is Jungle Cruise the worst ride at MK?

During the day, it's just so-so - but at night, it's fantastic!

This! I enjoy the Jungle Cruise most at night, it is a completely different experience than daylight hours. I would recommend giving it a second chance on your next trip and riding it at night..

I LOVE Jungle Cruise. For me, it is Disney nostalgia, much like IASW. Now if you said Stitch....which my little Princess and I were just discussing this morning.....I would agree!

Did you ride it at night?

Edit: Oops, riding at night was already covered.

I can see not loving it if you rode it for the first time as an adult. I have to ride it every visit, even with all it's corniness. It is purely a nostalgia thing for me. Can't wait to try the Skipper Canteen in May!

IASW is the worst ride anywhere, but Stich should be the worst. It is that song that makes IASW take the prize. Jungle cruise is good for the corny jokes.

I can't think of any reason why I like that ride, but usually that is the first ride we go on whenever we go to MK. I couldn't think of going to MK and not riding Jungle Cruise, so I guess it IS just a nostalgia factor.

Only thing that bothered me about it was, last time we were there the water was purple/red o_O That was a little disturbing because at best, I've seen it brown not red. Either way, I still wouldn't skip it and I hope they NEVER (I doubt they would anyway) get rid of it.

As far as wait is concerned, the line for it does usually become unbearably long but if you get to it early enough in the day its a non-issue, but I guess its up to your priorities. We waited on standby that morning and waited about 15 minutes. We may have been able to do walk-on, but breakfast had taken a little longer than anticipated.

I didn't care for it. I know it's made to be corny, but I found it awfully annoying. Adding to the fact we waited about 45 minutes for it made it that much worse. Although, I may try it at night sometime (after recommendations here) if we can get on with a low line.

I can see not loving it if you rode it for the first time as an adult. I have to ride it every visit, even with all it's corniness. It is purely a nostalgia thing for me. Can't wait to try the Skipper Canteen in May!

Yep, same here! (Though I did Country Bear Jamboree for the first time since visiting in 70s, and will probably never do it again, LOL!)

Just came back from my first vacay to WDW and we stayed at AKL and had just visited AK Kilimanjaro Safari and went on jungle cruise. Maybe we were not impressed with the stuffed/inflatable animals because we had seen some many LIVE animals at AKL and AK.

This was far and away the LONGEST wait, even with a FP it took more than 30 minutes to get on a boat. My wife and I thought this was the worst ride/attraction of our entire trip.

Can anyone tell me what the fascination (other than nostalgia) is of Jungle Cruise?

Considering the "opportunity cost" to ride the ride (either use of FP+ or waiting in a long line covered, but outside), it's right up there. It might be the worst if only Tomorrowland Speedway and Stitch had the same cult following.

I like the Jungle Cruise but it is definitely better at night and you have to like corny jokes and get a CM who is good at delivering them.

Just came back from my first vacay to WDW and we stayed at AKL and had just visited AK Kilimanjaro Safari and went on jungle cruise. Maybe we were not impressed with the stuffed/inflatable animals because we had seen some many LIVE animals at AKL and AK.

This was far and away the LONGEST wait, even with a FP it took more than 30 minutes to get on a boat. My wife and I thought this was the worst ride/attraction of our entire trip.

Can anyone tell me what the fascination (other than nostalgia) is of Jungle Cruise?

My whole family loves the jungle cruise. ESPECIALLY if you can get in at night. We like the silly jokes, the calm boat ride through the "jungle". for *US* the worst ride at MK is The tomorrowland Speedway. *We* find THAT boring... bunch of cars on tracks. Meh. To each their own though as lots of folks ride that too.

Another good example of this, when little mermaid opened, we all loved it. Except my mother. Which surprised me as she loves It's a Small world, and I thought she'd love the dark ride with all the music and animatronics. Nope. didn't like it. But then, we went to Stitch's Escape with her. Which we all find ... underwhelming ( as many do ).... Well would you believe she thought it was great?!

you can never tell...

During the day, it's just so-so - but at night, it's fantastic!

THIS!! Saw on these boards to ride it at night for a whole different perspective. Did it take away the cheesiness NO, but that's the charm of it! Riding at night was cool too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!