Is McCain "Milking" His POW Status?

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Jimmy Carter, who is supporting the candidate with no experience and no achievement seems to think he is.

Former president Jimmy Carter speaks to USA TODAY reporters and editors Thursday at the Democratic National Convention in Denver.

By Alan Gomez, USA TODAY
DENVER — Former president Jimmy Carter called Republican presidential candidate John McCain a "distinguished Naval officer," but said the Arizona senator has been "milking every possible drop of advantage" from his time served as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.
Carter spoke Thursday with USA TODAY ahead of Barack Obama's acceptance speech to cap off the Democratic National Convention. Carter spoke of Obama's challenges facing the lingering effects of racism in America, the ability of the Clintons to bring their supporters over to Obama and decried Sen. Joe Lieberman's decision to "abandon" the Democrats by speaking at the Republican National Convention next week.

Yes, Dawn, he is. The fact that he's a POW is actually not pertinent to every single question asked of him, and he's been working it into a LOT of responses... like on late night talk shows.

Yes. It is not an explaination for why he didn't know how many houses he owns.

Yes, Dawn, he is. The fact that he's a POW is actually not pertinent to every single question asked of him, and he's been working it into a LOT of responses... like on late night talk shows.

Yep every one of them will milk anything they think is an advantage. Nothing new.

Like Rudy with 9/11, McCain's responses to everything now are a noun, a verb, and a POW.

Yep every one of them will milk anything they think is an advantage. Nothing new.

There's gotta be a way to make a drinking game out of this... My ideas have us watching the other's candidate make their big speech, and I just don't think our friendship is that strong. :laughing:

I'm watching Obama tonight. What am I supposed to drink on?

What does this response have to do with the price of tee in china exactly?

McCain actually responded to that question with the word "POW" in the sentence. You reflect our confusion.

Can I use the tired dem line: "Yeah, like any of you were going to vote for him anyway.":lmao: :rotfl2: If Carter, or anyone else, thinks McCain is "milking every possible drop of advantage", then it just illustrates that they are exaggerating for a purpose. I can imagine it being used to a much greater extent than it has been. Knowing how much it annoys some people, I wish he would.:rotfl:

There's gotta be a way to make a drinking game out of this... My ideas have us watching the other's candidate make their big speech, and I just don't think our friendship is that strong. :laughing:

I have actually watched every single major speech and probably 90% of the minor ones. I have read Sun Tzu :)

Can I use the tired dem line: "Yeah, like any of you were going to vote for him anyway.":lmao: :rotfl2: If Carter, or anyone else, thinks McCain is "milking every possible drop of advantage", then it just illustrates that they are exaggerating for a purpose. I can imagine it being used to a much greater extent than it has been. Knowing how much it annoys some people, I wish he would.:rotfl:

Ummm raises hand I was and still am going to vote for him.... They all do it.

Well now that's easy, everytime he says "hope" or "change", we all take a drink.:thumbsup2

I have actually watched every single major speech and probably 90% of the minor ones. I have read Sun Tzu :)

I took my threadjack to another thread. *wave* Come over and try to get me foxed. :rotfl: It won't take much!

McCain actually responded to that question with the word "POW" in the sentence. You reflect our confusion.

Thank you. When Jay Leno asked him about how many houses he owned, McCain said I was a POW for 5 1/2 years, said just about the same thing to Katie Couric.

Respectfully, I have to disagree with you. The fact of his POW ordeal will affect every answer he gives. It will shape his decision as president just as Eisenhower's leadership experience and JFK's PT109 experience affected his.

It really doesn't have anything to do with voting for him. I just can't understand how being a POW caused him not to know how many houses he owns. He said it at least twice that I know of, and if that's not milking his POW status I don't know what is.

He runs the risk of turning his POW experience into a punch line, much like Guliani did when he nine-elevened everything. For his own sake I hope he stops.

Thank you. When Jay Leno asked him about how many houses he owned, McCain said I was a POW for 5 1/2 years, said just about the same thing to Katie Couric.

Actually it was in response to Biden's attack about getting around a kitchen table, that he first had to decide which table at which one of his 7 houses. McCain said that when he spent 5/12 years as a POW, he didn't have a kitchen table, he didn't have any table, no bed -- nothing and that he couldn't wait to get back to America so he could.

I think that with the millions that Biden and Obama make, they shouldn't throw stones...

First thing Obama did when he got money was to make a crooked deal with a now-felon to get a $400,000 discount on his mansion in Chicago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter