Is it worth it to...

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Bertnie20, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Bertnie20

Bertnie20 Mouseketeer

stay at a basic hotel before the cruise then do disney?

2. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

how are you getting to the cruise? if driving - yea might stay offsite.

if using Disney transportation - no.

3. Bertnie20

Bertnie20 Mouseketeer

havent decided yet.. do you know how much it costs for both transporations, and prices of local hotels? ive never planned a cruise and the one time ive been to world we stayed on grounds. thanks for the help

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

6. buzz2400

buzz2400 <font color=teal>The TF waves to buzz2400's DS

If you give me a little more details, like what port going out of, I can give you some info. I have done cruises from port canaveral and just recently from tampa and also did disney. Also stayed offsite a few times.

7. 61maris61

61maris61 Mouseketeer

We did a Royal Caribbean cruise our of Port Canaveral several years back. Flew into Orlando, rented a car which we turned in near the port the next morning after staying at a nearby Residence Inn. After the cruise we rented another car and stayed off property while doing Disney for a few days.

As others have said, it helps if you can tell us what cruise line (Disney itself would make a BIG difference), and what the rest of your plans are.

Also, depending on the cruise line, there are numerous cruise info sites which might have useful information, although this site seems pretty complete and has lots of folks helping to answer your q's.

8. Bertnie20

Bertnie20 Mouseketeer

Disney cruise out of pc not sure if it's cheaper to stay offsite or insure before hand