Is it worth $300 to upgrade from the POP to POFQ?

frecklefacegirl

Earning My Ears
We're a family of 4 -- with two teen daughters, and we're booked for the POP Oct. 4-14. We stayed there in 2006 and had a great experience. I'm worried that 10 days is a VERY LONG time to be there, and want to split our stay between POP and POFQ. My husband thinks this is crazy and a waste of money. What do you think?

OMG, for $300 I wouldn't hesitate a bit. Heck, for $500 I'd do it as well. POFQ is beautiful, small, peaceful, and perfect for families.

We love POP, but our stays have never been for more than a week at a time. I like the idea of a split stay although I've never had an opportunity to do it. (I"m also a tightwad LOL!) I will say this - When you're exhausted and you make the LLLOOONNGG treck back to the POP busses, don't you always notice the POR/FQ line and say "Boy I wish that was my stop!" I say go for the split stay - 10 days is a long time in one room and you tend to get stir crazy after about the 5th or 6th dayanyway. Have a great trip!

I would do it at no cost. I stayed in the music bulding, 3 of us when they first opened. Although they are nice, keep clean they are small and I can't picture 2 adults and 2 teenage girls staying there for 5 days let alone 10:)

Yes. We did POR last year and POP this Jan. We went the other way because we saved just shy of $700 to downgrade. We felt it was worth it and it was.

However, if it was only $300, I would have stayed at the Mod..

So do it!

In a word....YES!! If the $300 isn't a big deal, do it :) .

Definitely do it. We stayed at POFQ in 2006 and the bus service is great and the boat to downtown is awesome, everything very convenient. Nice little resort!!!!

Definitely do! Not only is POFQ beautiful, but it is small and cozy! You'll love how close all the buildings are to the main desk, the food court, and the bus stop!

Pop is an awsome resort-I love the viberant colors, the bus and the big gift shop!
POFQ is such a nice resort Id love to back soon! Its small very small clean and nice the busses are good the boat ride to DTD was so fun and relaxing! You go past the old tree house villas and they are so neat to see! The way the pool is laid out you can always find a lil nitch to relax in with out kids jumping all around. It is very romantic too! I would do it for sure!

Absolutely. I can't imagine 4 "adults" in a value room that long. Two teen girls are going to feel cramped with no privacy. At least at FQ you have the privacy screen, a bit more room, and more storage space. The extra sink will be more important with the girls as well.

Plus the change will be exciting mid trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter