• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth upgrading from CBR to a Delux

Magic Fanatic

Mouseketeer
After years of lurking, I am proud to say that I have finally joined the "Disney Cult" and here is my first post;

I will be there from Dec 4-11 with my family (Kids are 5 and 10). We have stayed at the CBR before and loved it. Currently we have room only reservations at CBR in hopes of future discounts. Question is what is the main difference in the Mod resorts and Deluxe and would you fine people give me some advice as what I should do. We would consider either upgrading to Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. I could really use some advice!

thats kind of a hard question to answer. I love caribbean beach as well, but WL is definitely my favorite and AKL was cool too. As far as the differences, its really all about the diferent theming. I dont think the rooms are much, if any bigger at those 2 deluxe resorts. I really think it comes down to the detail in the theming. Caribbean is much more spread out and doesnt have as cozy a feel as WL and AKL. I really love the WL for its relative compact size. Everything is inside the one building. No driving to the food court, etc. As far as the lobby for either deluxe, they are just fabulous and breathtaking. Plus, the deluxes each have the sit down restaurants as well. I dont know if Im answering your question or not. I will just say that you kind of have to experience those 2 deluxes to see what I mean. Its definitely a step up in quality I would say. Im not downing the caribbean at all. I love it there too, but if you get the chance to experience either WL or AKL, I would do it in a second! I would reccomend the WL. Its just incredible and with the discounts, not overly expensive. It has a boat ride to magic kingdom and one to fort wilderness as well. The atmosphere there is incredible, the grounds are immaculate. Those 2 hotels just have such a greater attention to detail and cozinesss and have much less of a "hotel" feel to them.

Magic Fanatic, :wave:

First WELCOME TO THE DIS,

You will be at WDW during the Christmas Season and The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful at this time of the year with all the Christmas decorations...No other resort has the same feeling @ Christmas for me. Plus your dates will be during MVMCP if you are going and staying at WL it will be so quick to get back to the lodge after the party.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party:
November 28, 30 and December 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 17, 2004
Join the celebration and make your holiday the merriest with Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party — the best gift that won't fit under your tree.

Your trip will be Magical wherever you stay.

I second the recommendation for the WL in Dec!!! The decorations are amazing! There are usually discounts at that time-it is value season. CBR is nice, but cannot compete with the deluxes.

Welcome to the DIS Boards! You can always find a helpful answer from friends here.

I have not stayed at the CBR, but many people rave about it. I have stayed at the AKL, and it is a beautiful resort. The soaring lobby, the restaurant, the atmosphere -- and the animals! As far as the WL goes, it looks incredible too -- in fact we are trying it out this summer!

One thing I have not seen mentioned in answer to your question about the differences between moderates and deluxes : in a deluxe resort, the entrance to your room is inside the building while in a moderate you enter your door from outside - like a motel. This is a factor that I consider.

Great theming at all the Disney levels though.

You'll have a great time no matter which you pick -- afterall, you will be at Disney!

::MinnieMo

Welcome to the "DIS" from a fellow Atlantan!

If you can afford to upgrade to a Deluxe, please do. The WL or GF would be a wonderful resort this time of year!

Good Luck!::yes:: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I hate to be the one to state otherwise, but my family went this past December, and stayed at CBR for 2 nights and WL for 3. As nice as WL was, we are from New England, so we felt kinda close to home with the woodsiness. And as for the X-mas decorations, to us, they were nice, but not spectacular. I don't know if we are just used to some stuff around here, and I am not looking to sway your thoughts, but we loved CBR best and would not pay more money for the WL. Now Poly if I could ever afford it, I would. I suppose I prefer to feel like I am in Florida or some some other Tropical environment.

To each their own, that's why they make them all different.

Good luck, you will be happy with whatever you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter