Is It Worth It?

MaddieC

Earning My Ears
Hi there, I am starting to plan a trip for my bestfriend and I to go to Disney World next August after our graduation. We will both be 18, and probably paying for the trip ourselves so we are trying to save as much money as we can. We are just starting to do some research, and the previous times I have gone to Disney I have been with my family and we have always had the meal plan. However, now that I am older and neither me nor my bestfriend eat 3 meals a day, I don't know if the meal plan is worth buying. I did the math, and it prices out to about 60$ per person per day. Do you think we would spend that much if we just went to one nice sit down dinner a day? Just trying to determine if the buy is worth it. Thanks!

The plan for that price gives you 1QS, 1TS, and 1 snack per person per day - so not 3 meals.

You need to plot out where you're going to be eating, get an estimate for the cost of your meals, and compare it to the DP price to see if it's worth it. There's no absolute answer.

If you're trying to save money, you can bring things to eat in the room for breakfast and/or pack your own snacks to take into the park and just pay OOP for your one meal. That'd cost much less.

It really depends on where you eat and how much you think you'll be consuming. I agree with the first reply, you may want to price the restaurants you plan on going to. My boyfriend and I figured we would spend $50 per person a day, so the dining plan is worth it for us and that includes the one snack and TS meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter