Is it worth the extra money to get adjoining concierge rooms?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Sixpack, Nov 29, 2012.

1. bmer1rick

bmer1rick DIS Veteran

Pretty easy answer. If you want to stay in concierge and want connecting staterooms.. jump at the Cat T and Cat V connecting.

Cat Vs don't connect to each other, just with the suites. With the age of your kids, you could probably all fit in a 1BR or RS, but don't think DCL will let you book 6 in either.

Enjoy your concierge cruise.. For us it is totally worth it. It is a totally different cruise in concierge.. so much more relaxing and everything is taken care of for you. My wife loves the concierge lounge with the free lattes.. Snacks are always available.. And if you get a 1BR, you can order dinner from any of the MDRs and have it delivered to your room.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sixpack

Sixpack Earning My Ears

Okay, so I called back concierge because clearly you all are correct that there are NO category V that are connecting (a quick search revealed that). Apparently, each time I called I used the term "adjoining" to refer to the rooms I'd like. Adjoining (and the rep is correct as I looked up the definition of the word during our call) means "next to" not "connecting." So, all this time I was calling back, they assumed I wanted rooms next to each other and just figured I knew that there were no category V "connecting" rooms. :confused3 I. kid. you. not.

I was initally annoyed by that, but I was sloppy with the terminology, I suppose. And, my situation is still the same, so why bother getting annoyed. But, really--a family of six MUST book a 1 bedroom suite if they want to be in connecting concierge rooms? Am I understanding this correctly? That seems odd to me.

Anyway, I really think we need "connecting" rooms, after hearing what you all have to say. I will discuss with DH some more and hopefully convince him! Time is the resource we have in least supply, so I figure it's worth the extra money to ensure our week is perfect! If I can't convince him or it's gone by the time I do, we'll probably just downgrade. Wish me luck!

4. Gatrcruzer

Gatrcruzer Mouseketeer

Downgrade! You will save soooo much money. And you won't miss what you've never had. You get a few nice perks with concierge, but most people manage to have wonderful, relaxing cruises without having a concierge or access to the lounge. We never needed a concierge on our cruise, so I'm so glad we didn't pay extra. You will feel so much better to have the connecting rooms, and more importantly, it won't cause a fight with your husband! :)

5. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

Did you book with a TA? For us this it one of the advantages of using a TA besides the extra onboard credit. Whenever we have wanted a cruise and they don't have the room we are looking for he will call and keep checking for us. We just let him know what we want.

6. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

It is an odd thing and this is one of the few advantages to the concierge suites on the classic ships. Even the Royal on the Dream/Fantasy can only accommodate 5 while on the classics it is 8. Maybe Disney just decided that there for this demographic adding the whole new category of the non-suite concierge room was a better choice then a 2 bedroom suite.

For us concierge is generally worth it, but we don't have a party of 6 yet either. But I agree that even though concierge is nice having connecting or close rooms to your kids is a must.

7. hbg4

hbg4 Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disne

I agree that with such a young family you should have connecting cabins. I don't think it would be much of a vacation if my DH and children were sleeping somewhere else. If you can afford it go with the Cat T and v cabins or downgrade to 2 connecting cabins in a another category. All 6 of you cramped in 1 small verandah cabin is not "cool", I'm sure that's why DCL does not sell their cabins that way.