Is it true? No more chicken strips!!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by stnet, May 20, 2008.

1. stnet

stnet Mouseketeer

I heard that all of the restaurants were switching over to chicken nuggets and getting rid of chicken strips. I noticed that Columbia Harbour House has changed. Just wondering if its true for every place that used to carry chicken strips. I may be alone in this but I totally prefer chicken strips to chicken nuggets.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CheezDoodle

CheezDoodle <font color=CC0066>But ooohh, how I want one!<br><

The nuggets are like the strips, but 10x better! The only difference is that they're smaller and a lot juicier. They have the same breading as the strips, I think.

The nuggets/strips are pretty much the only things I eat at Disney counter service restaurants, and I approve! :thumbsup2

4. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

I heard the new ones now have milk in them. Can anyone confirm this. My niece is lactose intollerant and before hearing this I was planning on getting her the chicken strips as I know she would eat them.

Are the nuggets pressed meat? or are they real pieces of chicken?

5. stnet

stnet Mouseketeer

Great to know!! I think on our last Disney trip I had chicken strips everyday so I was worried!! Do you know if the honey mustard dipping sauce is still available - I love it too!!

6. ChrisAlli

ChrisAlli DIS Veteran

I know when we were there last May, some places had chicken nuggets (Cosmic Rays), they were nothing like the chicken strips. Does anyone have a picture? DH is going to miss the strips. CHH still had them last time, but looks like they switched.

7. bolgers love wdw

bolgers love wdw Wilderness Lodge Nuts :)

We just got back from a week trip and the nuggets are yummmmmy!!!!:goodvibes They are way better than the strips. I had them 4 out of 6 counter service lunches and I loved them!!! So did my 2 yr old DS!!!And yes the honey mustard sauce is still there.(Ken's brand)

8. quixoticvalue

quixoticvalue Mouseketeer

My Dbf had the chicken nuggets this past weekend. They are EXACTLY like the strips, just smaller pieces. You have a choice of either 6 or 8 of them and they usually come with fries. I was relieved to also see that they are NOT processed, but chunks of chicken breast--not dark meat.
    I didn't have them, but as a heads up, dbf enjoyed his dinner.

9. tlhbdm

tlhbdm 1354.40 miles away from the mouse

Here is a pic from our December trip. They are strips just in bites, very yummy:

[​IMG]

10. ChrisAlli

ChrisAlli DIS Veteran

Oh, those look good. The ones around when we were there last were more like Wendy's. Those in the picutre do look like the strips, just smaller.

11. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER Moderator

it is the same type of chicken only in smaller pieces......I didnt have to cut them to eat them......delicious just the same

12. JenH1969

JenH1969 Mouseketeer

I saw both when we were there- mostly the all white meat finger like ones though- only a few round nuggets to be seen.

13. stnet

stnet Mouseketeer

Great!! Thanks for all the info!!

14. sdickison

sdickison I live in Orlando, Florida

The chicken strips were replaced park wide in February. They come from the same company that supplied the strips.

15. abk96

abk96 Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters

Thanks for the picture. They look delicious! When I first heard that they got rid of the strips and put nuggets in their place I was picturing those flat things you get in kids meals. Does anyone know if they are serving these in kid's meals also?

Can't wait to try them.

16. pooh6890

pooh6890 DIS Veteran

They look really good, but are they charging the same price for smaller pieces? Man!

17. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

Does anyone know if the nuggets contain any milk or milk products?

18. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I was a WDW chicken strip conesseuir! I was originally very upset that they changed the strips, but these nuggets are great. They do have the same exact breading as the strips, too.

19. dawgsgirl

dawgsgirl DIS Veteran

I was in the world last week and was pleasantly surprised that I liked the nuggets. At the POFQ food court they made sure you called them chicken BREAST nuggets.

20. kimluvswdw

kimluvswdw <font color=darkorchid>I just can't put my finger

Were just got back and I can't believe that they turned the strips into crispy nuggets. They are still good, but you get alot less.

21. dancemomnj

dancemomnj DIS Veteran

Are these instead of the grilled unbreaded ones that we had on the children's menu for many ts?