Is it worth it to leave the parks and have a CS at a resort?

talanjohn

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering if it is worth the time and energy to travel to a resort for a CS meal. It seems after a few days all the CS meals begin tasting the same and I heard a few of the deluxe resorts have better food.

Sure, if you're willing to go to a resort or park-hop for a TS meal, then why not for a CS meal? After all, you're travelling to eat and the end result will be the same - you'll be full and won't have to eat for a while. But, if you would plan to only eat in the parks then you'll probably get annoyed at the time you'll lose by going to a resort to eat.

But, if you think about it - you could go to GF, Poly, CR or WL from MK, and the YC/BC from Epcot WS or DHS, so you have a lot of really close options. I think it's a great idea if you take your trip leisurely. It's something we may do on our FD trip too.

It wouldn't be worth it to me, not for counter service. Which deluxe resorts are you talking about? The quick service areas at deluxe resorts are actually smaller and have less selection for the most part than the value or moderate resorts because they have table service restaurants also.

I'm wondering if it is worth the time and energy to travel to a resort for a CS meal. It seems after a few days all the CS meals begin tasting the same and I heard a few of the deluxe resorts have better food.

We do it three or four times during our trip for a couple of reasons.

1) We do it because we take an afternoon break at our resort mostly every afternoon;
2) We like visiting other resorts and don't always do a table service at a resort--depends on our touring schedule
3) We always do it on our Hollywood Studios day because we just can't stomach any of the counter service meals there

And it is easier for us as we rent a car and always drive to the parks and back to our resort and then back to the parks at night

I doubt I would leave midday solely for a CS meal at a resort. Granted you might get tired of burgers but I think each park offers enough variety that you could find a suitable counter service meal.

On a down day or in the evening after you are done in the parks I would be likely to venture to other resorts. But if you don't have a car it can be time consuming moving from one resort to another.

We have taken the time to leave a park for a resort TS eaterie, but I really doubt we would for a counter service meal. It takes time & effort to get out of the parks and to a resort. For us, it just wouldn't be worth the time & effot for counter service.

When we used to vacation at DW years ago we always used to eat CS at the resorts especially at Captain Cooks at the Poly and also at the Contemporary when they used to have that snack bar by the arcade, not sure if that is still there or not.

There should be a wide enough choice of CS food at the parks, Epcot more so than the others I'd say, but we never got bored of it.

If you did want to go to a resort, CSR has a great CS eatery called Pepper Market

Depends on why you'd do it - just for a quick bite to eat to sustain you? Then maybe not worth it. But if you'd do it for a bite to eat, a little more relaxed break while you eat, the chance to look around a resort, then maybe yes. If you are in EPCOT, it's a short walk over to the BC/YC or Boardwalk area and both are lovely places to sit and visit for a while - and Beaches and Cream isn't really counter service but it's a fun stop esp if you like burgers and ice cream. And if you are at MK, you can hop a monorail or boat and choose CR Poly or GF (or even WL). The Poly CS has some different polynesian inspired choices (stir fry, flatbreads) and there are shaded patio tables to sit outside and eat. Or you could have a drink and a bite to eat at one of the pool bars. Not sure if I'd leave HS or AK because both are a little farther and therefore more time consuming to leave and return midday. Maybe HS on a nice day - I guess the boat ride to Boardwalk/BC isn't too long.

There should be a wide enough choice of CS food at the parks, Epcot more so than the others I'd say, but we never got bored of it.

If you did want to go to a resort, CSR has a great CS eatery called Pepper Market

Staying at CSR at heard mixed reviews about Pepper Market. I am excited to see that you can get a rib eye steak for dinner using a CS credit. That right there is going to let me try Pepper Market. I also heard if you ask for it to go you don't have to pay the mandatory tip.

Sure, I did it a couple of years ago when I was taking a day to visit the resorts and see Christmas decorations. Had a nice lunch of soup and salad at Mara (AKL), and dessert at the BW. I had a great time.

I would go to the Poly for lunch, the chicken lo mein and the bbq pork sandwich are fantastic....but I would not venture to any other deluxe resort for a CS lunch.

It seems like the moderate resorts have a much better selection of CS food than the deluxes. The CSR especially has a huge selection at the Pepper Market. CBR has a good selection of CS food. Poly may have good food, but the selection is very limited. IMHO

If you have the Park Hopper, eating CS at a resort is often a great idea. The CS restaurants in the parks can become crowded, while the ones at the resorts are often not.

For example, my mother and I will spend the morning at the Magic Kingdom. Around lunchtime, we will take the monorail to the Polynesian for CS lunch at Captain Cooks. Then, we will take the monorail to Epcot, and spend the afternoon and evening there, including our TS in the World Showcase.

Hope I helped.:goodvibes

We are thinking on one of our DHS days, taking the bus over to POP and having lunch or dinner there. POP is fairly close to DHS so we shouldn't lose too much time. That is the only time we are planning on doing this though and it's not something we've ever done before.

It seems like the moderate resorts have a much better selection of CS food than the deluxes. The CSR especially has a huge selection at the Pepper Market. CBR has a good selection of CS food. Poly may have good food, but the selection is very limited. IMHO

Yeah all the mod/value resorts have food courts something which deluxe resorts don't have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter