any issue with it and you should go ahead and do it if Dug can't keep up.

Lastly, I believe the DVC section is the closest to DHS? You'd actually be backtracking to head to the boat then go to DHS and the walk will be really short, so I would just walk it, though as I've never stayed there (3 weeks EEK!) I could be wrong (going to go look that up now and I'll edit if I was wrong haha).

Actually, unless something has changed recently, this does work (at the kiosks only, not in the app or in advance). There are a bunch of threads about all the crazy things people do for unlinked Magic Bands they can use to get extra FP+ at the kiosks, due to the loophole (it doesn't need park admission). All I've ever done is use Izzy's (or Dug's) band for a few extras day-of. At the kiosk, it will let you pick 3 of whatever's still available that day. :stir:
Hmmm... I didn't recall DD's showing up even at the kiosks. Maybe it did and I just missed it. :confused3 I was usually getting a blanket FP+ for the group anyway (or just myself) and in a hurry so I didn't pay a lot of attention.

2.) I asked her at dinner if she was excited for our trip and her answer was, “I’m not ready yet.” We agreed to wait until May to go. ::yes:: Guess she wants time to pack all the clothes I just bought her… :rolleyes1
:rotfl2::rotfl: Well, at least she is exercising patience.

I actually just showed her an episode of Jake and the Neverland Pirates the other day and she enjoyed it. I need to broaden her Disney Junior tastes beyond just “Minnie” (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), so she can enjoy some of those other characters on the trip. ::yes::
Oh gosh... if she's anything like DD, show her some Sofia and she'll be hooked. Although Mickey is still usually the first show she'll request.

However, I want to make sure that I’m not scanning one of my other ones for Epcot admittance before he’s checked into the show. The silly things the tiering is making us do, huh?
:faint: How can you even keep track of it all?

You know, that day actually seems a lot more relaxed writing it out than seeing it on a spreadsheet. I like that! :thumbsup2
That's always a good thing.

Oh, one other thing to note. I am the proud owner of a number of Jedi Mickey’s Hollywood and Vine dinner ADRs that I probably will not use. :blush: Until I can get the day/time I really want, I’m hanging onto them. So, I still have a 5pm H&V + Fantasmic package this night. We really don’t want to have to go back to DHS and miss our food booth dinner, not to mention cut into Dug’s EMH substantially with Fantasmic, so we don’t want to have to use this ADR. But it’s there, should worse come to worse. Because we really want to get that meal in. Hoping I can cancel this ADR soon and make someone’s day.
Good luck! I still hope that you can find it for another time that works better.

2.) I asked her at dinner if she was excited for our trip and her answer was, “I’m not ready yet.”
:rotfl:
1.) Izzy had her 2.5 year old doctor appointment and came in at 34.75” without shoes. So, she should be good for the Barnstormer, so long as she doesn’t slouch. Yay! :cool1: Definitely no Mine Train for her, though (unless we bring 3” heels :rotfl2:).

We are having this issue with Little Miss execpt last we measured Little Miss she was only about an 1 1/2 inches away from Soarn and Test Track.

But then Kohl’s and Old Navy went and sent me emails about deals today and I saw cute things and….yeah….there will be some packages on the way. :confused3

Oh I'm glad I didn't see that. I don't need more temptation. Not to mention I already have her 2 outfits a day wardrobe picked out. :rolleyes:

So long as Cinderella is not offended at being upstaged by Ariel. :rotfl:
I'm sure she is used to it. :rotfl:

And then Old Navy goes and has a “tax day sale”. I basically only buy clearance items from there and try not to spend more than $3-$5/item. This came out to 7 items for just over $50, so more than my usual. :sad2:
I've been there!

Oooo I hadn't seen this one. And dang it I am going to be killing time in a mall with an old navy this afternoon. :rotfl:I think I need to investigate!:lmao:

I’m thinking for Akershus?
Perfect!

Doc McStuffins is great for helping kids to understand medical things. Little Miss isn't scared of getting shots at all thanks to Doc.

This other one is probably not going on the trip, as it’s a sweatshirt.
I might bring it anyways. THat A/C can get COLD! :cold:
However, I want to make sure that I’m not scanning one of my other ones for Epcot admittance before he’s checked into the show.
I need to remember this. I hadn't thought of it.

We flew on Sun Country the last time we went to Minneapolis (from Boston). We had no issues whatsoever!

We have the same FP+ reservations for our Epcot day, as well, plus a Garden Grill reservation - too funny! I'm glad to hear that you've had good experiences there, it will be our first time.

Dug's Soarin' calculation of 30 minutes is helpful. I don't think I was factoring in that much time for Michael and I to each ride, and will need to see how I need to adjust our plans for that.

Cute new clothes!! Everything Rory has from last summer still fits him (tiny boy) so I said the same thing - no new clothes. It was the Children's Place that go me this morning!

I have used the toaster in the BWV studio every time we stay there, so I can confirm one should be in your room!

I love your new purchases for Izzy!

As for Starring Rolls- we always eat breakfast there after our Toy Story run. I just googled and it's open 9:00am- 4:00pm, so should be fine for lunch- it just closes early.

And now I'm craving a cupcake, as is my DD as she was watching me scroll for the hours. :cake: And I hear you on the no bouncing Minnie- see signature! ;)

I love all the shirts!!!

Your plans for that day sound great! And I'm sure it's nice to realize that your day may be more relaxed than you'd originally thought! :thumbsup2

Yay for Izzy! ... by the way, can we borrow her 3" heels? I think Peter will need them to get on Radiator Springs Racers! :rotfl:
:lmao: We'll have to find some gender-neutral platform shoes for them to share. :rotfl2:

I know you have been trying to be good with $ but seems like you got everything pretty cheap and I feel fairly confident you will all get use out of Disney and Star Wars shirts - I like a lot of them a lot especially this one:
Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure they'll get used. But this kid sure has a lot of clothes in her closet - many of which feature Disney characters. That reminds me, if I can find a crafty enough bone in my body, I should make her that princess lightsaber shirt you sent me. I love that one! :thumbsup2

Now that I see the "a" is missing on that other shirt it kind of bugs me too ... I wonder if you could point that out and get some $ back ;)
I know, it's annoying! :sad2: I'm not sure it's worth bugging them for a discount, though. Even for me. :rotfl:

Can it get kinda cool on the boat at night? Wondering if the Sweatshirt could come in handy for that.
Maybe, I'm not sure. I just figured that May is probably hot everywhere in that area. But, knowing me, I'll probably pack it anyway - just in case.

So just checked and according to Disney's site, at the Boardwalk, all deluxe studios and villas have the following amenities:
  • Toaster :thumbsup2
  • Internet - Free WiFi Service
  • Microwave
  • Telephone with voice mail
  • Hair dryer
  • Iron & ironing board
  • DVD Player
  • Pack 'n Play Crib
  • In room safe
  • Coffee Maker
Thank you! I love that I have my own research staff here! :goodvibes

I know you had some issues with the timing of the boats last trip so might be safer to walk over - or at least for you and Izzy if Dug would prefer to take the boat. As far as the line spot holding, I would think if it is because the other person is slow/can't walk well/etc it shouldn't be an issue. If they were off doing other things then I guess I could see being a little annoyed. Also, if it is just 1 person coming later I think it is a lot different compared to if like 1 person holding the spot and 10 people coming and joining last minute.
Yeah, I'm thinking we only do the boat if we know we have a cushion of extra time to work with. Or if Dug really needs to take it easy.

I agree on the line-spot-saving thing. In this case it's a character meet - I don't see how adding an extra family member or two causes anyone any problems - you're still just getting one meet and picture(s). And most people who responded to the comment from the anti-cutting person were very assuring that SWW people are very friendly and that is an easy line to get in/out of and they'd prefer that someone take their kid to the bathroom when needed, etc. I do remember from 2010 that people are actually really easygoing about letting people pop in and out of lines related to SWW. :goodvibes

I've heard really good things about the Brown Derby lounge. Maybe you could just get a snack (or bring some with you) to have while waiting for/watching the parade and then get some appetizers, etc. at the Lounge .... plus I think they do take TIW at the Lounge :thumbsup2
Oh, I hadn't even thought about Tables in Wonderland at the lounge - that would be good! Hmmmm, so maybe I could snack on a Starring Rolls cupcake during the parade...:scratchin

Sounds like a nice afternoon - Dug gets to get his shows in and you get some time with Lauren/Aria and wandering EPCOT.
Should be fun for both of us! ::yes:: And hopefully Izzy will have an enjoyable nap. :rotfl:

Hope things work out and you can drop that H&V ADR ... does seem like it would make the evening much more hectic if there is another back-and-forth b/w EPCOT and DHS
I am stalking away, but still no luck. If anyone sees either a dinner on 5/24 before 7:30pm or a later dinner on 5/25, let me know and/or grab it for me! :flower3:

The 15th sounds busy but fun - hopefully you can get in that meet first thing and not have to worry about it later in the trip.
I'm hoping it works out to meet Chewie right away without crazy lines! :chewy: I asked Izzy tonight if she wanted to meet him and she said yes. ::yes::

Izzy's new clothes are very cute - that is why I have a lot of upcycles made because there are a lot of cute boys shirts out there! :) So fun she has some star wars shirts for the DHS days.
I love your upcycles! I definitely see why you do them. I'm going the cheap way here and just doing the shirts, though - Izzy seems to be fond of pants/shorts vs. skirts/dresses anyway. I'm just hoping she doesn't refuse to wear everything I got her. :rotfl: She's been very picky lately. I'm glad she has some Star Wars options now, though.

So glad to hear she will be able to make Barnstormer!! EEK! I wish we were in the MK at the same time, the girls could ride together!
Oh my goodness, wouldn't that be adorable?! :lovestruc I would love to see them riding together. Too cute! Maybe someday when they're old enough to ride without an adult we'll be in the parks together again and they'll be riding buddies. :goodvibes

Let's see, on the 15th we have CRT lunch at noon, then we'll probably get in 1 more ride due to Fp's and then head out and straight to EPCOT. Maybe take the monorails since we'll have to park super far away at EPCOT, we'll see. So I imagine being at EPCOT around 2 or so, and Aria will probably nap until about 3:30. I think we'll plan to focus on the WS as well, meeting up for the playground would be fun! Or we may be checking out some KidCot stations. it's also Lynda's birthday so I'll need to see what she really wants to do. Our Tutto ADR is for 6 so we will have some time, and we may attempt a character meet just need to look at some schedules (thinking Aladdin & jasmine or maybe Pooh & Tigger). Oh and a ride (or two) on Donald's boat ride is definitely in order. Oh maybe a Duffy meet too...hmmm
All those sound like good plans to me! We'd be good with any combination of them. And thanks for the reminder on the Duffy meet - she always loves him. And I have never been to that Pooh & Tigger meet and would love to do that.

Oh RE you holding the spot in line for Dug, I hate those threads where people bash doing that. I don't see any issue with it and you should go ahead and do it if Dug can't keep up.
I agree - I hate those threads. That's why it really annoyed me when someone started that up in an otherwise extremely positive and helpful 400 page thread. Thankfully, it got dropped pretty quickly - I think everyone wanted to keep the tone of the thread the way it was and not get into that garbage on there. I think I will just move along quickly, as you said - otherwise, I think we'll be in for a very long (1-2 hour?) wait for this meet.

Lastly, I believe the DVC section is the closest to DHS? You'd actually be backtracking to head to the boat then go to DHS and the walk will be really short, so I would just walk it, though as I've never stayed there (3 weeks EEK!) I could be wrong (going to go look that up now and I'll edit if I was wrong haha).
Well, you didn't come back and edit, so I hope that means you're right. :rotfl: I am hoping it's an easy walk!

Hmmm... I didn't recall DD's showing up even at the kiosks. Maybe it did and I just missed it. :confused3 I was usually getting a blanket FP+ for the group anyway (or just myself) and in a hurry so I didn't pay a lot of attention.
I think you would have had to scan her band to see it. I don't think it attaches to the rest of your party. Weird, I know. But you had a totally different FP+ situation with a group vs. just me and Izzy, so not a surprise you wouldn't have seen it - and it probably wouldn't have been as useful with so many people (vs. August when we just needed one to ride - for "me", since Izzy didn't need one).

:rotfl2::rotfl: Well, at least she is exercising patience.
I just hope that she'll be ready to go when we really do want to leave. ::yes::

Oh gosh... if she's anything like DD, show her some Sofia and she'll be hooked. Although Mickey is still usually the first show she'll request.
I actually showed her a Sofia the other day and she seemed to enjoy it. I need to show her more. She actually knows Sofia because she's on her hat and she loves that hat. :rotfl:

:faint: How can you even keep track of it all?
Excel. And this report. Otherwise, I don't trust my own brain to remember such things. :rotfl2:

That's always a good thing.
I am actually feeling a lot better about our plans by writing them out and seeing that they're pretty reasonable. :thumbsup2

Good luck! I still hope that you can find it for another time that works better.
Thanks, I'm trying! Just need to catch a good one!

She loves to procrastinate. Often, I'll ask her if she wants to do something and she'll say "tomorrow". :rotfl2:

We are having this issue with Little Miss execpt last we measured Little Miss she was only about an 1 1/2 inches away from Soarn and Test Track.
Oh, wow, she's getting big! :cool1: Good luck with her measuring up! :goodvibes

Oh I'm glad I didn't see that. I don't need more temptation. Not to mention I already have her 2 outfits a day wardrobe picked out. :rolleyes:
Haha, I need to do that. I normally have 2 or 3 outfits a day figured out, but haven't gone through her closet to do that yet. I have some ideas, though.

I'm sure she is used to it. :rotfl:
Yeah, Ariel's pretty popular - and Cinderella does keep inviting her back to the castle, so she must be okay with it. :rotfl2:

I've been there!
Darn sales and stuff! :rotfl:

Oooo I hadn't seen this one. And dang it I am going to be killing time in a mall with an old navy this afternoon. :rotfl:I think I need to investigate!:lmao:
Oh, no! I wonder if you ended up with anything. :rolleyes1

Thanks! I think it's reasonably appropriate for Akershus. Especially since I'm not buying her a princess dress. :rotfl:

Doc McStuffins is great for helping kids to understand medical things. Little Miss isn't scared of getting shots at all thanks to Doc.
I should have her watch that too - thanks for the reminder! I know she's seen at least one episode before, but we'll have to put some more on.

I might bring it anyways. THat A/C can get COLD! :cold:
Good point!

I need to remember this. I hadn't thought of it.
And I don't know if it would cause any problems, but just seems like it could throw up a red flag or something. :confused3

We flew on Sun Country the last time we went to Minneapolis (from Boston). We had no issues whatsoever!
Great to hear! I generally hear good things about them, so looking forward to giving them a try. Do you come to Minneapolis often, by the way?

We have the same FP+ reservations for our Epcot day, as well, plus a Garden Grill reservation - too funny! I'm glad to hear that you've had good experiences there, it will be our first time.
Haha, great minds! :goodvibes I hope you have a great time. I've loved that the characters just seem relaxed and come around more than once in some cases. Be sure to ask for an outside booth - good view and feels more private for the meets :thumbsup2 (can't have a high chair at them, though).

Dug's Soarin' calculation of 30 minutes is helpful. I don't think I was factoring in that much time for Michael and I to each ride, and will need to see how I need to adjust our plans for that.
Yeah, I would factor in that much time. I mean, it's possible you might hit it just right to walk right on, but it's one of the longer ride cycles.

Cute new clothes!! Everything Rory has from last summer still fits him (tiny boy) so I said the same thing - no new clothes. It was the Children's Place that go me this morning!
Haha, I guess we're in the same boat. Izzy still fits in a lot of things she's already worn to Disney too. She's mostly still wearing her 2Ts now.

I have used the toaster in the BWV studio every time we stay there, so I can confirm one should be in your room!
Great! That will be nice to have. Can make English muffins or whatever to put the egg sandwich on. :thumbsup2

I love your new purchases for Izzy!
Thank you!

As for Starring Rolls- we always eat breakfast there after our Toy Story run. I just googled and it's open 9:00am- 4:00pm, so should be fine for lunch- it just closes early.
Okay, I wonder what that one person was talking about? The only thing I can think is that maybe they don't have the sandwiches that early? :confused3 But I can always have cupcakes for lunch. :rotfl2:

And now I'm craving a cupcake, as is my DD as she was watching me scroll for the hours. :cake: And I hear you on the no bouncing Minnie- see signature! ;)
Mmmmm, cupcakes. :hyper: Ha, I'd never noticed that in your siggie! They need to add a smilie! ::yes::

Oh- and you can get the "I'm Celebrating" pin when you check in!
Thanks for the reminder! I wonder what we say we're celebrating? Just being at SWW, I guess?

I love all the shirts!!!
Thanks!

Your plans for that day sound great! And I'm sure it's nice to realize that your day may be more relaxed than you'd originally thought! :thumbsup2
It's really nice. I'm feeling much the same way about the next day I'm going to post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter