Is it time for a "New Adventureland?"

comcastlover33

Mouseketeer
Adventureland in The Magic Kingdom seems to be showing its age. Adventureland is often just rushed through, to get to Frontierland or Liberty Square. Two of its popular attractions are either down for maintence, or have a maintaince announced, those being Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of The Carribean. A New Adventureland could also help further compete with Universal, as New Fantasyland mostly attracted young girls, New Adventureland could atract all genders and ages. This is all just my thiughts, so what do you think?

I think it would be neat to updated the lands one at a time, however not sure how they would do it. You could easily add something from Tarzan into a 'New Adventureland' But yes, with Adventureland only having two main rides (Jungle Cruise and Pirates) and one show (Tiki Room), there should be more to it in order to attract families to spend more time. I think it would be great to have a TS restaurant in Adventureland...that is not Rainforest Cafe or like that, but something that tie in the Jungle Book or something. Maybe it is just wishful thinking on our part. But I agree that more can be done for Adventureland, the issue is space available I believe.

A lion king themed restaurant! They could have a tarzan ropes course playground, and do something, anything, anything but have that silly treehouse...

A lion king themed restaurant! They could have a tarzan ropes course playground, and do something, anything, anything but have that silly treehouse...
What?! "silly" treehouse! It's a favorite for my sister and I. . . but I have to admit it is silly and probably not on everyone's must do list :0

What?! "silly" treehouse! It's a favorite for my sister and I. . . but I have to admit it is silly and probably not on everyone's must do list :0

It's a wait line without a ride at the end. Actually, with the cool modern wait lines, it's just a line to the bathroom.

Adventureland has always been one of my favorite areas of the parks since I was a kid and my 2 yr old loves it now. Lots of rides at MK need refurb but Adventureland would be my last choice for a total rehab. If I was going to pick a spot to completely overhaul it would be Tomorrowland. I was never a huge fan of the giant rock design and Buzz is run down and Stitch was a lame replacement for AE. Adventurland still may be the best themed part of the park.

Adventureland has always been one of my favorite areas of the parks since I was a kid and my 2 yr old loves it now. Lots of rides at MK need refurb but Adventureland would be my last choice for a total rehab. If I was going to pick a spot to completely overhaul it would be Tomorrowland. I was never a huge fan of the giant rock design and Buzz is run down and Stitch was a lame replacement for AE. Adventurland still may be the best themed part of the park.

I agree with this completely. Tomorrowland needs an overhaul far more than Adventureland. It can't decide if it wants to be a retro themed vision of the future (which is fine!) or just a dumping ground for any rides having to do with space. Stitch is a horrible ride, monsters inc doesn't fit at ALL, and Buzz just isn't that exciting, especially compared to Toy Story Mania.

All Adventureland needs is a TS restaurant, imo.

I still love Adventureland! Pirates is one of my absolute favorites, and my family loves the Tiki room, Jungle Cruise and the treehouse. I especially love Adventureland at night - and I love the fact that it's usually one of the least crowded areas of the park..

I love the tree house! Swiss Family Robinson is one of my favorite live action Disney films! But yes, Adventureland needs more attractions and a TS restaurant.

Stitch is a terrible attraction and Monsters Inc is great but belongs in HS imo. Tomorrowland could use an update for sure.

After reading these...I didn't even think about Tomorrowland...I agree that one needs to be updated more than any other section of the Magic Kingdom...I actually feel like I'm taking a step in the past instead of a step in the future when I walk in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter