Is it worth it to upgrade room ciew at CSR

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MrEVILdrPorkchop2u, Aug 8, 2012.

1. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u DIS Veteran

Would you suggest staying in a standard room or upgrade to a water view or preferred at CSR? My DW is not wanting to upgrade the room. We spend very little time in the room while we are there and she feels she'd rather use that money on doing something else. We don't care about needing to be near bus stops or the main building. Any thoughts on this?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

No I don't think it's worth upgrading to a water view, there's no balcony to sit and enjoy it. We do book GV simply because I don't want to face a parking lot, and hear cars starting up, doors slamming, etc early morning or late at night.

4. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

I agree a water view would not be worth it. We normally keep our curtains closed for privacy as people walk by and can see right in.

5. DizDaD7

DizDaD7 Truly a ~GOOFY~ Person.

i too wouldnt do it. not worth it imho. i did love my courtyard view in casitas 3. perfect location.

6. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

It would be worth it if you plan on leaving your curtains open and giving everyone a peep show each night. Otherwise id just stick with a standard room. Totally not worth upgrading. Cabanas puts you close to the pool and bus stop #4. Casitas 4 & 5 puts you close to bus stop #1 (first pickup). so many choices.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

7. goofyintoronto

I should mention cabanas 8a &8b are closer to bus #4 & the pool. 9b is closer to main building.

8. deltadisney

deltadisney Mouseketeer

No. In my opinion, the preferred rooms are worth it only if being close to the main lobby/pepper market is a concern. We stayed at csr last December and had a preferred room next to main area and really enjoyed it. It is such an amazing resort and in hindsight, we would have been happy staying anywhere on the resort.

9. goofyintoronto

I agree. If you wanna stay close to the main building (further from the main pool) then preferred is for you for sure.

My previous peep show comment was re the water view btw. Lol.

10. theblondebee

theblondebee Mouseketeer

If you're not picky, like me, any room will do. It's our favorite resort. If you're like DH, then upgrade. He can stand a parking lot view and won't take a chance by not booking preferred.

11. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

I prefer the Cabana section so would never pay for a preferred room at CSR. Preferred rooms are Casistas 1, 2, and 3. Casitas 2 is the only building at CSR that does not have an elevator. If you are on an upper floor, your choices are to use the stairs or to walk all the way around the building to Casitas 3, use their elevator, turn right off the elevator, walk across the bridge/walkway over to Casitas 2, then walk around the building to your room. Quite a few of the preferred rooms also face the parking lot. No way am I paying extra for a room that faces the parking lot, that I have to climb four flights of stairs to get to.:rolleyes1 Water views are nice, but in ten trips to CSR I have been upgraded from a standard room to a water view five times and one other time was almost a water view (end of Cabanas 8B, facing the walkway that separates 9A and 8B, across from the laundry and quiet pool over in Cabanas 9A--but could also see the lake any time we stepped out of the room and looked right).

12. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the input, you confirmed what DW and I had already been thinking. We have booked our stay, 12/15 - 12/22 and left the room selection up to the Magic of Disney!

13. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Our "water view" faced a quiet pool on the first floor. Not worth it.